When using icanmakeitbetter.com I was very excited to see a direct channel with Blackberry about ideas, concerns, etc. however the site seems to be useless.

here is why I think so:

In the list of the most innovators, that means the users with most completed or in progress ideas, the number 1 username is JKL0403 with 4 (four), the following top users have just one each.

Reviewing the No. 1 user, from the 4 completed or in progress ideas, 2 of them are regarding fixes of the icanmakeitbetter.com site. So actually only two of them are completed or in progress ideas about Blackberry OS, devices, etc. That seems kind of contradictory. Call him innovator for pointing out fixes in the site?. Nevertheless this user (JKL0403) has posted lots of interesting ideas and suggestions.

There are no stats to see how many ideas are completed, in progress, reviewed, etc. I have the feeling that they prefer not to show that because the results are poor.

There are ideas sitting in the icanmakeitbetter site for months with no comments or status of being reviewed.

Reading the ideas, there are really good ones, but no feedback whatsoever from BB, in some of them there is thank you note acknowledging that they received the suggestion.

So far what I have seen is that icanmakeitbetter is a lost of resources and just part of an idea by a marketing person in Blackberry that doesn't help to improve the blackberry ecosystem.

It would be an interesting topic for Bla1ze to discuss and interview Blackberry about it. Is it icanmakeitbetter.com really useful? I personally doubt it.

What do you think?
    11-24-14 11:22 AM
    It's about as useful as posting angry rants on CB and asking Bla1ze to do something about it.

I know venting off in here gives me some satisfaction and relief,.. free therapy, really.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    11-24-14 11:32 AM
    And every idea that we post there can be viewed by anyone including the competition. It would be a shame if other OS vendors started implementing the ideas first making BlackBerry look even more "me too" than it already does
    11-24-14 11:33 AM
    ^^this!!

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    11-24-14 11:34 AM
    Mmmhhh.

I'm glad there is a channel to give feedback or suggest improvements. Also, I'm pretty sure they're using it some way or another, even though the ideas do not seem to "move" on the website.

:-D

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    11-24-14 02:54 PM
    They sound about as useful as the BlackBerry Beta Zone. I've been on the BZ for almost a year, and there's been a bunch of posts, but almost no response in the past 6 months.

They used to release a user survey after every big OS update up to 10.2. They never did one for 10.2.1. A few weeks ago, there was one really short survey about cloud storage and our opinion of cloud security, but I didn't really think it was very comprehensive.

I was wondering if icanmakeitbetter was any... well... better. I even joined up there. All I saw were a lot of the same suggestions that have been on the Beta Zone.

It seems like they are both for the same thing, but neither getting anywhere.

And then there is the actual BlackBerry Community Forums - with, again, a lot of the same kinds of suggestions, problems and apparent in-attentiveness from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 03:14 PM