Since AT&T upgraded my 8300 with the 8310 (had memory problems and they were out of 8300s) I�ve been seriously considering painting it. I really, really don�t like the grey on it. It still has a few months of warranty on it so I don�t want to disassemble it and void the warranty so�I started thinking of what I could do in the meantime. Right now, I have a BSE skin on it (awesome and cheap), and I was thinking that for the time being, perhaps I could just order a new one and paint the skin before I apply it. So once I get the skin, im going to put 2 coats of which ever color I choose, and 1 clear coat (of course not painting the screen protector)�question is, is if it�s going to look decent. As soon as I get it done I�ll post pics, hopefully it�ll work out nicely!
    05-07-08 09:30 PM
    Will definitely be interested in seeing the final pics GOOD LUCK!
    05-07-08 09:44 PM
    I don't think it will work properly, because i think the paint will chip/peel off the skin, especially When peeling the skin off the backing.

Although, for the price, and keeping the warranty, it would absolutely be worth it.

You would need a model paint, that is used to paint the bodies of R/C cars, and something that is flexible.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Definitely keep us posted on the progress!
    05-07-08 10:14 PM
    I really, really don’t like the grey on it.
    Perhaps you should have gotten a Pearl, available in a wide range of "pretty colours".
    Last edited by anon(153966); 05-08-08 at 01:28 PM. Reason: ...a bit rude.
    05-08-08 05:26 AM
    I think you should just go ahead and paint the screen protector, hey Why not!
    But seriously, I look forward to seeing the results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 02:13 PM

You would need a model paint, that is used to paint the bodies of R/C cars, and something that is flexible.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Definitely keep us posted on the progress!
    Thanks for the advice, I didn't even think about it cracking or chipping. I'll make sure and get model paint. I hope to have the pics up by next thursday.
    05-08-08 10:20 PM
    Make sure you go to a Hobby shop, amd ask what kind of paint they use to paint the R/C car bodies, its been a while, so i forget.

can't wait to see the results, that will be an easy way to change the color If it works!
    05-08-08 10:24 PM
    If you decide you want something permanent...ColorWare now paints smartphones. I always wanted to send in my mac to get colored...but it was extremely pricey.

I just looked today and they do the Pearl starting at $99 dollars. My pearl is pink but not HOT PINK and i wish it were So we'll see. If i decide to send it ill ill definately post pictures of the final outcome!
    05-09-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD