I was wondering, do any of you have any icon pet peeves? I just got my berry in the mail and all my icons are scattered all over the screen and it drives me nuts! Am I A.R. for wanting all of my media icons on the same row and my notes, memo and calender on a row of their own. Addiction comes in many forms, please tell me I'm not alone in this
    07-30-08 03:03 PM
    This honestly doesn't bug me, and the icons are uniformly set in rows. So I don't consider them scattered.

You can, however, hover over an icon, and select Menu>Move to arrange them to your liking.
    07-30-08 03:04 PM
    Doesnt bother me. I just rearrange them the way i want.
    07-30-08 03:06 PM
    i re arrange mine everytime i get a new theme i am very specific lol
    07-30-08 03:08 PM
    Mine came arranged like that. Your's didn't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 07-30-08 at 03:11 PM.
    07-30-08 03:09 PM
    Mine came arranged like that. Your's didn't?')

Like what???
    07-30-08 03:10 PM
    I don't mind much because you can manually move/rearrange all the icons to where you want them to be. The thing that does bother me is that you can't change the color of the icons, except for the crackberry launcher icon. Wish all icons were cool like that.
    07-30-08 03:11 PM
    No big deal, I have to move them when I change themes anyway.
    I would think that the location of the icons is somewhat of a personal
    preference - so it would be hard for a manufacturer to know how to place them to please everyone
    07-30-08 03:16 PM
    No I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if I was strange for wanting them to be a certain way all the time? Of course I rearrange them...all the time (bad habit).
    07-30-08 03:23 PM
    I agree that it would be cool if after I placed the icons where I wanted them they would stay there.
    07-30-08 03:26 PM
    I arrange mine in order of importance, IE which ones I use the most. I like certain ones on my homescreen (IE Weatherbug, browser, messages, media, BBM,) but then I also like others in the top row when I open my full menu. It's all personal preference.
    I agree that it would be cool if after I placed the icons where I wanted them they would stay there.
    They do stay in place. What are you doing that moves them?
    Every time I change themes mine move
    07-30-08 03:29 PM
    It really doesn't bother me. I just arrange them the way I want them.
    07-30-08 03:32 PM
    In the top five first things for me to do : organize those icons. They have to be in a certain special order, unknown to me, but obeying some inner logic of my subconscious.
    Basically in order of most important/most often used. And grouped like with like.
    Glad I'm not the only AR/OCD person out here.
    07-30-08 03:35 PM
    Like what???
    you know, by type, NM, I was joking . I move them. For me the top five are the most important
    07-30-08 03:56 PM
    In the top five first things for me to do : organize those icons. They have to be in a certain special order, unknown to me, but obeying some inner logic of my subconscious.
    Basically in order of most important/most often used. And grouped like with like.
    Glad I'm not the only AR/OCD person out here.
    Allrighty then , help is only a phone call away. The first step is to admit you have a problem
    07-30-08 03:59 PM
    you know, by type, NM, I was joking . I move them. For me the top five are the most important
    Sometimes, I am not very quick on the uptake.........
    07-30-08 04:00 PM
    Allrighty then , help is only a phone call away. The first step is to admit you have a problem
    Sarcasm is, evidently, not an inborn, but an acquired and cultivated taste.
    07-30-08 04:07 PM
    Sarcasm is, evidently, not an inborn, but an acquired and cultivated taste.
    Apparently so. Because exelant was also being sarcastic.
    07-30-08 04:21 PM
    Thank you. I am trying to keep everything I write for the next week either helpful or funny. Been too serious lately , and that's not really my personality.

I thought what you wrote was really funny, Vitus. I was trying to play along, unless you were being mean scarcastic - in that case, never mind.

07-30-08 04:27 PM
    No, I was not being mean. I, too, was trying to be only funny or helpful. In an attempt to be self-deprecating, I was sarcastically poking fun at myself---and thought I had fallen flat on my face in a puddle of my own sarcasm.
    Was neither expecting, nor trying, to be consumed by a team or piranhas.
    Ahem....
    07-30-08 04:36 PM
    Most, if not all, of my posts are responses to one who has reached out to start a thread. Just trying to be humbly agreeable or helpful.
    I'm not into sniping or trolling with intent to maim & kill.
    ....and stuff.
    07-30-08 04:42 PM
    Yeha then, let's have some fun.

07-30-08 04:52 PM
    Oh, btw, I don't swim so good, lol. We're all friends here.

07-30-08 04:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD