I have had this icon on my screen for awhile now and don't know what it is or how to get rid of it.

The icon is right under the time and date on my home screen of my blackberry storm 2 9550. It has the number "1" just like other notifications but the icon that is beside the "1" look like the voice mail icon (record thing or upside down phone) but with three dots above it.

I checked my voice mail to see if that was it but nothing and I have already taken out my battery several times to restart it but the icon remains.

Please help me if you can!

P.S. I would post a screen shot of what it looks like but I keep getting an error message that says that my post count must be 10 or more to post the picture with it, so, I hope the description is good enough..
    03-31-11 01:05 AM
    Is it any of these?
    03-31-11 01:30 AM
    Nope its none of these. I have searched everywhere and find no answer to this. I have the same thing except mine is a 2 next to the symbol. I have a Storm2. My wife has a Curve and has the same symbol with a 1. It looks like a voicemail notification but it is VERY small and has 3 dots over it unlike the voicemail notification.
    06-07-11 06:28 PM
    Just found this:
    Re: Tiny voicemail icon with three little dots above it???
    Options

04-05-2011 09:55 AM

I discovered mine (i have a storm 2) after a blocked call (using Mr. Number Block) went to voicemail but with some issue about permissions, blah blah.

Anyway, i contacted my carrier (after many battery pulls, uninstalls/installs of some apps (including Mr. Number Block), searching all my folders for unopened messages, deleting all saved voicemails, etc.) only to be told there is no network issue and that the icon is not a known BB icon and must be related to a 3rd party app.

The only way i was able to remove the annoying icon is by doing a wipe of my handheld (for my storm it's a security wipe which returns the device to its factory setting). If you go this route, be sure you back-up your device so you can then restore selected apps and your contacts, calendar, etc.
    06-07-11 06:37 PM
    9550 unknown status symbol - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

• One dot: Fax voice mail message waiting.
    • Two dots: E-mail voice mail message waiting.
    • Three dots: Other type of voicemail message waiting.
    06-07-11 06:41 PM
    Dont know what "Other type of voicemail" means. I just went through everything you can on voicemail, yet symbol is still there.
    06-07-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD