So I recently purchased my blackberry at Costco along with a plan, but they didn't have red so I settled for titanium. I called the T-mobile customer service to see if there was any way I could get a red and they told me to go to Costco, cancel my plan, then go to a T-mobile store where they carry the red one and start a plan there. Considering how much money I saved at Costco, I don't think that's gonna happen. Anyone have any ideas on how I can trade for a red phone?

I've tried blackberryforums.com and posted about wanting a trade but no replies yet, e-bay is too hassling because I'd have to sell mine first for the money then buy a red one..
    08-31-08 07:17 PM
    You could always paint it yourself! Or send it off to Colorware!
    08-31-08 07:19 PM
    They will probably sell the red housing soon then you can just change it out keep checking on cnn.cn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 07:21 PM
    Check out this post from BeckyMae. She paints them and does a really nice job for a reasonably small fee.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/pai...0-cases-63739/
    08-31-08 07:23 PM
    Did you ask how much they'd charge you at the store? Couldn't the phone CS make a deal so all you had to do was pick up a device at a store? Sometimes they'll make a deal to get you, so why not call a store and see what they'll do for you.

08-31-08 07:24 PM
    why not buy a red housing and change it yourself?
    08-31-08 08:01 PM
    Did you ask how much they'd charge you at the store? Couldn't the phone CS make a deal so all you had to do was pick up a device at a store? Sometimes they'll make a deal to get you, so why not call a store and see what they'll do for you.

The Tmobile store cannot do anything until she cancels with Costco it sucks!
    08-31-08 08:04 PM
    That does su*k!

08-31-08 08:16 PM
    hey i understand your frustration...

When i was getting my iPhone, i had opened a line of service with AT&T to check coverage...within a week, the iPhone came out and they ran out, so they promised a direct fullfillment order within 4 days. Nothing came in and when i check the online order....they cancelled it. So obviously i was fuming. I call an apple store the tuesday after the launch and one 2 hours away had an iPhone. Since the line of service was thru att i had to cancel that line and return the phone to that ATT and start a new line of service at the apple store!!

It stunk. And on top of it, i had the phone for 9 days, i used the phone for 5 text messages and not one phone call...and my bill was 112.95...

then i also had my iphone bill which was 198 the first month. I was not a happy camper....

so i definately understand your frustration!!!!!!!
    08-31-08 08:26 PM
    just order a unbranded housing from gsm4world.us and change it yourself. or spend the money to colorware it. i ordered the black housing for mine. i haven't recieved it yet but i have been looking at colorware and starting to look at that. i just won some chump change in the lotto so thinking of the colorware thinge now. might just sell my housing on craigslist. either way check out that site.
    08-31-08 11:24 PM
    Why don't you just sign up with the carrier that sells the red one? Verizon!
    09-01-08 12:03 AM
    Just change the housing. I had a silver curve, and went online to Cellular Accessories - Tools, Panasonic, Motorola, Acer, Apple, HTC, Accessories Store, Samsung, 3G, So and bought the red housing. Came in 2 days, with a screwdriver and I changed it in 10 min.
    09-01-08 03:54 AM
    Why don't you just sign up with the carrier that sells the red one? Verizon!
    AT&T sells the red (crimson) Curves, too.

09-01-08 02:28 PM
    Find someone online selling the red sprint casing or ebay has a bunch of OEM spec cases that work great. i have a black one for mine. It covers my original Silver 8830WE case. Atleast it looks black now :-p
    09-01-08 02:49 PM
    I've never even heard of housings till this thread! I've been looking at various websites and the average price for a housing is about $50, red ones are about $30ish. The idea of a housing is really neat, but kinda frivolous. I talked to BeckyMae and a purple one is $55 w/ shipping, my bday is on the 20th so we'll see! : ) Thanks guyss
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-01-08 at 04:01 PM.
    09-01-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD