I am having a problem with *new message icons* on my Tour. When i get an email, only my general message folder shows that I have a new email, while my actual account email doesn't.

This becomes a pain because I hide my general message folder and when I have a new icon, i have to unhide, read, and then hide again...

is there a fix to this?
    I've already tried toying with the setting in message notifications/alerts

any help would be appreciated
    07-24-09 07:51 AM
    Have you tried preforming a reboot?

Pull the battery out, wait 15-30 seconds, pop the battery back in and boot the phone back up.
    07-24-09 09:00 AM
    This issue should or may be solved by pulling the battery. Sometimes it's just a glitch in the OS software which we have discovered has a few bugs in it.

I had the issue when I installed Verizons Visual Voicemail. The icon for a voicemail would not go away. I actually had to backup my phone, wipe, and reinstall the software for it to get it to go away. Some others have had the same or similar issues. Its just a glitch that we can't fix until RIM decides to put out an updated OS software package.
    07-24-09 09:05 AM
    yes, i tried that...to no avail

the weird thing is it only started doing this yesterday. I have had the tour for about a week now and it was doing fine until i had a large influx of emails last night
    07-24-09 09:07 AM
    Maybe you should head over to your carrier and see if you can get a new one. Sounds like a OS bug. If a reboot cant fix an issue like that, then possibly its a glitch in the phone you were given.
    07-24-09 09:30 AM
    i have also tried resending the service books to no avail...

if anyone has any options, i would be willing to try them before i have to make a trip to the sprint store
    07-24-09 01:57 PM
    y dont u contact technical division of BBM..
    07-24-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD