When I connect my 8130 to my computer and try to install your software and follow all of these steps;

How to install ZIP files

1. Download the ZIP file and save it on your desktop
    2. Extract the archive to a folder on your desktop using WinZip, Stuffit, or other unpacking software
    3. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC as directed by your BlackBerry's synchronisation software. Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager and click on the Application Loader icon. Follow the instructions on the screen until you are able to click on the Add button. Please browse to the location on your desktop where you unzipped the contents ZIP file. Select the .ALX file and follow the on screen instructions

I get this error message

No additional application designed for your device were found.

Did I get the wrong software? What am i doing wrong?
    03-16-08 01:30 AM
    Go to the Telus web site and download the OS for your BB. Install it on your computer.
    03-16-08 01:36 AM
    On my computer and then what?
    03-16-08 02:08 AM
    Launch the app loader and load the ALX. After you install the OS on your computer, you won't get that error any more.
    03-16-08 02:42 AM
    ok, thanks...I will try it and let you know.
    03-16-08 02:48 AM
    I downloaded it, unzipped it, but when it was trying to be installed....it crashed!

So this is different than desktop manager? Why would doesn't BB prompt you to download the OS when you insert their cd rom?
    03-16-08 05:40 AM
    What exactly are you trying to install?
    03-16-08 06:41 AM
    Not everybody uses Desktop Manager to install apps.

At what point does Desktop Manager crash? What happens?
    03-16-08 01:17 PM
    Thanks for all the help.

Ok, I have everything working now. I downloaded flashlight software, expenses software, mileage software and it's all good. Except for the bible software. I tried downloading that, but I am getting the same error message as before?

Also, when I unzip the software it only comes as 3drvb10.prc file. There is an install file too, but that's only for computer software I think.
    03-17-08 03:16 AM
    I have one more problem here. The bible software still isn't working. Any suggestions?
    03-18-08 09:25 PM
    so there are no .cod or .alx files?

2ndly, did you get the one for your specific device?

just trying to figure it out here
    03-18-08 09:41 PM
    No, there aren't. Just the .prc file and the .exe file. I run the .exe file and it downloads software on my computer. The software doesn't come with instructions or anything. The software is mobipocket creator.

Anyway, I have emailed them, so I am waiting.
    03-19-08 02:50 AM
    PRC is an extension originally used by Palm devices for encoded eBooks.

Have you successfully loaded Mobipocket reader to a PC computer? It sounds like the install went to completion and there should be a shortcut on your PC desktop. That is the first step. If not, type mobipocket into the Start / Search box.

Once you have the PC version running, it will install on your device automatically.

A work of caution, do not use the "Send to" button, it will send your file to device memory. Instead, use the down arrow button and select the Removable Storage drive.
    Last edited by Stoner; 03-19-08 at 01:52 PM.
    03-19-08 01:49 PM
    Mobipocket is installed on my computer and works. I don't know how it works, but it opens with no problem. However, when I try to install it on my bb, I get this error message,

"Error in application information file "C:\Program Files\Mobipocket.com\Mobipocket Creator\Creator.exe":

There is an XML syntax error on line 1.
    03-20-08 01:54 AM
    I don't believe you are actually supposed to load the exe file from the application loader if thats what you are trying to do. EXE files are supposed to be executed on a PC.
    03-20-08 02:08 AM
    Ok, so then what? How do I get this program to work?
    03-20-08 02:10 AM
    ok, so what am I supposed to do?
    03-20-08 02:28 AM
    Ok, I just downloaded another software.

I will just get my money back.

Thanks for all of your help!

Cheers!
    03-20-08 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";