Hey fellow crackberrians!!

Recently, my beloved BlackBerry Z10 gave it's last breath. The battery and screen were completely busted, and it was my fault, shame on me. I went to a couple of repair shops in Leuven (that's where I'm going to university) and all of them gave me a the same anwser: this is going to cost a lot of money to repair. I know that I could do it myself, but being handy is not really my strong suit.

Because I don't have a lot of money, I just couldn't pay the fee to repair my phone. But, during the time I didn't have a replacement and I had to figure out what to do next, I used my previous BlackBerry, a Curve 9300. I really enjoyed the hardware keyboard and a lot about BB OS 6 as well, but because of the limited performance the phone stalled a lot of times. I then decided to go search for a second hand Blackberry Bold 9900, because they wouldn't have this problem.

I found one for a very reasonable price (90 euros) and I'm really glad with it. I think it's one of the best looking phones ever made (apart from the Passport, which to my opinion looks even beter), it's in great condition and the performance is snappy and battery life great. Of course I miss the Hub and app possibilities, but overall this is a good phone with a good screen and amazing keyboard.

I can live with the sacrifices I had to make to live with this phone, but I'm loving the experience with it as well. I even get more positive reactions about it then with the Z10 I had previously, so the BlackBerry Classic could really be right on the money.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I don't need to add a potato like on 9GAG
    chgaida and Andy_bb_king like this.
    12-17-14 03:00 PM
    It is always so very good to find the phone that works for you. My wife is on her third 9900. I keep thinking we will one day pry the last one from her cold, dead hands. The phone is a very remarkable device.
    12-17-14 03:05 PM
    It really is. The build quality, the keyboard and the great performance is really amazing. My best friend loves her Q10, but admits that my Bold 9900 is a really sexy phone. Probably I'm going to the Classic after this one.
    12-17-14 03:10 PM
    OMG....lol don't see how you did it. From performance issues to the terrible camera and bad battery life, I couldn't go back.

Glad u found something that worked for you though

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    12-17-14 03:22 PM
    "but because of the limited performance the phone stalled a lot of times. I then decided to go search for a second hand Blackberry Bold 9900, because they wouldn't have this problem."

You lost me here.
    12-17-14 03:32 PM
    I couldn't go back either. Z30 for me is the best BlackBerry phone but I do miss the keyboard and using a q10 for work emails only!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 03:48 PM
    because the 9300 has got a really bad cpu and no gpu at all. That's why. I thought that with the top of the line model, these issues would not be present.
    12-17-14 04:51 PM
    "but because of the limited performance the phone stalled a lot of times. I then decided to go search for a second hand Blackberry Bold 9900, because they wouldn't have this problem."

You lost me here.
    You lost him at the affordability part. He got a phone that he can afford and he enjoys his choice.

OP, I hope you have enough to get a Classic on contract when it rolls around in your country. Enjoy your 9900. I sure do wish mine hadn't gotten stolen TWICE!
    12-19-14 09:29 PM
    OMG....lol don't see how you did it. From performance issues to the terrible camera and bad battery life, I couldn't go back.

Glad u found something that worked for you though

Posted via CB10
    I never found the camera on the 9900 bad. I have had great photos taken with the phone. Loved the 9900 and definitely getting the Classic.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-19-14 10:00 PM
    I never found the camera on the 9900 bad. I have had great photos taken with the phone. Loved the 9900 and definitely getting the Classic.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Great photos in comparison to what? Many reviews said it could take decent photos but I was never anywhere close to a leading camera shooter. I'm glad you liked it. To each his own but I hated that camera for a flagship product

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:14 AM
    I hear you, dude. I absolutely loved my 9900 and I genuinely miss the feel of it in my hand. And, that unified inbox was absolutely a beast for plugging away at emails. The hub is great, but I do miss email on OS7.

I have a Q10 and Z10 and feel like the reason why I like the Q10 is because it reminds me of the 9900. That phone just felt right. Good on you for finding a phone that works for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:35 AM
    You won't be loving it in the long run. I have a 9930 company-issued. And I really like using it at times. For the keyboard only. Battery is abysmal. Let's not talk about the camera and apps. I got a Z10 prior my Passport. I had no severe issues with battery life and I was happy using it for more then one year. But Passport simply is a milestone. Even my IPhone addicted girlfriend is eying a red Passport now (not available in China as of yet though). I would love to try out Classic. For all the 10-ish benefits: Hub, Peek & Flow, Timeshift, Android apps (the few productivity apps not available in BB World), etc. etc. Design-wise Bold 9900/9930 remains the best ever seen in mobile history though. Hands down.

Posted via my Passport
    12-20-14 02:27 AM

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    I respectfully disagree with that.

I found myself horribly disappointed after switching from a 9790 to a 9900: only the former had auto focus. It also seemed like the quality took a dive too: I could NOT get it to take a good picture. Fantastic device, probably still my favorite, but a terrible camera.

The Z10's camera is a delightful surprise! Much better.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    12-20-14 07:20 AM
    I respectfully disagree with that.

I found myself horribly disappointed after switching from a 9790 to a 9900: only the former had auto focus. It also seemed like the quality took a dive too: I could NOT get it to take a good picture. Fantastic device, probably still my favorite, but a terrible camera.

The Z10's camera is a delightful surprise! Much better.

I can only speak from my experience and I had my 9900 for a long time, until the Z10 came out.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-20-14 08:41 AM
    I can only speak from my experience and I had my 9900 for a long time, until the Z10 came out.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Well, perhaps your camera was better than mine anyway. Could've simply been a hardware problem. Who knows!

12-21-14 04:49 PM
    I can understand the OP. On a limited budget the 9900 is a great phone and a productivity demon.

My 9900 was the first BlackBerry I felt a fondness for. I left it for a Q10 and really do like the apps, power, improved camera, etc... But I can understand people clinging to their 9900's. I'm glad the OP found something in his budget that meets his needs. I'm even gladder it's a BlackBerry.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    sacrdandprofne likes this.
    12-21-14 05:00 PM
    My 9900 was the first BlackBerry I felt a fondness for.
    Posted via CB10
    I can definitely agree with this.

12-23-14 09:06 PM