I have a fairly new 9650 and loved it. I kept getting a notice to down load new software or what ever. I let the phone download and it changed everyway that the phone operates. I don't like it at all.

How do I get the phone back to where it was?

Do I have to download new software everytime there is a new update?

Thanks for any help.
    05-30-11 07:20 PM
    OK everyone, after reading some on this forum, I must have downloaded OS6 from my old OS5 version.

How do I revert back to OS5?
    05-30-11 07:38 PM
    05-30-11 08:18 PM
    with desktop manager you go on device ,on update,it will say you are up to date but there a place on it ,iut will say other version chose the one you want and it's done
    05-30-11 08:49 PM
    Os6 is better. I would give it more time.

I didn't like it at first, but once messing with it for a few days, I found it so more inituive.

To each their own though, good luck!
    05-31-11 01:11 AM
    How do I revert back to OS5?
    MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR PHONE FIRST WITH DM. It will save your contacts and apps. (AS A BACKUP)

You need to delete the OS6 version from your PC by using control panel and going to add/remove programs and deleting it.

You need to download the OS you want to put back on your phone.
    Install the OS5 version you just downloaded. Then plug in your phone with the usb cable and go to apploader.exe found in c://programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader/loader.exe and double click it.

It will wipe your phone, install the OS5 version you want, put your contacts and apps back.

Hope this helps
    05-31-11 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD