05-26-09 06:38 AM
32 12
tools
    The newfit buds aren't free anymore. I was on the site and saw they are now charging $9.99 for them. Is it just me, or is that what the new pricing is?
    Looks like they are, in fact, charging for the newfit buds now. But it also looks like they didn't clean up their website 100%. For example, there's still a footnote that states that there's a limit of one package per customer -- which used to be the deal when they were free.

Until very recently, I was so spoiled by the Jawbone's sound quality and noise suppression (without compromising sound quality) that I insisted on having one with me any time I drove. New car I just started driving, however, has integrated bluetooth, and despite my skepticism I find that I simply don't need a headphone anymore. Integrated BT in the car is fantastic, because I can be listening to music (radio or CD) and it mutes when the phone rings -- that in itself is great. Also still have voice dialing, and the voice recognition in the car works beautifully -- and the speakerphone is apparently implemented quite well, as people on the other end of the call tell me that the sound is excellent.

I'll save my jawbone for times I'm driving somebody else's car (my wife's, for example), but I suspect that's the only time I'll be using a BT headphone for the foreseeable future.

Anyway -- back on topic: 1) yes, it appears that you have to pay for the newfit buds; 2) I still don't think that the company understands ergonomics, despite having the best electronics in the marketplacel; and 3) the jabra ear gels have been, by far, the best fit on a jawbone for my taste and comfort (I have the blue gels now and used the clear mini-gels before) -- they work perfectly, don't fall off, and improve both the fit and sound conduction into the ear (as well as improving bass response, since there's a snugger connection between the earpiece and ear canal). If I were to continue using my jawbone, it would always be with a jabra ear gel.
    04-23-09 08:43 AM
    I'm using some cheap foam ear plugs(bulk) from Walgreens. I get a good comfy fit for a couple weeks but no biggie to trim and replace.
    04-26-09 07:23 PM
    Jawbone New Fit Kit FTW
    04-30-09 04:10 AM
    I use Jabra minigels as well and did away with the hook on my J1.
    04-30-09 01:57 PM
    Get The New Earpieces From Aphi...they Are Great And Come With The New Jb Prime. I Have Them And Couldn't Get The Originals With The Jbii To Fit At All, But The New Ones Fit Really Well When You Learn How To Place Them In Your Ears. The Jb Prime Is Now The Best Fitting Headset I Have Ever Used And I Have Used At Least 12 Sets Over The Past Several Years.
    05-14-09 12:11 AM
    perhaps using it without the ear loop might help, but I highly doubt it :P
    05-26-09 03:16 AM
    Attachment 25708 Try this. Only way it would work for me.
    05-26-09 06:38 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD