Android with no lagg with BlackBerry keyboard

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 05:40 PM
    How about a BlackBerry with a BlackBerry keyboard and no reporting back to the Google Overlords?
    07-28-14 05:48 PM
    All hail the Google overlords!
    I welcome them. I will never join them.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-28-14 05:51 PM
    The one that works for you. There is no universal perfect phone.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-28-14 06:18 PM
    ...what I currently use.
    07-28-14 06:35 PM
    BlackBerry 10 running on a note3.

Love bb10 and the size of the note.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 07:26 PM
    KitKat on a Q10 would be awesome. Too bad you never actually own BlackBerry hardware.
    07-28-14 07:29 PM
    KitKat on a Q10 would be awesome. Too bad you never actually own BlackBerry hardware.
    OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I hate Kitkat. It was only average with my Note Pro, which shipped out with it, and it destroyed my Note 3, which had originally shipped out with Jellybean.
    You want Kitkat? Get an Android.
    But don't molest my Blackberry with that abominable OS perversion. Yuck.
    srfinva and Jrox74 like this.
    07-28-14 08:08 PM
    OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I hate Kitkat. It was only average with my Note Pro, which shipped out with it, and it destroyed my Note 3, which had originally shipped out with Jellybean.
    You want Kitkat? Get an Android.
    But don't molest my Blackberry with that abominable OS perversion. Yuck.
    Uh, you may have noticed that I said KitKat, not KitKat + Samsung's TouchWiz bloatware. Surely you must realize that there is a difference between the two. Right?
    07-28-14 08:13 PM
    Uh, you may have noticed that I said KitKat, not KitKat + Samsung's TouchWiz bloatware. Surely you must realize that there is a difference between the two. Right?
    lol. Exactly. A big difference.
    07-28-14 08:33 PM
    Actually, NO, I have no idea: I am The Supreme Techtard, you see. Back in the days my kids taught me how to turn on the computer and how to text. I'm not kidding. Explain KitKat then. "cuz my experiences with it have sucked major sucky suckness.
    07-28-14 08:42 PM
    One that makes and receives calls

Caribbean Z30
    JLErwin3 likes this.
    07-28-14 09:04 PM
    Actually, NO, I have no idea: I am The Supreme Techtard, you see. Back in the days my kids taught me how to turn on the computer and how to text. I'm not kidding. Explain KitKat then. "cuz my experiences with it have sucked major sucky suckness.
    KitKat by itself as it comes from Google is a very nice mobile OS that performs quite well even on low-end hardware. The problems you encountered with KitKat more than likely were caused by Samsung's custom overlay and not KitKat itself. Samsung takes Android and then adds TouchWiz on top of it. That results in both good and bad things.

TouchWiz has several features that stock or vanilla Android lacks, for example, multi-window multitasking and Air Command. TouchWiz even had Bluetooth 4.0 before stock Android did! Some of those features may be very useful depending on what you do with the device and some may be a complete waste of space that you'll never use. But whether you use them or not, they take up space and resources on the device. In short, TouchWiz and other OEM overlays makes Android more bloated.

In comparison, vanilla Android is barebones, which is a good thing in my opinion because it allows the user to determine which apps and features he wants to use and leaves off the stuff that won't be used. Vanilla Android performs much, much smoother than something like a TouchWiz device will.

That is why whenever you see someone complain about Android lagging, they are almost always talking about a Samsung Galaxy whatever with TouchWiz and not stock Android. Bottom line, you can't experience KitKat properly when your device runs KitKat + TouchWiz. The difference between the two is huge.
    07-28-14 09:06 PM
    KitKat by itself as it comes from Google is a very nice mobile OS that performs quite well even on low-end hardware. The problems you encountered with KitKat more than likely were caused by Samsung's custom overlay and not KitKat itself. Samsung takes Android and then adds TouchWiz on top of it. That results in both good and bad things.

TouchWiz has several features that stock or vanilla Android lacks, for example, multi-window multitasking and Air Command. TouchWiz even had Bluetooth 4.0 before stock Android did! Some of those features may be very useful depending on what you do with the device and some may be a complete waste of space that you'll never use. But whether you use them or not, they take up space and resources on the device. In short, TouchWiz and other OEM overlays makes Android more bloated.

In comparison, vanilla Android is barebones, which is a good thing in my opinion because it allows the user to determine which apps and features he wants to use and leaves off the stuff that won't be used. Vanilla Android performs much, much smoother than something like a TouchWiz device will.

That is why whenever you see someone complain about Android lagging, they are almost always talking about a Samsung Galaxy whatever with TouchWiz and not stock Android. Bottom line, you can't experience KitKat properly when your device runs KitKat + TouchWiz. The difference between the two is huge.
    Oooooh... Wow, thanks, that was educational, I had no idea.
    Do you happen to know, just out of curiosity, which brands of phones serve pure Android?
    07-28-14 09:20 PM
    Do you happen to know, just out of curiosity, which brands of phones serve pure Android?
    No problem at all, happy to help in anyway that I can and I apologize if my first reply sounded rude.

To answer your question, a easy and affordable way of getting a pure Android experience is with a Nexus device. Either the Nexus 5 ($300-$350) for a smartphone or a Nexus 7 ($229 - $269) for a tablet make great choices. Nexus devices are what Google thinks Android should be, and they always get the updates first. The Nexus 6 may be coming out soon.

You can learn more about the Nexus line at Google Play.

For an even more affordable option, the Motorola Moto G is almost entirely stock Android, it gets updates very quickly (only a short time after Nexus devices) and can be had for anywhere from $89 to $200 off contract depending on storage amount and carrier. My kids have the Moto G and we only paid $50 for them because BestBuy had them on sale. The Moto G is a great option for the price.

Hope that helps.
    07-28-14 09:33 PM
    The Nexus phones come with pure Android. That is enormous improvement over what Samsung offers.

I'd be very interested in a passport running Android L.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Evilguppy and Witmen like this.
    07-28-14 09:33 PM
    No problem at all, happy to help in anyway that I can and I apologize if my first reply sounded rude.

To answer your question, a easy and affordable way of getting a pure Android experience is with a Nexus device. Either the Nexus 5 ($300-$350) for a smartphone or a Nexus 7 ($229 - $269) for a tablet make great choices. Nexus devices are what Google thinks Android should be, and they always get the updates first. The Nexus 6 may be coming out soon.

You can learn more about the Nexus line at Google Play.

For an even more affordable option, the Motorola Moto G is almost entirely stock Android, it gets updates very quickly (only a short time after Nexus devices) and can be had for anywhere from $89 to $200 off contract depending on storage amount and carrier. My kids have the Moto G and we only paid $50 for them because BestBuy had them on sale. The Moto G is a great option for the price.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks!
    The things I learn in a day.
    Witmen likes this.
    07-28-14 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry physical keyboard and belt, with Blackberry hub, with all the notifications of a 9900, ability to run popup notifications. Charging contacts of a 9900, and widgets and flexibility of stock android and screen size of a Moto x (minus room for a keyboard.) And battery life of moto or q10 (both of which are good). Native apps (not ported).
    SmileDahling likes this.
    07-28-14 09:41 PM
    Ew

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 09:55 PM
    .....the one that makes you happy.

Sent from CB Forums mobile app
    JLErwin3 and srfinva like this.
    07-28-14 09:56 PM
    The Q2000 most likely

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-28-14 09:58 PM
    Note 3 and its spen with BBOS10 but without Samsung Bloatware!

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    JLErwin3 likes this.
    07-28-14 10:08 PM
    How about a BlackBerry with a BlackBerry keyboard and no reporting back to the Google Overlords?
    Perfectly written.
    07-28-14 10:23 PM
    um Z30 with apple app selection. or Google play.
    07-28-14 10:26 PM
    The ideal phone is a BlackBerry Z30 with all required applications and a better camera (low light performance) .

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    07-28-14 10:28 PM
83 123 ...