I agree. The Z30 is fine. What would the improvements really get us?
    03-27-15 02:57 PM
    I am loathe to disagree with so many, but what sent BB off a cliff was the failure to realize that business professionals are in -fact....consumers. They are not some separate animal. Because they failed to provide the consumer side with a device and apps they wanted market share fell too fast to quickly recover once Apple made a big move into the Enterprise world. Why is Apple so successful in Enterprise today? Because they are a great consumer device that provides decent enough enterprise functionality. How is marketing any hardware, software or service to your small existing niche going to increase sales? It won't. Hence revenue declining for endless quarter after endless quarter. How to turn it around, make a phone consumers might want to buy. Get good tech word of mouth. Create a more positive image of BBRY. Market, market market! Price it low and expect losses. Release another high end device that shows the last one wasn't a fluke, and begin to develop steam again to the general consumer who - believe it or not is the same guy/ gal who is in the banking, financial or legal world who will be tomorrow's decision maker.
    03-27-15 03:06 PM
    Buddy Z10 isnt sold anymore and Z30 will soon not be sold anymore. While we the users know the Z10 and Z30 is capable with the hardware the mass doesn't know and on paper it isn't impressive at all compared.
    Z10 almost ended Blackberry, I don't expect to see a new version ever.
    03-27-15 05:07 PM
    I agree. The Z30 is fine. What would the improvements really get us?
    A higher asking price and a marginally better screen but no hdmi.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 05:10 PM
    Blackberry could launch the QXYZ50 with the best specs, @$99.00, the sales would still be low.

I would tell you why, but its been said many times before.
    03-27-15 05:24 PM
    The Classic and Passport while cool devices are only Niche Devices for a very small Blackberry 10 consumer base and will barely over new customers. We need a Z10 and Z30 refresh and that slider.....Blackberry it isn't that hard guys....

Release a Z10 refresh with 4.7 inch screen..quad core..1080p....10mp 16GB device with a decent battery priced about 450 to 500 USD

Release a Z30 Refresh with a 5.2 to 5.5 Quad or Octa Core with a 2k screen....3500mAh Battery...Super Amoled...32 or 64 GB....16MP OIS.....$650 USD

The mass doesn't like a 1:1 ratio screen because the mass watch videos...play games....and so on and that Ratio is not the standard.

Let's hope the Slider increases these sales but Blackberry needs to understand...you have to cater to all those people you sold the Z10 and Z30 to that is over 60% at least that you are not catering to you can't forget you current user base as they have no hardware upgrade path to go to as I own a Z30 and refuse to buy a passport or classic however I will buy the slider but not all people will.
    Smart stuff! I agree. Z30 is awesome but need a new phone with a little better specs
    03-27-15 05:30 PM
    Chen has to be lying on the numbers. Their are reports that the 90% of devices were BB10 is now 90% Classic and Passport, yet the ASP is $212 per device per the report. That ASP simply doesn't match the 90% Classic and Passport and would point toward 90% being Z10, Z30 as discounted prices. Put simply the numbers don't pan out.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly dont know where this "90% of shipped/sold was only classic and passort" is coming from. I heard him mention that 90% of the phones were the new gen phones or whatever BUT I interpret that to mean bb10 not bbos.

This is the quote

So starting with the hardware on the quarter over 90% of the product shipped in the quarter with newer generation higher margin products.
    Its vague at best but i just took it to mean bb10 in general and not just the 2 qwerty phones
    03-27-15 05:42 PM
    Chen has to be lying on the numbers. Their are reports that the 90% of devices were BB10 is now 90% Classic and Passport, yet the ASP is $212 per device per the report. That ASP simply doesn't match the 90% Classic and Passport and would point toward 90% being Z10, Z30 as discounted prices. Put simply the numbers don't pan out.

Posted via CB10
    Chen lying?

No... that would never happen... toungue in cheek...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:00 PM
    Wow and with those specs and the prices you are saying they should be, BlackBerry will then be operating at a loss for each device made.

Specs aren't everything. Especially for BB10. Specs are all for Android and iOS to one up each other while raping the consumer for a miniscule upgrade from the device they already have.

BlackBerry devices aren't selling not because of the device itself, but because of the history associated with the name BlackBerry and BBOS7.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:16 PM
    Blackberry could launch the QXYZ50 with the best specs, @$99.00, the sales would still be low.

I would tell you why, but its been said many times before.
    Lol BlackBerry could actually give their phones away and still not have anyone take them up on that offer.

It's not the device but the name and history of it. Nuff said

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-27-15 07:17 PM
    The Classic and Passport while cool devices are only Niche Devices for a very small Blackberry 10 consumer base and will barely over new customers. We need a Z10 and Z30 refresh and that slider.....Blackberry it isn't that hard guys....

Release a Z10 refresh with 4.7 inch screen..quad core..1080p....10mp 16GB device with a decent battery priced about 450 to 500 USD
    hardware sales are low SIMPLY because the BBOS units are completely phased out. There are no more in the channel to appease the laggards that refuse to upgrade because they proclaim the like it the way it is ... and that they love BlackBerry yet cannot see that no upgrading is hurting both the company and their choices at plans with their carriers.

Passport has HELPED BB this quarter as it raised the profit per unit sold! We need more HIGH END devices that increase revenues and profits for BB in the hardware revenue consisting up to 42% overall this quarter alone! This is WHY BB beat analysts by 8 cents US per share!

Z10 refresh has occured twice now: Z3 and now the LEAP = they ALL suck ... the Z10 was great in its day but it's not worth appeasing to this market segment:
    - clearly better options from Android/iOS devices
    - This segment does NOT buy into their accessories as much as high end market.
    03-27-15 07:58 PM

Release a Z30 Refresh with a 5.2 to 5.5 Quad or Octa Core with a 2k screen....3500mAh Battery...Super Amoled...32 or 64 GB....16MP OIS.....$650 USD

The mass doesn't like a 1:1 ratio screen because the mass watch videos...play games....and so on and that Ratio is not the standard.

Let's hope the Slider increases these sales but Blackberry needs to understand...you have to cater to all those people you sold the Z10 and Z30 to that is over 60% at least that you are not catering to you can't forget you current user base as they have no hardware upgrade path to go to as I own a Z30 and refuse to buy a passport or classic however I will buy the slider but not all people will.
    Where are the facts? Or is this just your opinion that you're stating as facts? It sure does seem like the latter.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:10 PM
    Where are the facts? Or is this just your opinion that you're stating as facts? It sure does seem like the latter.

Posted via CB10
    Everything here are just opinions as always.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    03-27-15 08:15 PM
    If you want to help get people interested in BlackBerry then show them why the phones and OS are awesome. A buddy of mine just changed from iPhone to BlackBerry. And he thinks it's awesome and ****s on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-27-15 08:17 PM
    If you want to help get people interested in BlackBerry then show them why the phones and OS are awesome. A buddy of mine just changed from iPhone to BlackBerry. And he thinks it's awesome and ****s on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree. Advertising sucks on the BlackBerry when you can walk into a store as big as Verizon and be told BB no longer makes phones.

When I first started using BlackBerry phones, they were the phones of movie stars and movers and shakers. Anyone who was ANYONE had one. It was an elite group to be included in by ownership of the device.

Today, people are more concerned with their Candy Crush score and being able to play it on their phone. Sharing and connecting have come to us via FaceBook and Twitter as society becomes more and more disassociated with one another.

People don't "talk" to each other anymore, they text and tweet. Internet users hide behind the autonomy of the web and abuse each other. People have become spoon fed and can no longer think for themselves. They need an app for that.

Devoting a bit of money to apps that that work well and are specifically native for BB use, adding more money for advertising that explains why the BB is so great for work and productivity and play, and making it clear to the carriers that the unit must be supported with proper use training are the only ways I see that BB can redeem itself.

The physical side of the BB is everything I want in a phone. It's tactile. I LOVE the feel of it in my hands because I feel the quality of the device, the workmanship and the world becomes mine. Security and productivity are my musts, not games, but I am one of a dying group.

We have children trying to kill parents because their iPhone was taken away. Seriously? When I was 12, even if they had been around, I would not have been given a cell phone until I earned it. Today's kids are given everything and at a very young age, hence the attitude of entitlement. And these are the people growing up, buying phones, and making our brave, new world.

Why bother to want a quality device when everything has become so disposable; lives, devices, ethics.

The attention span is short these days and unless someone TELLS this new generation why they need the BlackBerry, I fear my kids will never see one for sale on the open market. Spoon fed them, it's the only way they eat these days. Make apps that "dummies" can use like Apple does. People can barely speak proper English these days, how can you expect them to have to think through a device or an app?

If you don't grab their attention in 3 seconds, they're gone.

Everyone is a rock star, everyone gets a blue ribbon just for showing up to the race, and no one has to earn either. It's actually quite sad to me.
    03-27-15 09:28 PM
    This comment is spot on. It doesn't matter whether or not BlackBerry has a full touch or not. That would not drastically improve their sales. No one besides the BlackBerry fan base wants to buy a BlackBerry because there are no apps for it. I personally don't care as much about apps, which is why I love my Passport, but unless you are someone who cares only about communication and working on your phone (the minority) a BlackBerry is not for you. BlackBerrys are only for people who don't care about having access to a lot of the major apps. It doesn't matter that you can download android apps. Unless you are a fan of BlackBerry, you don't want a sub-par experience using apps that aren't native and often times don't run well. Don't expect to see their numbers go much higher than they have been.

Advertising won't do it either. If there are no apps then BlackBerry will NEVER see sales much higher than this. It's that easy.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

IMO Blackberry devices were never directed at the consumer market. I think the majority of BB devices were issued by IT departments to employees, rather then your average consumer walking into a store to buy a BB. Sure the Curve was popular with consumers for awhile but that was because it offered people something unique that other devices of the day didn't, a way to maximize data use by going through BIS which meant cost savings. With data buckets now bigger and cheaper that advantage went away, and today I don't think BB10 has such a compelling advantage.

I think the plan will be to eventually phase out hardware and be strictly software and licencing, with possibly a sale of the company down the road. Sure Chen returned Sybase to profitability but then wasn't it sold?
    03-27-15 11:01 PM

Super spec phones won't help BlackBerry.
    When will people realise this.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 11:13 PM
    Super spec phones won't help BlackBerry.
    When will people realise this.

Posted via CB10
    Low-spec, old spec, and over-priced BlackBerry devices certainly haven�t helped to grow BB10 (though they did help to grab some short-term profit). And since when has BlackBerry ever produced a super spec phone? Some of the specs being discussed are pretty standard for high-end devices BlackBerry is competing against. BlackBerry certainly can�t win the fight with one hand tied behind its back!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-27-15 11:36 PM
    Low-spec, old spec, and over-priced BlackBerry devices certainly haven�t helped to grow BB10 (though they did help to grab some short-term profit). And since when has BlackBerry ever produced a super spec phone? Some of the specs being discussed are pretty standard for high-end devices BlackBerry is competing against. BlackBerry certainly can�t win the fight with one hand tied behind its back!
    Never said they produced a super spec phone and it sure isn't the solution.
    OP started off with octa core, 2k screen etc. Didn't know those were standard specs now for high end phones. Meizu is one of a very few phones that even have similar spec to what the OP suggested.

It's laughable to think that all BlackBerry has to do is come out with an octa core 2k screen, high end mp for a camera, etc. phone and all their problems are solved.
    BlackBerry is lacking much more than a high end spec phone to be able to gain market share.

Posted via CB10
    Magnetox likes this.
    03-28-15 12:14 AM
    In your world where there are no constrain, sure! Your ideas is perfect in your own world.

But in the real world, may not. So I suggest you to send your resume / proposal to Blackberry. You might have a better chance changing the world than posting here.

- Charles
    03-28-15 03:52 AM
    Who says those reiterated versions won't end up being niche devices?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:01 AM
    My next blackberry phone must have return/home/menu buttons if I will get one.
    03-28-15 04:29 AM
    Folks, the bottom line on sales at least here in the USA is the fact that Android and IOS have embedded themselves into the mainstream and business culture here.

No one is going to give up their investment they have in their respective ecosystem to try another product and especially one who offers no support here what's so ever, period.

All my clients who where once dedicated Blackberry users have all converted over to either Android or IOS and when I ask about security the answer I get is the device security is fine for their corporate needs.

I do noticed some of the higher up executives still carry a Blackberry, but those are very few and are not going to help Blackberry when it comes to their bottom line.

I have been using my iPhone 6+ the past week because my major clients use custom apps for project management that I required to use and only run on IOS.

As much as I love my AT&T unlocked passport, I am afraid the time is coming when I will have to cross over to the other side wether I like it or not because my business comes before my loyalty to a brand.

I find it sad that it has come to this, but as I have said in many post, my carrier T Mobile no longer carries the brand and only has very limited support.

I will still keep my passport around but I am growing tired of having to change SIM cards and switching BBM all the time. I am hoping one day my carrier and maybe one of my clients will go back to Blackberry again and give them a chance.

But, for now it looks like I will be using my iPhone 6+ as my daily driver. I will always be a loyal fan in my heart and I am hoping that T Mobile and Blackberry will one day solve their differences.

For now I have to be concerned about servicing my business clients and that's just the way it is here at the moment.
    03-28-15 04:37 AM
    I have to agree. Advertising sucks on the BlackBerry when you can walk into a store as big as Verizon and be told BB no longer makes phones.

When I first started using BlackBerry phones, they were the phones of movie stars and movers and shakers. Anyone who was ANYONE had one. It was an elite group to be included in by ownership of the device.

Today, people are more concerned with their Candy Crush score and being able to play it on their phone. Sharing and connecting have come to us via FaceBook and Twitter as society becomes more and more disassociated with one another.

People don't "talk" to each other anymore, they text and tweet. Internet users hide behind the autonomy of the web and abuse each other. People have become spoon fed and can no longer think for themselves. They need an app for that.

Devoting a bit of money to apps that that work well and are specifically native for BB use, adding more money for advertising that explains why the BB is so great for work and productivity and play, and making it clear to the carriers that the unit must be supported with proper use training are the only ways I see that BB can redeem itself.

The physical side of the BB is everything I want in a phone. It's tactile. I LOVE the feel of it in my hands because I feel the quality of the device, the workmanship and the world becomes mine. Security and productivity are my musts, not games, but I am one of a dying group.

We have children trying to kill parents because their iPhone was taken away. Seriously? When I was 12, even if they had been around, I would not have been given a cell phone until I earned it. Today's kids are given everything and at a very young age, hence the attitude of entitlement. And these are the people growing up, buying phones, and making our brave, new world.

Why bother to want a quality device when everything has become so disposable; lives, devices, ethics.

The attention span is short these days and unless someone TELLS this new generation why they need the BlackBerry, I fear my kids will never see one for sale on the open market. Spoon fed them, it's the only way they eat these days. Make apps that "dummies" can use like Apple does. People can barely speak proper English these days, how can you expect them to have to think through a device or an app?

If you don't grab their attention in 3 seconds, they're gone.

Everyone is a rock star, everyone gets a blue ribbon just for showing up to the race, and no one has to earn either. It's actually quite sad to me.
    That is without doubt the best post I've ever read on this forum. Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better myself. That's exactly why I use a BlackBerry, to be an individual and not a sheep!

I'm close to an upgrade for my Z10 but can't find a good reason to change it as it works perfectly fine.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-28-15 04:47 AM
    Folks, the bottom line on sales at least here in the USA is the fact that Android and IOS have embedded themselves into the mainstream and business culture here.

No one is going to give up their investment they have in their respective ecosystem to try another product and especially one who offers no support here what's so ever, period.

All my clients who where once dedicated Blackberry users have all converted over to either Android or IOS and when I ask about security the answer I get is the device security is fine for their corporate needs.

I do noticed some of the higher up executives still carry a Blackberry, but those are very few and are not going to help Blackberry when it comes to their bottom line.

I have been using my iPhone 6+ the past week because my major clients use custom apps for project management that I required to use and only run on IOS.

As much as I love my AT&T unlocked passport, I am afraid the time is coming when I will have to cross over to the other side wether I like it or not because my business comes before my loyalty to a brand.

I find it sad that it has come to this, but as I have said in many post, my carrier T Mobile no longer carries the brand and only has very limited support.

I will still keep my passport around but I am growing tired of having to change SIM cards and switching BBM all the time. I am hoping one day my carrier and maybe one of my clients will go back to Blackberry again and give them a chance.

But, for now it looks like I will be using my iPhone 6+ as my daily driver. I will always be a loyal fan in my heart and I am hoping that T Mobile and Blackberry will one day solve their differences.

For now I have to be concerned about servicing my business clients and that's just the way it is here at the moment.
    Sad to read that, as you were one of the first to adopt both the Passport and the Classic. Having said that, I understand your reasoning and probably should've done the same if I were in your place. I hope one day the tables turn and you'll be willingly forced to convert back to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:50 AM
368 12345 ...