5. You may not vote on this poll
  • App sounds corny

2 40.00%
  • App sounds good for free

3 60.00%
  • App sounds good and I would may be willing to pay a $1 or $2

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Figured I would post this here because how active this board is and see what you guys think.....

I am developing an app that will alert you about specials or happy hour deals for bars in your area. The app will go off your gps location. I know when I travel I am always looking for a good place to get a cheap drink. Figured an app like this would be pretty useful for those of us that like to socialize while consuming alcoholic beverages.

The app doesn't have to be limited to happy hours, could be restaurant deals or nightclub specials. The point is to have a way for bars/restaurants/nightclubs to have a way to send out deals to people in the area. And for those deals to go to people who are actively looking for some cheap drinks or food.

Tell me what you think about the idea. Would you get it? Do you think you would use it to find good deals. Would you be interested in once you found a good deal to post it to twitter and/or facebook so your friends could meet up with you.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    10-28-10 10:17 PM
    The Premise of the app is good, except RIM patented Billboard PUSH advertising this year. which would have been the best way to get out this information to the consumer.

your challenge will be to make this even somewhat useful would be to build a back end for the app that allows Restaurants to update their Status of Happy Hours/ Specials/Deals, Getting All of the local merchants even every area to participate will be no small feat in it's self, you can't rely on googlemaps, or GPS maps for location as many small pubs don't show up properly by Garmin nor Google as to their locations.

Good luck with your app, but it is far more server side, and Salesmenship than it is app selling
    10-29-10 06:09 AM
    who needs the app when all you need is an Applebees Happy Hour!

Id try it out if it was a free app, I couldnt see myself paying for it.
    10-29-10 07:06 AM
    Yes definitely the hardest part is getting the bars/nightclubs/restaurants into the database and posting their deals. The backend CMS will allow for the deal poster to input their location via address or gps location. Also they will be allowed to enter multiple locations, so if you are a general area manager for say FRIDAYS and you are running a special in all your north east locations you can just select the happy hour for all your saved locations.

The posting part for the happy hour posters needs to be easy and to be streamlined. While individual bars/nightclubs/restaurants are good but the big chains will help a long way in getting the database filled.
    10-29-10 09:10 AM
    who needs the app when all you need is an Applebees Happy Hour!

Id try it out if it was a free app, I couldnt see myself paying for it.
    Lol this is true, but the app would be for someone that likes more then just one place, really what they are looking for a good deal in their normal local area or some place that is new to them.

Remember a happy hour can save you a decent amount of money, the app would probably pay for itself in one drink.
    10-29-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD