The Classic and Passport while cool devices are only Niche Devices for a very small Blackberry 10 consumer base and will barely over new customers. We need a Z10 and Z30 refresh and that slider.....Blackberry it isn't that hard guys....

Release a Z10 refresh with 4.7 inch screen..quad core..1080p....10mp 16GB device with a decent battery priced about 450 to 500 USD

Release a Z30 Refresh with a 5.2 to 5.5 Quad or Octa Core with a 2k screen....3500mAh Battery...Super Amoled...32 or 64 GB....16MP OIS.....$650 USD

The mass doesn't like a 1:1 ratio screen because the mass watch videos...play games....and so on and that Ratio is not the standard.

Let's hope the Slider increases these sales but Blackberry needs to understand...you have to cater to all those people you sold the Z10 and Z30 to that is over 60% at least that you are not catering to you can't forget you current user base as they have no hardware upgrade path to go to as I own a Z30 and refuse to buy a passport or classic however I will buy the slider but not all people will.
    blackmoe, lift, LuisCast and 10 others like this.
    03-27-15 10:14 AM
    *facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:17 AM
    I have a Z30 and I am not even interested in the Passport, Classic or Slider. I agree on the Z30 improvements....A Z50! Of course that would make what? 2 of us? so im not sure how much that would help BB.........
    03-27-15 10:18 AM
    I have a Z30 and I am not even interested in the Passport, Classic or Slider. I agree on the Z30 improvements....A Z50! Of course that would make what? 2 of us? so im not sure how much that would help BB.........
    Yup I agree
    Zirak likes this.
    03-27-15 10:20 AM
    You could have just posted this on one of those "There is no full touch flagship!" whining thread.

While I too would like to see a replacement to my Z10, I also realize that simply introducing full touch phones is not the answer.

- Chen already stated that there are tons of Chinese manufacturers that could produce cheap touch screen phones that are spec'ed quite well. This is why other phone other phone manufacturers such as HTC, Motorola, Sony, and Samsung are either losing profits, or just barely getting by.
    - I would say the strength of a BlackBerry 10 phone is not in the specs but in the BlackBerry 10 software that no other phone in the market has. In that sense, the Z10 and the Z30 are still very capable.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:21 AM
    They're low because there's little to no reason to buy a BlackBerry device. If you're price-sensitive, buy Android. If you want unparalleled third-party support and no-fuss use buy iOS. The battle for this generation has been fought and lost.

FWIW I don't think Microsoft has a chance either. If I had to guess I'd imagine that they'd slowly sunset (through benign neglect) Windows Phone OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:22 AM
    You could have just posted this on one of those "There is no full touch flagship!" whining thread.

While I too would like to see a replacement to my Z10, I also realize that simply introducing full touch phones is not the answer.

- Chen already started that there are tons of Chinese manufacturers that could produce cheap touch screen phones that are spec'ed quite well. This is why other phone other phone manufacturers such as HTC, Motorola, Sony, and Samsung are either losing profits, or just barely getting by.
    - I would say the strength of a BlackBerry 10 phone is not in the specs but in the BlackBerry 10 software that no other phone in the market has. In that sense, the Z10 and the Z30 are still very capable. Also what you saying is for them to abandon their current touch screen users?

Posted via CB10
    Buddy Z10 isnt sold anymore and Z30 will soon not be sold anymore. While we the users know the Z10 and Z30 is capable with the hardware the mass doesn't know and on paper it isn't impressive at all compared.
    03-27-15 10:25 AM
    When will people get it?

The reason no one is even looking at BlackBerry is because Apple and Android OEMs are delivering fine devices that are not making people wish they had something else. They aren't dropping the ball like BlackBerry did with the later BBOS devices that essentially had people throwing them out the window and celebrating their move to a "real" smartphone.

Until Apple and Android OEMs decide to just sit on their laurels and pretend that their dominance will never be challenged (like BlackBerry did), then the new BlackBerry does not have a space as a consumer full touch screen smartphone maker.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74, JeepBB, Gordash and 9 others like this.
    03-27-15 10:26 AM
    But hardware sales weren't high when they had new full touch offerings. The Z10 & Z30 did not sell well either. It doesn't seem like they can find a form factor than can catch more people's attention. PKB or VKB it seems only us faithful really buy them.
    03-27-15 10:27 AM
    Buddy Z10 isnt sold anymore and Z30 will soon not be sold anymore. While we the users know the Z10 and Z30 is capable with the hardware the mass doesn't know and on paper it isn't impressive at all compared.
    As far as BlackBerry is concerned the masses can go straight to hell, marketing to enterprise is their way forward. Why blow R&D, ad and manufacturing money on a phone nobody would buy anyway? Make a niche phone with a keyboard, trackpad, things like that and sell to people you know will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:29 AM
    Enhanced specs won't make up for the patchwork ecosystem behind Blackberry phones. Let's not forget that a phone with a dual-core chip with one whole gig of RAM is currently the best-selling phone on the market. Why? Because specs aren't everything.
    03-27-15 10:36 AM
    The people who didn't buy Z10 and Z30 for whatever reason is not going to pick up a Z50.
    03-27-15 10:41 AM
    The way the market works, it is very difficult to make money in hardware unless you are cool with slavery and people jumping off of buildings (even in San Diego !). But I am elated with the Classic. It's not just the keyboard, the package as a whole is kinda weird in good ways for people that need a communication tool, not just a video / game device. I would consider buying another Z10, I liked mine a lot. But for ergonomic and other reasons, I will probably own a qwerty as long as they are made, or my hands evolve into some kind of appendage compatible with virtual keyboards on glass screens.
    Gordash and chgaida like this.
    03-27-15 10:42 AM
    The people who didn't buy Z10 and Z30 for whatever reason is not going to pick up a Z50.
    Well OS has improved a lot since Z10 launch, and it would helpa lot if specs were very good.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-27-15 10:43 AM
    Agreed. It's the same old song and dance with this user.

Sales are poor because the app situation hasn't improved, and headlines of BlackBerry bricking it's own hardware via a software update don't help. Why would enterprise want to buy into such a platform?
    1magine likes this.
    03-27-15 10:44 AM
    I think perhaps a phone that has premium materials and styling could be an area BBRY needs to explore. They certainly aren't winning on pricing, specs nor popularity and it also seems that the recent niche phones haven't been a big success either. BTW, I don't mean phones like the Porsche Design either as they fall in the fugly department. The Z30 could have been that phone but the chin needs to go or at least be made from a premium metal or glass with thinner bezels especially at the sides.
    03-27-15 10:47 AM
    But hardware sales weren't high when they had new full touch offerings. The Z10 & Z30 did not sell well either. It doesn't seem like they can find a form factor than can catch more people's attention. PKB or VKB it seems only us faithful really buy them.
    If you want to catch people's attention you actually have to tell them you exist. Pretty simple.

To this day most folks outside of this geek community have never heard of a Z10 or Z30... let alone Passport or Classic.

BlackBerry's stubborn and idiotic refusal to advertise is the primary reason for their hardware failing.

Hard to understand how a guy as smart as Chen doesn't get this.

Then again, when I read a quote like "Our product road map is well received by carriers" I realize he's not really that smart.

After being forced to redesign their flagship for the only US carrier supposedly carrying it, one still can't walk into a typical store and even find one.

Well received? Talk about lying to shareholders... geez...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 03-27-15 at 11:04 AM.
    03-27-15 10:48 AM
    But the problem with that thought is sales have proven very few want a keyboard device. All the legacy owners that switched to iOS or android aren't coming back to BB. The people that have already made the switch have given up on there keyboard phone so unless BB makes a full touch to replace the one they have you are never going to sell any phones. And the Leap isn't that phone.

I made the switch to a BB full touch from my keyboard BB and will not be going back so unless they make a new full touch they will lose me as a customer and I would assume the very few of us that are using the full touch BB will be gone shortly as well. We are using a phone that is 2 going on 3 years old and will be ready for upgrades. As great as the BB operating system is, all the other options must work or people wouldn't be using them.

As far as BlackBerry is concerned the masses can go straight to hell, marketing to enterprise is their way forward. Why blow R&D, ad and manufacturing money on a phone nobody would buy anyway? Make a niche phone with a keyboard, trackpad, things like that and sell to people you know will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:02 AM
    Because
    a) BB10 was a crappy and unfinished OS before 10.2.1 and prevented a success of Z10
    b) The ongoing buyout-rumours prevented a success of Z30
    03-27-15 11:06 AM
    Keep your products cost as low as possible, come out with a Z30/Z40 equivalent with a great screen or an edge screen

Z10
    03-27-15 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    What if they made the devices as OP calls and they carefully managed inventory? How this could harm rather have being beneficial for them?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:07 AM
    Can't really add to what has already clearly been said. It is a two way race at the moment and even the mighty Samsung is starting to feel the pressures the market. The fact is, non Apple smart phones in particular are commodities at this point. You need to have the most cutting edge technology, a huge marketing budget and the some type of brand equity in order to make a splash. Even if you do somehow produce a phone that briefly cuts through all of the noise, there is no guarantee you will be able to follow up that success. There is a reason why Sony, a company who many of us admired for making amazing hardware is pulling out of the mobile space completely. Blackberry isn't stupid, they are just limited.Their OS has zero developer support, their brand reputation is the dumps and then don't have the resources to sustain the type advertising that would be needed to make some of you happy. That is why their hardware partnership with Samsung and the release of a slider makes absolute sense.
    03-27-15 11:10 AM
    What if they made the devices as OP calls and they carefully managed inventory? How this could harm rather have being beneficial for them?

Posted via CB10
    The devices OP wants are still bland slabs for the consumer market. That doesn't fall into any of BlackBerry's niches.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:11 AM
    So what are you saying?
    03-27-15 11:12 AM
    The demand has to be there first.
    03-27-15 11:14 AM
368 123 ...