Just wanted people see some videos on the games the adreno 225 is pushing at 720p. I see a lot of people complaining about the adreno 225 and I want to know why....

If the device is only pushing 720p the adreno 225 is more than enough power....

I just wanted to share some videos on some devices that use the adreno GPU 225 and these are heavy games I will show....I suggest paying more attention to the qualcomm MWC youtube video

I know people will say why is blackberry using 3 year old technology on the classic and so on but I just wanted to show these videos

Remember most of these are android devices using these specs.....

What do you guys think?

12-24-14 10:18 AM
    Personally I am a big fan of the Adreno 224. Solid GPU.
    12-24-14 10:39 AM
    Personally I am a big fan of the Adreno 224. Solid GPU.
    Nice . To be honest I personally can't wait to see the power of the 430 Adreno with the 810 Snapdragon.....but we will have to see a developer really make a game that will harness all the power to be honest.....I owned the Sony xperia V with adreno 225 for a month until my BB was being fixed....any game I threw at it it worked perfectly.
    Last edited by Anthony Roberts5; 12-24-14 at 11:00 AM.
    12-24-14 10:43 AM
    Pretty good for a GPU that was released three years ago.... They went through the 300 series, and are now into the 400 series. You really need to compare the 225 specs to the 420 specs in many of the high end devices today, or to the 430 that is the next gen. While the Classic isn't a flagship device, would have been nice if they had used an S4 Pro series processor and GPU... the 320 might have been a much better choice.

It's sad that many of the reviews are indicating that the Classic is a little sluggish at times. Have to wonder if a hardware boost might have helped the software not to struggle noticeable at times.

If the 225 makes you happy and you love the Classic... then be happy! You are starting to come off as someone who is trying to convince themselves they aren't wrong.
    12-24-14 10:57 AM
    Pretty good for a GPU that was released three years ago.... They went through the 300 series, and are now into the 400 series. You really need to compare the 225 specs to the 420 specs in many of the high end devices today, or to the 430 that is the next gen. While the Classic isn't a flagship device, would have been nice if they had used an S4 Pro series processor and GPU... the 320 might have been a much better choice.

It's sad that many of the reviews are indicating that the Classic is a little sluggish at times. Have to wonder if a hardware boost might have helped the software not to struggle noticeable at times.

If the 225 makes you happy and you love the Classic... then be happy! You are starting to come off as someone who is trying to convince themselves they aren't wrong.
    Sorry I mean 430 Adreno my bad....and I don't own a classic I own a Z30. However I don't understand how they are saying its a bit sluggish sometimes, I know people who own the Q5 and Q10 and don't complain about it being laggy and I talk to them all the time and I even have a spare q5 and its 1.2 dual core processor and I don't experience lag.
    Last edited by Anthony Roberts5; 12-24-14 at 11:22 AM.
    12-24-14 11:03 AM
    Sorry I mean 430 Adreno my bad....and I don't own a classic I own a Z30. However I don't understand how they are saying its a bit sluggish sometimes I know people who own the Q5 and Q10 and don't complain about it being laggy and I talk to them all the time and I even have a spare q5 and its 1.2 dual core processor and I don't experience lag.
    How do you "sometimes know people"?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:19 AM
    I think Anthony Roberts5 starts too many threads that basically cover the same thing: he's trying to defend the outdated BB hardware and telling us how fast it would be. Doesn't he realize how ridiculous this is?
    12-24-14 11:22 AM
    I think Anthony Roberts5 starts too many threads that basically cover the same thing: he's trying to defend the outdated BB hardware and telling us how fast it would be. Doesn't he realize how ridiculous this is?
    Yeah and he should stop making threads here on Crackberry, and make them somewhere else. He needs to convince non-blackberry fans to use it

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:23 AM
    How do you "sometimes know people"?

Posted via CB10
    Huh?? I said "However I don't understand how they are saying it's a bit sluggish sometimes" meaning the classic and was comparing it to the q5 and q10 since they use the same GPU
    12-24-14 11:23 AM
    Huh?? I said "However I don't understand how they are saying it's a bit sluggish sometimes" meaning the classic and was comparing it to the q5 and q10 since they use the same GPU
    This was your post
    I think people underestimate the power of the Adreno 225 GPU-img_20141224_122452_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:25 AM
    Yeah and he should stop making threads here on Crackberry, and make them somewhere else. He needs to convince non-blackberry fans to use it

Posted via CB10
    You do know there are people who own other devices who come to crackberry right........I just never understood since when BB users have been so spec hungry when its about the overall experience of the phone......if BB made a phone with this processor but was between 200 and 300 bucks I don't see a problem....now if the price was 600 for a phone with this adreno 225 that is a completely different story......I think I will stop making threads personally and make a video of the Z10 and Classic (If I can get one) and show real world performance on youtube to be honest....both with android apps and bb games. Thanks for the suggestion
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    12-24-14 11:30 AM
    This was your post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141224_122452_edit.png 
Views:	1800 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	322846

Posted via CB10
    "Sorry I mean 430 Adreno my bad....and I don't own a classic I own a Z30. However I don't understand how they are saying its a bit sluggish sometimes, I know people who own the Q5 and Q10 and don't complain about it being laggy and I talk to them all the time and I even have a spare q5 and its 1.2 dual core processor and I don't experience lag."

Sorry forgot to put a comma between "sometimes" and "I"
    12-24-14 11:31 AM
    "Sorry I mean 430 Adreno my bad....and I don't own a classic I own a Z30. However I don't understand how they are saying its a bit sluggish sometimes, I know people who own the Q5 and Q10 and don't complain about it being laggy and I talk to them all the time and I even have a spare q5 and its 1.2 dual core processor and I don't experience lag."

Sorry forgot to put a comma between "sometimes" and "I"
    Understood. But most q5 and q10 owners are running 10.2.1 which ran very smoothly. 10.3 and 10.3.1 for whatever reason haven't been optimized enough. Yes, the classic was released with 10.3.1. But I don't think 10.3.1 is ready yet for the masses which is probably another reason why they're waiting until Feb 2015 to release it for all devices

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:45 AM
    Do you work for Blackberry?? I've never seen so many justification threads in my life.
    Rello, jevinzac, eldricho and 5 others like this.
    12-24-14 11:51 AM
    Understood. But most q5 and q10 owners are running 10.2.1 which ran very smoothly. 10.3 and 10.3.1 for whatever reason haven't been optimized enough. Yes, the classic was released with 10.3.1. But I don't think 10.3.1 is ready yet for the masses which is probably another reason why they're waiting until Feb 2015 to release it for all devices

Posted via CB10
    Exactly so what does that tell you.....its a software problem....not hardware.....No doubt 10.3.1 need more optimization....
    Peterrrrr1 likes this.
    12-24-14 11:52 AM
    Do you work for Blackberry?? I've never seen so many justification threads in my life.
    It's not justification and nope I don't work for them...I wish i did though . I just can't stand when people say that the adreno 225 cant push android games and apps properly when I have personally played a huge android game dead trigger 2 with both the Q5 and Z10 back on 10.2.1 with zero problems.....I personally can't wait for MWC......Better phones with high processing power snapdragon 800 processors I welcomes it big time....just defending that the adreno 225 GPU is more than capable of pushing these BB devices they have released so far..the devices are just 720x720 resolution and of course the Z10 768 x 1280 .......moving forward though i believe that 90 percent of the devices in 2015 will have quad core specs....we just have to wait and see at MWC 2015.....

The only time the GPU and CPU is a major problem is if the resolution of the phone is a bit too much for the GPU and CPU can handle...if these devices were pushing 1080p ...then for sure would be dumb to use the adreno 225 GPU
    Last edited by Anthony Roberts5; 12-24-14 at 12:17 PM.
    12-24-14 11:56 AM
    My Z10 would cook itself running Waze out the HDMI to my Pioneer AppRadio and the 1A charger couldn't keep up with the power being used. Screen off on the phone. My Z30 handles same app in same method with little to no heat, and stays 100% powered with the same charger. So no, IMHO the MSM9860 and Adreno 225 are under powered for simple apps like Waze, much less BlackBerry 10. The Z30 processor/GPU combo should be the minimum hardware for any BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 01:55 PM
    The z30 is certainly sluggish at times, especially trying to run android apps. Might be better with 10.3. That said, bb10 Flys on the snapdragon 800. It should have been in the classic Imo.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 02:05 PM
    As far as I can see the specs are okay to run bb10 smoothly just need some more optimization IMHO.

Blackbird Q10 latest OS
    12-24-14 04:22 PM
    I actually think you're the one acting ridiculous here, Anthony Roberts actually has a point here, at least in respect to the GPU. The Adreno 225 actually is a pretty potent GPU especially when compared to the Snapdragon 400/410 range which are modern mid-range SoC's. Even more so when taking into consideration the relatively small amount of pixels (of the Classic's display) that the Adreno 225 needs to control.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 05:14 PM
    Young padawan, do you realize that nobody here asked for Snapdragon 400/410? Do you realize that SD400 is built in devices which are mostly about $100-300? You know how much BB is charging for Classic? Just because you found a gpu out there that is built in newer socs of which you think that it delivers a comparable performance doesn't mean that the S4 Plus was a good choice or users would underestimate its power. But hey, If you want to live in your own world and believe in its performance: keep on dreaming...
    12-25-14 02:36 AM
    I understand maybe defending the outdated GPU in a couple posts; but, an entire thread about this?

Threads like this only add ammunition to iOS/Android users' arguments that Blackberry users willfully embrace obsolete technology.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-25-14 03:11 AM
    Lol another thread? When are you going to create another?

Posted via Q10
    12-25-14 05:18 AM
    BB users don't play games so I'm not even sure why this thread exists
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-25-14 07:20 AM
    BB users don't play games so I'm not even sure why this thread exists
    Now people do :P. Even I do, but OP doesn't make sense anyway. He's lost his head!

Posted via Q10
    12-25-14 07:44 AM
53 123