Hi guys,

It's been a very long time since I last posted something. A few years ago I finally gave up my much loved 9930 and moved to an HTC One X > HTC ONE X+ and currently my Samsung Galaxy S4. The reasons for my move were simple. Even though the 9930 was a wonderfully crafted device in my opinion. I grew tired of the battery pulls and the constant reboot when downloading or updating new apps. I also wanted a larger screen and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about the Google play store. In my experience, I found the google ecosystem to be a real awesome one. Apps I wanted were there. Google music and movies are great. I can go on, but you guys get the picture.

Enter the Classic. So, finally Blackberry puts out a device that is literally pulling me back in like I never thought possible. Why? Well, that wonderful keyboard + tool belt which change my mobile life. You see, my first smartphone ever was the BB Storm. Then I moved to the Storm 2 . Followed by the Torch 9810 which is still in use by my daughter. She refuses to give it up. Even after I offered her both an iphone and an Android device. I guess I have a future Crackberry user in the making.

So, for the past week I've been reading all of the posts here and watching every video on Youtube. I understand about the side loading and Amazon shop. I am a hair trigger away from clicking add to cart on Amazon (when more are in stock). However, some input from the early adopters may help me out.

So here are the questions;
    Are constant reboots a thing of the past (especially after downloading apps)?

Are there frequent visits from the spinning clock?

Do banking Apps work properly via third party?

Are the camera and video functions better or way better than the 9930 (actually my Storm 2 was great in that aspect)?

As for all of the cool media apps on the Google play store. There is no issue. My intent is to compliment potential Classic with my Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. It is much better for viewing movies and reading a lot of content. As for games, I don't play them anymore. So the point is moot. Social media for me is getting quite annoying these days. I still use Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family. I hate Twitter and g+ is just a read only for my hobbies.

Now, In possibly returning to Blackberry. I just want the best communication tool with the best form factor. Honestly, I'm just getting too old for B.S. I just want to get things done and move on. So, if any of you folks can be kind enough to let me know how the performance is on the new Classic. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and have a great New Year Crackberry Nation!
    nyfinch, Gatmyer and Andy_bb_king like this.
    12-27-14 07:49 AM
    I would go to a local cell provider who has a working Classic and demo the device for yourself and make your decision based on your user experience with the device.

Unless, your like me, being from the USA where no one has the device in stock, so your dependent on user and/or independent reviews and research to help you make the decision to pull the trigger.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-27-14 08:10 AM
    Are constant reboots a thing of the past (especially after downloading apps)?
    YES.

Are there frequent visits from the spinning clock?
    NO. It doesn't have a spinning clock as far as I can tell. Smooth as butter.

Do banking Apps work properly via third party?

YES. I run an Android banking app...use it to make deposits via the camea. Works perfectly.

Are the camera and video functions better or way better than the 9930 (actually my Storm 2 was great in that aspect)?

OMG....YES!

Now, In possibly returning to Blackberry. I just want the best communication tool with the best form factor.
    Then you have it.

In looking out onto the horizon, if I peer through binoculars, I think I see other war-weary phone veterans stumbling back home after being beat up for a few years. Welcome home., soldier.
    12-27-14 08:18 AM
    Yes welcome home. Do let us know when you get the Classic and tell us about your experience with it!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:39 AM
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised with BB10 phones, no matter which want you pick. The UI is smooth and all keyboards, physical and virtual are amazing to use. This is NOT the OS7. It is a very efficient and clever operating system designed to get things done and then more. Blend itself is such a delight to use. The camera functions are not bloated. It offers just enough features to make capturing moments a joy to do.

Try it for two weeks and you will see what we mean. Reboots, spinning clocks are things of the past.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-27-14 08:42 AM
    Yes, I recommend you coming back! I have a passport and I love it, but I think the Classic will fulfill you! Enjoy and let us know...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:22 PM
    OK guys, thanks for all the great feedback. While on my lunch break today, I went on the Amazon site on a whim and noticed that the Classic was I stock again. Without hesitation, I placed my order. Estimated delivery date is 01/05/2015. I will give my evaluation afterwards. See you all next year :-)
    Last edited by schlemer; 12-30-14 at 07:16 AM.
    12-27-14 05:47 PM
    Get the Passport

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer likes this.
    12-27-14 06:33 PM
    Yes! Return! I did what you did and fell for the iOS and Android hype. Made my way back to BlackBerry via the Q10 and OS 10. Takes a couple of days to adjust but you'll be up and swiping in no time!

In fact, you might even end up frustrated at your tablet like I am because you have to keep pressing a button to navigate.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    12-27-14 06:35 PM
    It's best time to back to BlackBerry. I have never thought of migrating to any other although many temptations during my tenure 10 yrs with bb.
    It's emailing with forever option, keypad and hub are attaching me.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    12-27-14 06:57 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:26 PM
    Welcome back!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:07 AM
    You should have asked this question on a level playing ground, a tech review site perhaps, of course the faithful are going to praise the BBRY regardless of faults. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!!

Pearl 8100->Pearl Flip->Storm->Torch 9800->Torch 9810-Bold 9900->Iphone 3g->Iphone 4g->Z10->Samsung S3->Z30->HTC m8->Note 4
    12-28-14 10:51 AM
    BB_Junky, I am pretty OK with asking on this forum. I've been on it since 2009. Since then, many have gone to other platforms and have returned. In my opinion, that's a good thing. Experience with multiple platforms is the the only way one finds out what's best for them.

Currently, I love a lot of things about my s4. However, I really miss the form factor of a traditional blackberry. Also, I find the lack of faith in security deeply disturbing ( yes that was a Star Wars reference ;-))
    Last edited by schlemer; 12-28-14 at 12:01 PM.
    12-28-14 11:45 AM