Hi Guys, is there any stock experts out there? Do you think RIM stock has reached bottom? I have been watching everyday and seems like it does not go down much but more up lately. I'm thinking about accumulating more RIM share before BB10 comes out. My goal is to accumulate up to 6000 shares before year end. So far, I have accumulated 4000 shares average price per share around 12.50. What do you think?
    09-14-12 10:42 AM
    Good time to buy.
    09-14-12 10:46 AM
    Around September 27th is when it will likely bottom out.
    09-14-12 10:48 AM
    Perhaps you should wait after the quarterly earnings result at the end of the month. I have a gut feeling it is not going to be pretty. Who knows, it could drop to $6. I am most curious about their cash situation.
    09-14-12 10:51 AM
    It seem like a bottom with limited downside and the masses are very negative on RIM which is a positive . Wow 4000 shares... you have me beat by a few hundred. I wanted to buy more as well but at this point in time for me it's better to buy on a break out to the upside as averaging down really isn't the best way to go. I've already averaged down and want to see how it plays out before buying more. I'm looking for at least 5000 shares total.
    09-14-12 10:56 AM
    It would reach bottom after the Earning Call of Q32012 or after Earnings Call of Q4 at least... Before that it's just not there, RIM will definitely post bad results the next two quarters (at least). Right now is a speculative buy, Maybe in December it would look a bit different.
    The past days Rally has more to do with FED's recent action, and the wave of a global rally in the stock markets, rather than RIM's expectations changing for better.
    09-14-12 11:13 AM
    Averaged down - translates into I Bought Too High.

Wait for the next quarterly results (27 September). Buy more then.
    09-14-12 12:05 PM
    It would reach bottom after the Earning Call of Q32012 or after Earnings Call of Q4 at least... Before that it's just not there, RIM will definitely post bad results the next two quarters (at least). Right now is a speculative buy, Maybe in December it would look a bit different.
    The past days Rally has more to do with FED's recent action, and the wave of a global rally in the stock markets, rather than RIM's expectations changing for better.
    I probably would not wait for Q4 results. Once the BB 10 phones are released, we should have a good idea on their success. I think that will push stock price up way before the earnings. Of course stock price could go down... But we all know there is no chance of that!
    09-14-12 12:31 PM
    If they can show that they stabalized FCF or even reversed it's trajectory, this is a $35+ stock. We probably will not know this till the first earnings release post BB10. Unless of course, there is an Apple like frenzy to buy the BB10 in the USA.

The sooner the USA and all the analysts pull their heads out of their asses and realize that the USA is a small piece of the puzzle, things will improve for the stock.

My article if you want a long winded view:
    Time to Buy Research In Motion?

But anyway, show reversing revenues and reversing FCF (meaning more positive) and this stock is a ready to sky rocket.

read my article. It talks about options. I havea bullish position in RIMM. Only a slice of stock though. I have a lottery ticket purchased that could lead to early retirement if RIMM hits an all time high by end of 2013. But even if it hits $50, I'm going to be sitting very pretty.
    09-14-12 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD