so i got a blackberry storm when it first came out and it was alright then i got a palm pre then the pixi now i have an iphone 4. and im due for an upgrade in dec. out of all the phones i had the blackberry was my favorite and want another only problem is i use exchange and getting BES is kinda usless for me...is there a way to connect a blackberry to exchange without it??
    07-18-11 02:42 PM
    yeah i have verizon with unlimited data. so i can use exchange without the enterprise server thing?
    07-18-11 02:47 PM
    You might want to look into into using BESx. I dont know much about it or use it so couldn't tell you much.

Here's a link to the website though.
    BlackBerry - Enterprise Server Express - Free Download
    07-18-11 03:41 PM
    As long as you have OWA, you shouldn't have ANY problems configuring the Exchange emails to your BB.

OWA - Outlook Web Access.

Implying - you are able to access your company email online, even when you are not in the office.

If you do have OWA, then you can configure the exchange email on your BB. Only thing is, you might have to put up some settings manually. IF the BB doesn't get the settings on it's own, you will have to provide the settings - Server address etc. Something like - mail.yourcompany.com or whatever.

The IT guy in your office will be able to provide you with the settings (in case you don't have them).
    07-18-11 11:39 PM
    I ride the train to Boston with someone who had a BB and went iPhone 4 (with AT&T). She likes the iPhone, but says she really misses her "blinky light". She might come back, but is not sure....
    07-19-11 08:42 AM
    I ride the train to Boston with someone who had a BB and went iPhone 4 (with AT&T). She likes the iPhone, but says she really misses her "blinky light". She might come back, but is not sure....
    Does BlackBerry have a patent on the blinking light? Nobody else does it and I don't understand why... it's simple... it's helpful.
    07-19-11 09:08 AM
    Does BlackBerry have a patent on the blinking light?
    I hope they do.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    07-19-11 09:42 AM
    sounds really poetic... I to love my "blinky light." It's also great to be able to have different lights for different uses... when my fiance sends me a message, my phone gives me "rainbow sugar" (I've only set this for her)... so lovely sparkle, like a colorful dance.
    When I told her about it she was very impressed and was looking forward to e-mailing me.
    Last edited by klondikeee; 07-19-11 at 12:46 PM.
    07-19-11 11:49 AM
    There is at least one Android phone which has the "blinky light." I also believe that the next major iPhone update will have a "blinky light."
    I've never seen a dumb phone without an led light, even my first one in around 1996 had one, it also had the ability to change the battery for 3 AA batteries if you were stuck, I wish they could bring that back somehow, maybe AAA instead.

Having a led light is one thing, having one that can be seen from across the room is another, that's what's great about the blackberry one, can be annoying at times though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 02:47 AM
    Does BlackBerry have a patent on the blinking light? Nobody else does it and I don't understand why... it's simple... it's helpful.
    not true, i think all htc models have LED notifications, the nexus one even has the same trackball as blackberry's and can customize color notifications. other brands have LED notifications as well
    07-20-11 07:24 PM
    Yes, RIMs BIS allows you to connect to your Exchange (Outlook) service if your company has OWA set up (Outlook Web Access). Your IT Support should be able to tell you if you have OWA available.
    07-20-11 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD