I just discovered another problem after restoring my device from a backup made just before a device wipe for forgetting a password I had set. I have no idea why the icons that were in folders are missing but i really need them to be there because they are all icons for apps already on the phone because they are part of BB or were put on the phone from sprint. I moved them into folders to better organize them for ease of locating apps I wanted to use. How do I get these icons back they are nowhere to be seen as far as I can tell.
    06-18-08 09:23 AM
    try this go to options/advanced options/host routing/ hit the menu button then register now
    06-18-08 09:30 AM
    All that seems to do is give me a txt saying I'm registered. But still all the icons are missing. The icons are present in other themes. Sprint music store, sprint tv, pocket express, facebook, googletalk, yahoo messenger, blackberry messenger, setup wizard, blackberry maps, voice note recorder, video camera, camera, tasks, alarm, voice dialing, brickbreaker, password keeper, help, search, sprint software store, email settings, setup bluetooth, and lock were all in these sub folders. What will happen if I delete the folders? Will the icons that were supposed to be in there be restored? Is it possible they are there and some odd glitch has them hidden with no option of unhiding them?
    06-18-08 09:39 AM
    May have to have the service books re-sent to the phone?

I'm not real savvy with this, and I'm sure some pros will chime in, but recently after syncing and removing some languages, themes and OEM media via desktop manager, I somehow lost browser and some other icons. Went to my Alltel BIS site and re-sent the service books and they came back.
    06-18-08 10:14 AM
    also try logging into your account on sprint.com and resend your service books
    06-18-08 10:14 AM
    But if the icons are in all of the other profiles it seems to me I have all the service books. Its just the one profile they are missing from. But even if I did resend all service books this won't restore the apps that are part of the BB factory installed software since it was already on there when the phone was pulled out of the box. Thats why I was thinking perhaps they are really in the folder and some glitch has them not appearing. If thats the case will I do harm if I delete the folders?
    Last edited by Stoneryno; 06-18-08 at 10:34 AM.
    06-18-08 10:31 AM
    Well I took a chance and deleted the folders and I was informed that all icons in the folder would be placed on the home screen which they all appeared once I confirmed delete. So then I figure I will create a new folder to put them in again and I am having the same problem with the new folder. Once the icons are in the new folder and I click on the new folder to view the contents it appears empty. So for now I have all of the icons on the home screen. I may even keep it that way unless someone knows why things in folders on the icon theme are not visable despite not being set as hidden in the folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 01:14 PM
    I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!

I bought iberry 2.0 theme and all works except no icons in the subfolders. I bought iberry and downloaded bphone. all 3 themes have the exact same problem. So I went back to my original theme, T-Moblie zen. The folders there DO work. but none of the 3 new themes. when i move icions into the folder, i only see the top sliver of one icon, and i cant select any of them. if i hit the HANGUP button, it goes to the top level, and for 1 quick second, i can see all the icons in the folder before it switches to the home screen. Looks likes some sort of glitch.

Any experts out there able to help us?

Thanks in advance.
    06-18-08 05:27 PM
    I'm using the BB dimension icon theme just in case it helps any.

06-19-08 03:52 AM
    guys - did you manage to find a fix for this problem?

same thing happened to me... wanted to have a folder for apps i dont use every day and another folder for games etc.

when i enter these 2 new folders, it is black... but when i press the "hang up" button, i see them for a split second while the BB is in the process of going back to the home screen.

...so they are there in the folder, but it just wont let me see them!!

very strange - can anyone help please?!
    (i am using BB DImension Icon theme also)
    06-29-08 01:40 PM
    I have not seen any new info. I've not bothered to try and fix it. I just keep everything on the homescreen now. I'm not sure which way I liked better but for now I am going to stick with everything on the homescreen until I have more apps. Hopefully info will surface as to why the folders aren't working right.

06-29-08 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD