With BB10, press and hold and simply continue to hold and your copied area grows and grows. FAR more convenient.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Love getting great tips like these. THANK YOU!

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-23-14 11:46 AM
    #1: press and hold to select what you want to copy, and press the copy button. Then press and hold to paste. It's really pretty easy.

#2 & #3: Install SwiftKey, and these problems will go away. SwiftKey is what powers the BB keyboard, in case you didn't know - BB's only contribution to the BB keyboard was the flick gesture; all of the prediction is SwiftKey.
    Wrong on all points lol

The shape look and feel of the kb is BlackBerry.

The prediction is also BlackBerry, I know this because you can test BlackBerry and android together will suggest and work differently.

The real point is swift keys only contributions is coding it to BlackBerry specs.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    06-23-14 04:38 PM
    Wrong on all points lol

The shape look and feel of the kb is BlackBerry.

The prediction is also BlackBerry, I know this because you can test BlackBerry and android together will suggest and work differently.

The real point is swift keys only contributions is coding it to BlackBerry specs.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    He's actually very on point. All BB did was ad the word flick. Everything else is SwiftKey. When BB10 first released with the keyboard, several sources dug in and looked at it. The most damning evidence being that the BB10 keyboard had the same Easter Eggs embedded in it that SwiftKey does.

It's SwiftKey with a modified UI. Unfortunately, the modified UI also inadvertently removed the ability to remove individual words from the adaptive/learned dictionary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    JeepBB and anon(257429) like this.
    06-23-14 04:51 PM
    Long press the Home button and the App Switcher pops up. Tap the app you wish to switch to.
    Have you tried Z Launcher yet? It's beta but a very interesting concept, especially how it prioritizes your apps.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-23-14 07:52 PM
    Have you tried Z Launcher yet? It's beta but a very interesting concept, especially how it prioritizes your apps.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I am using now on my manager phone. If I didn't love sense 6 so much it'd be my main on my M8...but it's definitely loaded.

Posted from who cares, because I have better things to do than care about what phone's in my hand or yours. It's a phone. Not important.
    06-23-14 09:31 PM
    Long press the Home button and the App Switcher pops up. Tap the app you wish to switch to.
    And if there's lag and you happen to press twice, S Voice launches.
    06-23-14 09:38 PM
    I've been saying since time of super bowl ad last year that BlackBerry needs to advertise one of their own executives using the power of BlackBerry 10!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    06-23-14 09:48 PM
    It might be swiftkey but swiftkey on android is garbage on bb10 its fabulous so they must have gotten input from someone along the way.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-23-14 11:41 PM
    Agree, but after the latest earnings report and given Chen's apparent ability to deliver I'm feeling more positive each day.

Z10
    At least Chen keeps his word which is refreshing.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    06-24-14 05:28 AM
    And if there's lag and you happen to press twice, S Voice launches.
    You can disable S Voice, which actually makes the multitasking window come up a split second faster because it's not waiting to register the second tap.
    06-24-14 06:57 AM
    It might be swiftkey but swiftkey on android is garbage on bb10 its fabulous so they must have gotten input from someone along the way.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    There are things I like about both that I wish I could incorporate for a killer keyboard. On BB10 I like how if something autocorrects I can space back and it'll change back to what I originally typed. I like the flick to type concept, even though I rarely used it. On SwiftKey I like how the symbols are on the keys and I just long press to get them. I don't have to rummage around the symbol tray unless I'm trying to get a more complex symbol. I also like the way I can theme SwiftKey to not only change the color scheme, but also the shape of the keys. I like flow (swype) on SwiftKey, but I don't like that I have to disable it in order to get the swipe to the left to delete words back, even though I understand how the two can interfere with each other.
    06-24-14 07:04 AM
    I'll have to give it a look. =) I predominately use Nova Launcher and haven't tried anything new that's been coming out recently.
    06-24-14 08:07 AM
    Where do you wor. . . . oh nevermind.

Yup, lots of iPhone 4S' and SG4's running around my office, unfortunately. Interesting enough, some of the (older) heavy hitters have recently (6 months?) gone from 9900's to Z10's and seem to be fairing quite well lol
    06-24-14 09:51 AM
    Agree. I know my Z10 keyboard is based on SwiftKey but the BB implimentation is much nicer by a long shot.
    07-28-14 08:34 AM
39 12