09-04-08 11:40 AM
27 12
tools
    Lately I've been tempted to try out WM 6.1 given it's ability to be customized beyond comprehension.I'm not worried about the resets since i end up doing two battery pulls a day on my berry anyway and it'll be on an exchange server so push is a non issue.. anyway to breath more life into my berry?
    09-02-08 07:14 PM
    Have you tried dowoading new apps, games, themes, etc? Whenever I get bored I just put a new game or whatever on my Berry and we're back to good. There's quite a few good threads here on favourite apps, that's where I get my links from.
    09-02-08 07:18 PM
    i'd do games, but with no games and after running memry optimization i hover at just over 30mb of free and it seems to plummet as soon as i install anything. i'd have more fluff on it if i could install apps on the memory card like i could with my old treo from the 650 days, or like you can on WM

i'm not so much a fan f themes because i like a simple interface on my home screen i only use bottom zen from t-mobile
    I really like HTCs home screen look
    09-02-08 07:22 PM
    *sigh* The classic, daily post announcing "Berry Boredom"

Seriously, is it to stir up controversy, cause drama, whine?? What? If you are bored, then try something new... new device, new apps, new OS, new something... but what is the need to announce it? I never understand. Are we supposed to convince you that you are bored, or that you aren't bored, or that BBs are awesome?!

Are the fanboys supposed to come out in herds and shout "NOOOOO, don't be bored!!!! Berrrrrriesss are AAAAWESOME!"

Just did not see the point of this "accouncement"
    09-02-08 07:24 PM
    i was by no mean "announcing my boredom"

I've got the latest OS
    I've got fully optimized momory
    I fully use my media functions (my berry fully replaced my ipod)
    I have my device fine tuned

and now I'm looking for something new. I've been on BB since before they had phone apps and they were strictly "email pagers" ala 850 days. just feeling like there is a time fr a little change
    09-02-08 07:27 PM
    Wait for the bold see if that sparks your exictment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 07:28 PM
    I was just kidding around man...

Maybe part of the reason you are bored is because all of the memory optimization. I went through a stage where I went wild over memory optimization... but then I realized I was sacrificing functionality and enjoyment just for the sole purpose to have a "nice" File Free #

Try out some new apps... experiment... there are a ton of different things to do!!
    09-02-08 07:30 PM
    I feel it is also worth noting that those who are "bored" with the BB along with the haters always seem to have less than 20-30 posts to their name. I'm not hating on the newbies who have only a few posts to their name but I just wonder if you are really trying to get all there is out of the device. I'm usually left wondering if they really even have a berry or if they are planted here by Palm.
    09-02-08 07:32 PM
    I've used WM 6.1, BB and Treo and trust me.. WM is by far the worst of the three. It is buggy and the task manager is a pain. The best thing is though there are 1000s of free apps that you can get for WM so it lets you play around longer...
    09-02-08 08:17 PM
    I'm back on my Dash cause I am having problems with my BB. I sooooooo, can't wait to get back to my BB. WM is crap.
    09-02-08 09:44 PM
    NOOOOO, don't be bored!!!! Berrrrrriesss are AAAAWESOME!

Haha, I could not resist!

If you need a reason to stay with the BB then you probably won't stay after the new app or theme gets boring a week later.

If you are bored with the BB it sounds like you need to get a new toy phone. May I suggest the iPhone? That will keep you entertained for a while longer.

I can keep my self entertained just reading news updated on CNN, ESPN, or just browsing CB forums.

Good luck with curing your BB boredom!
    09-03-08 12:32 AM
    Get a Bold..spark your life up again lol!
    09-03-08 01:28 AM
    See ya when you realize you made a mistake by switching and decide to return

09-03-08 05:41 AM
    i don't use my bb for my main entertainment. i mostly use it as a tool for bill pay, nav, news, weather, mp3 player, ebay, emails, etc. So i can't conceive of ever being bored by it. i do understand the excitement wearing off though, the newness. But after that fades you are still left with a powerful, time saving, convenient tool for organizing, news, keeping in touch, media, etc.

i like to check out new apps but i'm pretty settled and will keep this unit for 2 years.

Maybe try a book or video game or a canoe ride to stave off boredom. Lol.

09-03-08 06:30 AM
    *sigh* The classic, daily post announcing "Berry Boredom"

Seriously, is it to stir up controversy, cause drama, whine?? What? If you are bored, then try something new... new device, new apps, new OS, new something... but what is the need to announce it? I never understand. Are we supposed to convince you that you are bored, or that you aren't bored, or that BBs are awesome?!

Are the fanboys supposed to come out in herds and shout "NOOOOO, don't be bored!!!! Berrrrrriesss are AAAAWESOME!"

Just did not see the point of this "accouncement"
    Yeah, what he said....
    09-03-08 07:04 AM
    I use my blackberry for business and personal use, there is no way I would get bored of my bb.

berries are awesome.
    09-03-08 07:04 AM
    Dude,
    People get bored of anything they see as a toy instead of a tool. If you like something else, go and get it. If I didn't like my berry, I would get something else (and believe me, ive thought about it). I just remember a time when I had a new phone almost every month. Then I got a berry

09-03-08 08:51 AM
    it's not a toy for me, it's a tool. I use THOUSANDS of messages a month, and without the full keyboard and push capabilities I wouldn't be as successful as I am at my job.

I'm also not a new user who just got his blackberry, I've been using Blackberry devices since they ran on the Mobitex network (RIM850 days)

I think that's the reason I'm burned out. I've been looking at what is effectively the same OS for years. just a good bit more refined.

headed out to buy a TILT today and see how it goes. i'm opening a second line for it so it's easy to get rid of if it fails to meet my expectations within a month
    09-03-08 10:54 AM
    I went from a Treo, to 2 different wm handsets (MDA and then the Wing) and I don't see going back to WM. There are a lot of pros with WM, but the berry is just sooo much better in so many ways. I mean, I had touchscreen with the other devices, but I had to send/receive email.

It killed my battery because every 5 mins I was checking all 6 of my email accounts.

I mean, if you want to try WM.. do it, but you'll be back to Blackberry sooner than you think.
    09-03-08 11:07 AM
    I can't imagine ever being bored with my BB - I read my news, message with friends, read & reply to all my email, go online, listen to music, play games, look up directions, and so much more - I never run out of things to do with it.
    09-03-08 02:14 PM
    If you truely are bored then go back to a tradtional phone for a week and you will be screaming for that BERRY!!
    09-03-08 02:17 PM
    I bought my 8320 one month ago. I changed the entire housing on it from the original T-Mobile gold to an AT&T silver. I purchased 2 themes, downloaded few more, installed 3rd party apps, updated to 4.5.0.52 OS, etc. I was pretty excited about it but I eventually lost the interest (or gotten used to it) and sold it. All within a month.

I loved all the features the phone comes with and the 3rd party support though. Great radio reception also. I'm now using something that I enjoy just as much, if not more so - although not quite as feature-packed as the berry
    09-03-08 02:29 PM
    i went and bought the tilt..took it back in 30 minutes.... berry for me for life
    09-03-08 09:45 PM
    i went and bought the tilt..took it back in 30 minutes.... berry for me for life
    Yay! You've seen the light!

09-04-08 05:35 AM
    Yay! You've seen the light!

That OS is flat out frustrating!!
    09-04-08 09:34 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD