i think my pearl is nuked, it randomly turns itself off, the torch comes on for a few seconds and then the red light starts flashing. eventually it will turn itself on, but it is so annoying and its happening more often, and i believe my phone is nuked. ive looked at other threads such as '' how to fix a nuked blackberry '', but im a newbie and i really dont understand what to do.
    i get to the screen of 'Device application selection - chose applications to be added or removed to your device' , but i dont know applications to de-select or which to keep. im a complete newbie so i really am confused, and its driving me crazy keep having to restart my phone! maybe if i wiped the system this would be fixed, but then would i lose all my contacts and black berry contacts? ahhhhh
    05-13-08 04:39 PM
    Make sure you do a backup before you wipe and that way you won't lose your contacts.
    05-13-08 04:41 PM
    follow this page step by step. READ IT
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...1-109-a-18394/

This will uninstall your corrupted os and reinstall a new one.
    05-13-08 04:44 PM
    If you've nuked your Pearl, I suggest using the JL_CMDR to wipe it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post122727
    05-13-08 05:00 PM
    i think my pearl is nuked, it randomly turns itself off, the torch comes on for a few seconds and then the red light starts flashing. eventually it will turn itself on, but it is so annoying and its happening more often, and i believe my phone is nuked.
    It may not be too bad.

Is you battery taking a full charge? When the battery power is low, it will shut itself down.

If it works correctly for a while, that would be a prime suspect. You can monitor your battery power with Options / Status. Battery should charge to 100% and discharge during the day.

ive looked at other threads such as '' how to fix a nuked blackberry '', but im a newbie and i really dont understand what to do.
    i get to the screen of 'Device application selection - chose applications to be added or removed to your device' , but i dont know applications to de-select or which to keep.
    You not dead, just ill.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

I have discussed the options available from Applications Loader in this thread. Hopefully, you can decide for yourself what to keep and what you can purge from the device.

im a complete newbie so i really am confused, and its driving me crazy keep having to restart my phone! maybe if i wiped the system this would be fixed, but then would i lose all my contacts and black berry contacts? ahhhhh
    The first thing you do is create a Backup. This will record all your settings and personal data.

I would not expect much benifit from a device wipe, all the personal stuff is cleared, but the system is untouched.
    05-13-08 05:52 PM
    thanks!! trying it now
    05-13-08 05:53 PM
    i uninstalled my corrupted os and installed the new one...but it still randomly turns itself off and on! any suggestions? maybe time for a new phone
    05-14-08 01:34 PM
    As long as you are confidant it is not a battery problem, a hardware fault is the end of the line.
    05-14-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD