I simply stayed I wouldn't be surprised. Never did I say people here were like this.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 02:48 PM
    Trying to read crackberry or Android Central are prime examples of why this browser needs ad blocking. On a z10 every ad takes up half the page. My LG g3 hasn't seen an ad since the second day I got it. If ads were placed sensibly then not a problem but just scrolling down this thread page subjected me to 4 totally irrelevant half page ads.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    05-22-15 02:56 PM
    Did you think the Internet was really free?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-22-15 03:06 PM
    Because that's what 3rd party browsers are for, sillly!
    Browsie and Evolution Browser and good native browsers with adblocking.

If you'd like to try an Open Source adblocking browser, I suggest you try the new Android Browser from the makers of AdBlock plugin for desktops https://downloads.adblockplus.org/de...latest-arm.apk

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    05-22-15 09:56 PM
    Thank you for this link!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-15-16 12:36 AM
    Quite unbelievable that Apple let's that happen, haha... :-D
    Thanks for sharing!

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    Apple introduced extensions to allow ad blockers in iOS 9. Got a fair number of Internet bloggers and "content providers" rather upset and ignited quite a debate on whether blocking ads can be considered piracy or theft.
    01-15-16 09:35 AM
    Apple introduced extensions to allow ad blockers in iOS 9. Got a fair number of Internet bloggers and "content providers" rather upset and ignited quite a debate on whether blocking ads can be considered piracy or theft.
    Interesting. I never paid attention to that happening (though I guess now I'm intrigued enough to look it up). Though without looking into it, I'd tend to lean in favor of a built in ability to block ads as long as bloggers and content providers have a reliable check to see if their ads are blocked, and if so, lock the browser/app out until the adblock is turned off. That may seem like a Zero-Sum solution, but there'd still be some content providers who don't really give a hoot as to whether you block their ads. Some sites already do an "Adblock Check", but I don't know how reliable it is.
    01-15-16 09:49 AM
    Interesting. I never paid attention to that happening (though I guess now I'm intrigued enough to look it up). Though without looking into it, I'd tend to lean in favor of a built in ability to block ads as long as bloggers and content providers have a reliable check to see if their ads are blocked, and if so, lock the browser/app out until the adblock is turned off. That may seem like a Zero-Sum solution, but there'd still be some content providers who don't really give a hoot as to whether you block their ads. Some sites already do an "Adblock Check", but I don't know how reliable it is.
    They are indeed accurate but I just disable for a split second then reactivate if it doesn't work then I move on.

03-25-16 06:26 PM
    Ghostery works like a champ on BlackBerry Priv and goes beyond ads and blocks trackers too!
    Cracks me up to see how many trackers there are on the web.

03-25-16 06:29 PM
    It's not. We all have been paying our Internet providers for the fiber and basestations they install, for the computers in their data centers.
    That's what our phone and cable bills are for.
    The internet was funded by governments through taxpayers' money.
    It was only in the mid 1990's that companies started to take advantage of that infrastructure to make money and add their own infrastructure.
    But don't worry, we all paid for it.
    So, yes, it should be free and ad companies and Google should share their profits with us for using our data, and they should charge an honest price for their services. Then we would know their true value and see how many people are willing to pay for them.
    Black Ice likes this.
    03-25-16 11:12 PM
    Is there a third party ad blocking app for BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's called ad block .Check out Ad Blocker for Default Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59987159

Very easy to set up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 03-26-16 at 07:31 AM.
    03-26-16 07:17 AM
36 12