Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By scalemaster34
  • 1 Post By Masahiro
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I want A15 in future BB

Cortex A15 is definately the future of tablets, smartphones and even laptop computers. Going with A9 in 2012 would be an error.
    TI has the best ecosystem on the road for this year with quad-core on the road for 2013.

http://androidandme.com/2012/02/news...-core-devices/

I would even predict Intel to loose markets on small computers / laptops due to A15 CPU and SGX543MP2 GPU being equivalent to Core2 Duo / Intel embedded GPU and Windows8 availablity for ARM targets as well as Android.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,571 Global Posts

BB10 devices are delayed till second half of 2012 waiting for neg gen dual core processors that won't be ready till that time. Nex Gen processors coming out at that time are either Qualcomm S4 or TI Omap 5. Omap5 is dual core A15 and Dual Core M4. S4 is a Qualcomm custom design that is supposedly comparable in performance to A15 and can process all of the instructions sets the A15 can do. Both S4 and OMAP5 are 28nm designs. I'm hoping for the OMAP5 because I think it would be the most advanced design and the M4 cores could probably give fantastic battery life when the A15's aren't need, but will require separate chip for the Cell Wireless functionality. S4 will be a complete SoC with LTE built into the chip. Either way RIM plans to use cutting edge processors in the BB10 phones.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

I too hope RIM goes with OMAP5. But either one they go with, is good with me.

Plus for the TI chip. They'd need a seperate chip for the baseband side of things. But that's not that big of an issue since they can get the chip from Qualcomm.

Btw, does anyone know how the performance on the GPU that's going to be with OMAP 5 is?

Also when are OMAP5 devices first slated to arrive? I was hearing 2013 but since they started sampling it this month, shouldn't it be ready by end of Q3 or in Q4?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Commercial availability of OMAP5 : 3Q 2012
    GPU chip : SGX544MP2 running higher frequency than usual (400MHz min). This is 25 GFlops of raw power. This is the best performing embedded GPU available. The same as the one in Ipad2, but running higher frequencies and supporting DirectX9 (not usefull for BB). This one is at least twice as fast as MALI-400 or Tegra3 GPU.
    Last edited by xnwrx; 02-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Global Posts
    6,233 Global Posts

Don't believe there will be too much room for complaint with the BB10 Hardware... not sure about the price, the word "premium" is a little scary.
    CDM76 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

but yet the S4 has been a proven preformer but one thing that peopel can't seem to get in their god damn head is the OMAP5 WON'T BE OUT IN TIME FOR THE LAUNCH OF BB10

peace buddy enjoy your iPhone
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts

Enjoy your iPhone....Hope you don't need Maps!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

and apps and a front facing camera? Android does that to and it uses an S4 chipset
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucky-lad View Post
    I don't need maps, just a stable OS that doesnt crash.
    What does the OS have to do with the CPU?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twstd.reality View Post
    What does the OS have to do with the CPU?
    of 700 000 apps that you'll never use

this guy is here just to start crap, if you look at his post history its been nothing but BB slamming, he's likely already got an iphone he just wants to be a tool

It's about how all of the parts work together. Seems silly to fixate on one part as the make or break, especially silly to dismiss it based on that without even trying it to see how it performs.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

If he want a good OS that doesn't crash, then the only option is BB10.
    And anyway, MSM8960T is A15 equivalent. Yes it's not an OMAP5, but at least it's A15 like.

Salesman: Would you like to try this phone?
    Customer: No, I just need to know what processor it runs...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    Salesman: Would you like to try this phone?
    Customer: No, I just need to know what processor it runs...
    Hmmm spoken like a true technogeek. I need the biggest, fastest, whatchamadoie....oh, its obsolete now??? WHAH

In real terms, nothing is obsolete until it won"t do what you want it to do any more.
    Q 10 and Z30 for the win!
    now on leak 10.3.0.1418 via Sachesi
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi retired
    Galaxy tab4 5.0 given to me free
    CrackBerry Genius

Why are you guys arguing in a thread from over half a year ago?
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lucky-lad View Post
    Will never touch an Android ever again..played with my sisters SIII but it crashes every 5 secs can't even run Skype it crashes always have to clear memory...iOS doesnt do that atleast and it does have a front facing camera and apps a whopping 700,000 +, thats more than Android...
    My recently sold iPhone 5 actually couldn't stream video through the ffc on Skype for whatever reason. Face time seemed to be the only thing that the ffc worked for. Also the device would not sync to any terminal through USB. Mind you it was a device that was already returned back to the store by its original owner, still, let's not assume its all peaches and cremes with devices that have a fruit logo. All my previous idevices definitely suffered from their share of many application crashes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2