So I've owned Android and iOS devices in the past but my Q10 is my first Berry. I must say, the app situation is terrible. People definitely aren't exaggerating when they talk about how bad it is. The multimedia features are also lacking. A lot. But honestly.. the strength of the hub completely makes upp for those. A unified inbox/hub will always be a necessity in my future phones from now on. It makes it so much easier to find things, receive notifications, and keep things organized. The hub was the last thing that I thought I would become addicted to but it's honestly the best thing about bb10. I love my Q10 and i'm excited to see what Chen and BlackBerry can add to BB10 to make it an even better OS.

Posted via CB10
    aha, Mack Gans and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    12-14-13 12:14 AM
    I think most of us feel that way
    12-14-13 12:16 AM
    Yes, the app situation is horrible and I'm very displeased about it, installing android apps honestly doesn't fix the problem since the most important ones will always have a bug and features not working.

Good thing that the OS is amazing, otherwise the only reason I would own my Q10 would be for the qwerty physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 likes this.
    12-14-13 12:21 AM
    Yes, the app situation is horrible and I'm very displeased about it, installing android apps honestly doesn't fix the problem since the most important ones will always have a bug and features not working.

Good thing that the OS is amazing, otherwise the only reason I would own my Q10 would be for the qwerty physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Yup! The OS needs some improvement but it's still new when compared to how long Ios and Android have been around. It just needs time and I hope BlackBerry is around long enough for the OS to be perfected.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:33 AM
    Funny u had posted this. I was on my daughter's phone and was getting annoyed that I had to open various apps just to view her texts and emails. She has an Android. We r having some email and text issues with her phone. Will try again tomorrow so I can take deep breaths.

BB Uniq BB Bold
    Mack Gans and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    12-14-13 12:33 AM
    Funny u had posted this. I was on my daughter's phone and was getting annoyed that I had to open various apps just to view her texts and emails. She has an Android. We r having some email and text issues with her phone. Will try again tomorrow so I can take deep breaths.

BB Uniq BB Bold
    Haha well I was using my friends iPhone earlier and kept having to either swipe down or go and find the messaging icon and then go into the actual app. It was so annoying having to open the twitter app to see tweets, open the facebook app, the messaging app, an email app, etc.

With our Berries we can just swipe up and over and never have to open an app

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:36 AM
    So I've owned Android and iOS devices in the past but my Q10 is my first Berry. I must say, the app situation is terrible. People definitely aren't exaggerating when they talk about how bad it is. The multimedia features are also lacking. A lot. But honestly.. the strength of the hub completely makes upp for those. A unified inbox/hub will always be a necessity in my future phones from now on. It makes it so much easier to find things, receive notifications, and keep things organized. The hub was the last thing that I thought I would become addicted to but it's honestly the best thing about bb10. I love my Q10 and i'm excited to see what Chen and BlackBerry can add to BB10 to make it an even better OS.

Posted via CB10

My dad got the Note 3 and I am in love with the 5.7inch screen. Coming from a Q10 I have screen envy!!! But dam I miss the hub everytime I grab his phone. But I think i could get used to it one day... it sucks and is less efficient but bigger screen/all apps/lower SAR levels so its not all bad.

in short the HUB is awesome and it would be hard to leave it.
    12-14-13 12:37 AM
    My dad got the Note 3 and I am in love with the 5.7inch screen. Coming from a Q10 I have screen envy!!! But dam I miss the hub everytime I grab his phone. But I think i could get used to it one day... it sucks and is less efficient but bigger screen/all apps/lower SAR levels so its not all bad.

in short the HUB is awesome and it would be hard to leave it.
    Yeah I know what you mean! The screen on the note 3 is amazing. I work in BestBuy and always find myself in the Samsung experience shop playing with it. The hub and physical keyboard are the only thing keeping me here. And i'm afriad i'm never going to leave because of it haha

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:39 AM
    If nothing else blackberry is at the forefront of communication, they have that aspect figured out. I agree that they need some development in the app department... I personally think this is they're biggest hurdle to get more people back on board. For developers, as a business tool, in communication it is the best platform out there bar none.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:45 AM
    If nothing else blackberry is at the forefront of communication, they have that aspect figured out. I agree that they need some development in the app department... I personally think this is they're biggest hurdle to get more people back on board. For developers, as a business tool, in communication it is the best platform out there bar none.

Posted via CB10
    ^This. This and marketing.
    12-14-13 01:00 AM
    I don't know how many models BlackBerry will continue to produce, or how many units they will sell.

But as long as they produce a new physical QWERTY phone every year and it incorporates the Hub, then I'll keep buying.
    12-14-13 01:12 AM
    ^This. This and marketing.
    100% you are correct

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 02:27 AM
    Totally. Hub is gorgeous.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:34 AM
    Well said OP. I was extremely hesitant to leave BBOS. Money was definitely a factor but after a good stint with BBOS devices and reading about how exceedingly different in every way BB10 is, giving up the 9900 was causing me all kinds of worry. I'm glad I bit it and made the jump because indeed, the hub is fantastic. Best notification management system I've ever seen.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    12-14-13 08:58 AM
    I am completely fine with or without the HUB. Sometimes I find the HUB to be too cluttered when a lot of messages come through and I would prefer to deal with the message within its respected app. Sometimes I don't even miss the HUB because the Android and iOS notification centers work almost the same way, allowing me to view all new messages and respond to them right there.

The HUB is nice though if you like having everything in one spot.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-13 09:05 AM
    Agreed. When I first got my Z10 nine months ago, I used to just play around with the hub, and I never thought I'd get used to it. But now that I have, I've been starting to realise how much slower it is for me to reply to messages, and view activities on my iPhone, as compared to my Z10. I really do love the BlackBerry Hub, and it probably has already saved me hours of my life.
    kylef5993 likes this.
    12-14-13 09:45 AM
    I am completely fine with or without the HUB. Sometimes I find the HUB to be too cluttered when a lot of messages come through and I would prefer to deal with the message within its respected app. Sometimes I don't even miss the HUB because the Android and iOS notification centers work almost the same way, allowing me to view all new messages and respond to them right there.

The HUB is nice though if you like having everything in one spot.
    I found it too cluttered. Now whatever gers added to the Hub I take out.

From the flashing LED I know what's come in before opening the Hub anyway so instead of swiping to the hub I either just to go my active frame or swipe to the app tray. I don't find this way to be any slower.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:51 AM
    I found it too cluttered. Now whatever gers added to the Hub I take out.

From the flashing LED I know what's come in before opening the Hub anyway so instead of swiping to the hub I either just to go my active frame or swipe to the app tray. I don't find this way to be any slower.

Posted via CB10
    Yea. I honestly find it easier to use the notification center to respond. I can do it from within any app I am in as well.

It's all personal preference.
    12-14-13 10:00 AM
    I'm with you OP. Anytime I think about a different platform or try to use my husband's android, I get a bit frustrated from not having the HUB.

I've had my Z10 since February and I love the HUB. I put my text and hub icons into a folder and threw it on the back page of my apps. When I want to just check one account - I just select it in the hub. If I don't want to see notifications from an account - I don't have it show up in my main Hub feed but I can still select it if I want to see it.

Love also being able to pull down and see today's and tomorrow's schedule. Super handy.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:12 AM
    Yea. I honestly find it easier to use the notification center to respond. I can do it from within any app I am in as well.

It's all personal preference.
    Yea, but sometimes I'm responding to things from weeks or months ago. It's all there in the Hub, from recent messages to those spanning back to the beginning of time.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:28 AM
    Yea, but sometimes I'm responding to things from weeks or months ago. It's all there in the Hub, from recent messages to those spanning back to the beginning of time.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but it is lumped with everything else unless you click the specific tab for a certain type of message. At that point it's the same as going into the specific app for the messaging service you are trying to use, or I can just system search for the message and get it as well (just like you can search the HUB) right from the homescreen.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-13 11:36 AM
    Its certainly a personal preference but I don't miss the hub at all.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-14-13 11:46 AM