Just had an idea, while checking out the bbm.com page. They had a tremendous success putting BBM cross platform. But I also think, that BlackBerry has more supreme apps like Password Keeper, which I think is a killer. They could use their successful bbm.com page to promote it. Add a cloud service to it as it was in BB7... Don't you think it would also be a hit?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:23 AM
    Actually my most useful apps when I traveled for work were BlackBerry Travel in combination with Blackberry Traffic and BlackBerry Maps. They were stellar.

I don't use them much now because I don't travel for work anymore, but they sure did help me out.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-29-13 at 01:32 PM.
    12-29-13 08:50 AM
    Used to be that way with blackberry application suite that could run on Windows mobile. Maybe Chen wants to bring that back?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:11 AM
    Yes, I wish BlackBerry could provide paid version to other platforms and free for BlackBerry devices. Bring money in and convert people back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 09:17 AM
    Who knows, may be it just might work

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 11:13 AM
    Actually my most useful apps when I traveled for work were BlackBerry Travel in combination with BlackBerry Travel. They were stellar.
    "BlackBerry Travel" is just a licensed and "skinned" version of the WorldMate app, and uses the WorldMate travel services, which are already available on all the other platforms. BB just made a deal with WorldMate to re-brand it as BB Travel so it would seem more integrated to BB users.
    12-29-13 12:50 PM
    "BlackBerry Travel" is just a licensed and "skinned" version of the WorldMate app, and uses the WorldMate travel services, which are already available on all the other platforms. BB just made a deal with WorldMate to re-brand it as BB Travel so it would seem more integrated to BB users.
    Perhaps. They do look an awful lot alike and act an awful lot alike. But I do not conduct financial transactions on my SGIII especially with an app whose developer I don't know.

I know that millions and millions of people conduct financial transactions on Android devices. My preference is, and has always been, to keep financial transactions out of my Android devices. There are too many vulnerabilities for me to trust sensitive information on an out of the box SGIII.

That's me.....your mileage may vary.
    12-29-13 01:12 PM
    It's not a secret. Until recently, the WorldMate BB page made specific reference to BB Travel. A recent update seems to have dropped that term, but again, it's not like it was ever a big secret. The BBOS app was also WorldMate. This is pretty common knowledge in the CB community and has been for years.
    01-01-14 04:19 AM
    Don't know about it being a "hit", I'm not sure it's a huge success on BlackBerry itself although I do use it myself, but the idea itself is plausible, BlackBerry could do with taking its apps cross platform and cloud connected, it appears to be the only one that hasn't adopted this strategy whereas you have :

Google Play
    Microsofts skydrive, office, email, etc
    Apple has their own bunch

BlackBerry only has BBM, but could very well start building upwards from here.

Also it doesn't matter if BlackBerry repackage or license other apps, Apple do and did it too, i.e. their maps were powered by Tom Tom originally.

Posted via CB10
    Adomeliss likes this.
    01-01-14 04:49 AM