Im furious with telus and am wanting to get outa my contract.
    the only way to do this is to find someone willing to take over because if id ont it will cost me $600.00

Wish me luck!
    06-18-08 08:33 PM
    Good luck?? And how would you find somone to take over... Wouldn't they get your phone number and bill?? Weird idea... How long have you been with them and why do you wanna switch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 08:35 PM
    why do you wanna switch?
    The reasons are legend. Perhaps you are four month into an "unlimited email" account, with unlimited data for the first three months.

Imagine the surprise when your $15 package explodes into a couple hundred dollars.

They have you by the B**Ls. Find a way to live with Telus or pay up.
    06-18-08 08:55 PM
    well, if that's the case, it'a cost you less to buy out than to pay monthly til your contracts up..GL bro
    06-18-08 08:57 PM
    Im furious with telus and am wanting to get outa my contract.
    the only way to do this is to find someone willing to take over because if id ont it will cost me $600.00

Wish me luck!
    you could actually tell them that your moving some place that they dont have service for military reasons. Out of the contract you go for FREE! Please research and give them exact location of anywhere they dont have service.
    06-18-08 09:00 PM
    I don't know if that's what happend to my solo phone contract? i had sworen id signd a contract..phoned up to cancle..and told them i was moving to ireland (this was the truth) they acutally said i didnt have a contract(though i swear i did) and i was off scott free.
    but iwth blackberries ..don't they have an option or a package that you can get that is world wide?

when i phoend today to ask how much it woudl be to cancle the contract..i also asked about switching over.
    it is possible if you find someone to take over your contract..they will switch up the phone numbers and billing info for you...hense getting you out of your contract.

usually you have to toss in a free phone to make people interested.
    that woudl mean giving up my pink blackberry.
    I would probably look for another one at rogers or another good company.

Why would i like to leave them? well they have been alot of hassle and miss information.
    the biggest being recently this weekend (as ive posted on here before)
    my precious bb fell out of its case, the phoen is absolutly fine except a small crack int eh zero/space bar. the guy at telus said they would not repair it the only option i had was to order a new one for 250. he said the old one was mine..and i woudl get to keep it.
    so i posted adds to sell it. found an intereste buyer who agreed to buy it at 250 (even with the crack)
    i went in to pick up the new phone that they were ordering in today..they informed me no..id have to give up the old phone that why i was getting such a good deal on the new one.
    i told them this is not what i was told when i orderd the new phone..they called up manager..he said i had to give it up..they called him back asking if i could get ar efund on the new phone because i was told that i would get to keep the old and was prepaired to sell it. he said no.

so now im out the money and am wanting to walk.

im so mad im nearly prepared to pay the 600 dollars. because if i calculate 100 a month x 3 years they would be looseing alot of my money.

but 600 dollars ontop of hte 250 i just spent on the new bb..thats pretty mcuh 2 weeks worht of pay.
    06-18-08 09:07 PM
    If he has telus, he lives in Canada. Canada was smart and didn't get into the war. So, the deployment story won't work. Also, he wouldn't want to open himself up to fraud.
    Last edited by zinadork; 06-18-08 at 09:11 PM.
    06-18-08 09:08 PM
    Now was this the dealer that was helping you that told you this or was it actually someone at Telus Mobility. If it was the dealer, then really it has nothing to do with Telus if you were misinformed.
    06-18-08 09:26 PM
    This was the person in the actuall telus store that told me this.
    06-18-08 09:40 PM
    Ouch!! Good luck, that is a lot of dough.
    06-18-08 10:02 PM
    well i already called after i left telus today
    I just sent them an email letting them know how upset i was...explaining the story and how mad i was. I dont like sending off emails when im angry i always feel like a witch but i donno what else to do.
    i cant just move to ireland again..lmao
    06-18-08 10:11 PM
    If the reasons for leaving them because of hidden charges or undisclosed fees in addition to what you were informed of as your monthly costs for service they would be in breech of contract most likely and you should not have to pay any early termination fees.
    06-19-08 01:53 AM
    If he has telus, he lives in Canada. Canada was smart and didn't get into the war. So, the deployment story won't work. Also, he wouldn't want to open himself up to fraud.
    Not to hijack your thread, but Canada has been in the War since day one.

The first actions taken after 9/11 involved special forces in Afghanistan. That was a joint US/Canada special forces operation.

Since then, Canada has maintained a continued armed presence in Afghanistan, and we are nearing 100 KIA.

Afghanistan: 2001–present

Forty JTF2 Operators were sent to Afghanistan in December 2001, two months after then Minister of Defence, Art Eggleton, announced that Canada would be sending troops to Afghanistan to aid the removal of the Taliban. The CF does not comment on what other SOF units JTF2 works with but it is likely that its American and British counterparts and possibly SOF units from other NATO countries.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-19-08 at 10:56 AM.
    06-19-08 10:49 AM
    RAWR haha

I phoned telus again this morning and explaned the situation.
    The man on the phone said two things of interest to me.
    1) that telus should not have charged me 250..it shoudla been 125.
    2) that the reason the price was 'so low' (the supposid 125) was because i was agreeing to exstend my contract.
    there had been no mention of that.. at all (and as you all know thats the last thing i wanna do right now) he suggested i go back into telus to talk to the manager..and inform him of the 125..the guy on the phone said if the manager argues that with me..to get him to call telus.

I went in again today, this time takeing a friend for support.
    I dont like doing this...im not a b*tc.. i dont like to complain..but they were screwing around with me

So i go in..the guy goes 'your back...and the manager is here..ill go get him'
    so the manger comes out..first thing this hot head says to me?

"you are not getting your money back"
    I explaned what telus informed me. he said that telus should have never told me that . that they were wrong.. it costs the store to bring hte blackberry in with shipping and handleing totaling 250. I said telus told me to tell him to call if he argued that . he did not.
    I forget everything was said. but he admited his sales rep was wrong..adn that he had already been talked to .
    I said i wouldnt have bought the second phone if i had been told i woulda had to give up the other one i bought. I asked him to return the new phone and give me back my old with a refund.
    he said my old phone was sent off this morning to telus. they didnt even have the phone anymore.
    then..he gets on his computer..types for like 10 minutes.
    he goes the best i can offer you is a refund of 80 dollars.
    I said thats not good enough. I want my old phone back and a refund of 250

he was mad and wanted me gone...he stood up walked over to the (it wasnt UPS but it was another carrier liek that) guy who was just about to walk off with some packages.
    takes one of the packages..rips it open pulls out my old cell phone..switches them up..and refunds my credit card 256.49.

so they HAD NOT sent it away it WAS in the store.

I sort of got what i wanted (best case woulda been outa my contract but i wasnt gonna ask this guy) but now ill have to find a new telus branch to deal with . because i cant go in there.

ps sorry for typos I typed fast
    06-19-08 09:15 PM
    So at the end of the day it was the Telus dealer the screwed up and not Telus corporate. Other than corporate stores, the dealers are all privately owned businesses and are not directly part of Telus. Wanting to get out of your contract really would be affecting the wrong party.
    06-19-08 09:27 PM
    It sounds like something that happened to me, but i was at an AT&T Kiosk, and not the actual store.

I got a phone, I had it for 2 days, didn't want it, and I brought it back. I was told that I had to pay a 15% restocking fee of $350+ so long story short, i would only of gotten back about $50. which pissed me off. I was so so Angry

so i ended up telling them to take back their 2 yr contract, and that i will replace the phone i got with the cheapest one possible. which they had for only $100, in which i got back close to $200 so i felt better. I just learned to stay away from the kiosk in the mall.
    06-19-08 09:33 PM
    yeah i guess it was the dealer and not the company.
    Still, after my contract is up..i will probably find myself at another company..perhaps Rogers.
    but that's 3 years down the line!

I bought the phone before my blackberry at a virgin mobile kiosk.
    i can't rave enough for virgin mobile. I only wish they had blackberries
    kiosk's are a little scarry because you don't know if the 'store' will still be there later.
    06-19-08 09:44 PM
    That whole situation is ridiculous, and I'm sorry it happened to you. Sounds like that dealer cares nothing for customer service. But at least its the dealer and not telus themselves. Its easier to find a new store than to break your contract!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD