At this point my expectation is really really low for RIM. I just hope they can survive so I can continue to use a blackberry. My productivity system is so interleaved with RIM's ecosystem that just don't feel right on IOS or android or windows OSs... I guess I can tune my system for other ecosystems if I have to, but prefer not.

If RIM climbs up from this situation, maybe blade will become a reality.
    I am in the exact same boat as you my friend, but....if RIM don't survive (Which i doubt very much...78 cough cough million cough) then i will have to stop working on RIM devices and learn a whole new OS..or be out of a job god forbid .

Anyway less of the doom and gloom...BB10 is gonna blow up!!! (not literally)

Everything will be fine .........i think lol
    09-01-12 09:36 AM
    I am feeling excited about BB10 too... but I will have to read your updates first ... keep the updates coming man! And send the secrete ones to me by BBM (I heard they are very secure, lol)
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 09:57 AM
    I am feeling excited about BB10 too... but I will have to read your updates first ... keep the updates coming man! And send the secrete ones to me by BBM (I heard they are very secure, lol)
    I will keep you posted!

Hahaha secure indeed

BB10 #TheFuture?
    09-01-12 10:13 AM
    Hello my fellow BlackBerry people

I was going to wait until my company gave me a confirmed date but i couldn't hold in the excitement

First of all let me introduce myself, my names Aaron i'm 25 years old and i'm a Troubleshooting content editor for RIM through a company called SBE by day and a DJ/MC by night lol.

Yesterday my head bossed walked in the room and was having a conversation with my team leader and i was eavesdropping and i heard the words 'BlackBerry 10 testing', so me being me and my excited self i approached my main boss, greeted him and asked him what he meant when him and my team leader where discussing BlackBerry10.

He told me that within the next two months the team will be going to Canada to see RIM and he will be bringing back the BlackBerry 10 device for me to do testing and see how the system works................

So erm .....yes I soiled myself haha.

Obviously after handling the device I will let everybody know what I think of it but for the meantime I have a quick question, the leaked pictures that are on the crackberry homepage..does anybody know if they're official and what do you think of it?

P.S. Thanks for welcoming me in...in advance

Woah this can only mean one thing then, that the beginning of the arrival of BB10 is nigh...

Be sure to bring lots of energy into the testing with Lattes.
    09-01-12 10:59 AM
    Woah this can only mean one thing then, that the beginning of the arrival of BB10 is nigh...

Be sure to bring lots of energy into the testing with Lattes.
    I hope the arrival is close. All this march talk that I keep seeing is kinda making me angry but if we have to wait...so be it.

Quality comes first.

I will drool when I start testing these devices
    reidban likes this.
    09-01-12 12:31 PM
    Yeap I hope no march talk anymore...even my bank account thinks so..
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 01:38 PM
    Welcome! Can't wait for your updates eh. Currently rocking my white 9700,broke my 9900 5 more month to go
    MC_A_DOT and jmbel13 like this.
    09-01-12 02:09 PM
    I am looking forward to more updates.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-01-12 02:37 PM
    Welcome! Can't wait for your updates eh. Currently rocking my white 9700,broke my 9900 5 more month to go
    Thanks

When you say broke what do you mean lol?
    Aravil likes this.
    09-02-12 07:43 AM
    MC' ;

As a declared DJ/MC by night have ya been able to utilize your Pb within your gigs, ..... as one of the dj performers was seemingly utilizing what looked like 3 units of those (oversized ) tabs' , during the opening ceremony for the Paralympics !?

doug c
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-02-12 01:26 PM
    watch what you say.

You will be under NDA.
    09-02-12 06:36 PM
    ^ exactly. The same thing sort of happened with our Fearless CrackBerry Leader Kevin. He wrote up a blog about handling BB10 and was listing 10 features they are looking forward to with BB10. However, he kind of umm slipped on what he could say about it and so originally he had posted a picture of what looked like to be the BB10, but then he immediately removed it.

So again be careful what you say.
    09-02-12 07:51 PM
    I am leaning toward full touch at the moment... as you can tell I chose 9810 over 9900 so I do love larger screen... but last week I had to reply a txt message on one of my colleague's galaxy s ii and I gave up half way because it was so bad without a physical keyboard, I had to pull out my 9810 to reply in an email. That gets me thinking a little bit. So I think the the perfect form factor for would be a slider... and I really don't care how thick it is... but it looks like RIM is given up sliders.

Without slider I will wait and see how well the full touch keyboard is.
    I was told the new slider will be called "Blade".
    09-02-12 08:10 PM
    I was told the new slider will be called "Blade".
    Blade is a concept industrial design for BB10 from someone outside of RIM. It captured lots of attention here but nothing is confirmed whether RIM would use it or not. News has been floating around about RIM's plan to release 6 models of BB10 phones next year, among which there will be two high end models for sure, some mid and low end models. And the high end models won't include a slider for sure.

If that's true, there will be no high end sliders for next year. And Blade wouldn't be a blade if it is not a high end phone anyway.
    09-02-12 08:58 PM
    Hello my fellow BlackBerry people

I was going to wait until my company gave me a confirmed date but i couldn't hold in the excitement

First of all let me introduce myself, my names Aaron i'm 25 years old and i'm a Troubleshooting content editor for RIM through a company called SBE by day and a DJ/MC by night lol.

Yesterday my head bossed walked in the room and was having a conversation with my team leader and i was eavesdropping and i heard the words 'BlackBerry 10 testing', so me being me and my excited self i approached my main boss, greeted him and asked him what he meant when him and my team leader where discussing BlackBerry10.
    He told me that within the next two months the team will be going to Canada to see RIM and he will be bringing back the BlackBerry 10 device for me to do testing and see how the system works................

So erm .....yes I soiled myself haha.

Obviously after handling the device I will let everybody know what I think of it but for the meantime I have a quick question, the leaked pictures that are on the crackberry homepage..does anybody know if they're official and what do you think of it?

P.S. Thanks for welcoming me in...in advance
    Two months is too late. So many reviews are already coming from left and right. Your reviews will be nonsense.
    09-03-12 12:49 AM
    I hope in 2 months you don't say you cannot say anything.. because we've already heard nothing..
    09-03-12 03:04 AM
    2 months? Internal testers have their devices right now. London, Liverpool, Nevada are all in internal employee hands right this very second.
    09-03-12 01:50 PM
    hmmm liverpool you say what is this code name liverpool
    09-03-12 06:17 PM
    haha... nice catch! I hope that's the code name for a high end slider
    09-03-12 09:02 PM
    haha... nice catch! I hope that's the code name for a high end slider
    mostlikely won't be a high end slider, if memory serves me right the M series is the slider, L series full touch and N series QWERTY.

i would guess that the liverpool may be the speciel edition developer device for developers that have dev alphas
    09-03-12 09:06 PM
    Well other threads that have posted the BB10 leak is saying Liverpool is the L series from N4BB.
    09-03-12 09:12 PM
    Well other threads that have posted the BB10 leak is saying Liverpool is the L series from N4BB.
    they also said london, L series is a name starting with L
    09-03-12 09:16 PM
    if memory serves me right the M series is the slider.
    Right, Milan.... now it just came to me, why is Nevada on par with London & Milan?
    09-04-12 12:00 AM
    its the 9900 bold style. the bold has always been RIMs high end device why change it for BB10
    09-04-12 12:05 AM
    its the 9900 bold style. the bold has always been RIMs high end device why change it for BB10
    If RIM wants to survive they need to think about how the world will look in 2 years...
    and I think that the psychical keyboard is starting to be out of date..
    Sparro likes this.
    09-04-12 01:18 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD