What is this obsession that people have with reducing bezels anyways?

1) Lack of bezels will just make the phone weaker, and phone screens are already prone to cracking. So you would just end up putting a case on it anyways, which makes the bezelless design pointless.

2) You still need the front facing camera, notification light, and speaker on the front of the phone. So the bezel has to be there.

Please, let's just focus on battery life and creating batteries that do not deteriorate instead of pointless things such as this.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-20-14 11:46 AM
    It looks all the same to me a rectangle box with glass. What's the difference again?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:07 PM
    Camera on the bottom? Why would anyone do that

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:16 PM
    Camera on the bottom? Why would anyone do that

Posted via CB10
    Easier to take pics of you 'gear'? LOL
    Thunderbuck and harshadpatel like this.
    08-20-14 02:42 PM
    device looks slick and compact for a 5" display, i like it but don't think i'd ever get something like this.
    08-20-14 02:53 PM
    Easier to take pics of you 'gear'? LOL
    Thats actually cool. Definitely gonna buy one. Srs not srs

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:36 PM
    Wow... placing the camera at the bottom, below the 'back', 'home', 'menu' buttons (or worse the entire touch screen) is perhaps the dumbest possible design idea.

Any input on the phone with your fingers during a video call will block the camera.

Good luck taking "a selfie" without your fingers actuating the camera button on the screen partially partially blocking the camera.

Reaching for the device, most people tend to try to avoid the screen and instead grab the bezel... which in this case will result in even greater scratching and accumulation of gunk on the camera.

Obviously these desperate OEMs are running out of ways to differentiate out there in the Android camp.

That being said, it pains me to admit they'll still probably sell more of this junk than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:45 PM
    he spelled "awesome" as "osum", are we really surprised he's enamored with this phone?
    08-21-14 07:45 PM
    I think it is an interesting phone. For the no-contract price of $240 through sprint and around $150 on boost/virgin, I can see it being somewhat popular for the price point.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b likes this.
    08-21-14 07:54 PM
    Android clone imo.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-21-14 09:36 PM
    Android clone imo.

I'm not sure what you mean? It is an android phone made by SHARP, not a clone.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:41 PM
    The front camera is on the bottom, which means it will take great shots of whatever is up your nose during your video call. It is running Android, which is means anything you type into the phone is sent to Google to optimize their ads for you. No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-21-14 10:15 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean? It is an android phone made by SHARP, not a clone.

Posted via CB10
    The phone looks much like any other mid to high range android. It doesn't really stand out.

08-21-14 10:47 PM
    I can imagine how easily that screen will crack once you drop it. Anyway I think Im pretty pleased with how smooth the z30 goes over the edge.... damn this phone feels so perfect to me.
    08-22-14 01:27 AM
    Phone is freaking beautiful and I am saving my pennies so I can get one off amazon. I wish blackberry would make a phone like this.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-22-14 02:36 AM
    Wow. Great way of drawing conclusion of my choices by the way I spell some words

he spelled "awesome" as "osum", are we really surprised he's enamored with this phone?
    08-22-14 04:37 AM
    Wow. Great way of drawing conclusion of my choices by the way I spell some words
    Furgeh bout it! Spellin iz da past.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 07:08 AM
    I cint spiel sow gud neether.

08-22-14 03:33 PM
43 12