I received a BB msngr request to add a contact from someone with just a first name. Thought it was a friend of mine with same name...it wasn't. I accepted the request and selected "show all contact information". Realized it wasn't my friend and deleted the contact. My questions are...How did a stranger get my PIN? Why would they want my PIN? Just a little freaked about the whole thing. Worried because they have my phone #, my PIN and my first & last name now. Am I silly to worry? And YES, I have scoured the forums about this but I need reassurance. =o) Thanks so much from a BB msngr newb.
    03-18-09 03:52 PM
    hi rob-i think maybe that person put in the wrong pin for who he/she really wanted to contact and just so hap'd to have the same name as ur friend. i would b freakd out too....but hopefully that person realized they had the wrong person and deleted the info just like you did. i think b4 deleting the info, i wuldv tried to contact the person and say 'btw-u got the wrong person-lol-culd you delet my info?" type of phone call in a kind way.
    03-18-09 03:56 PM
    This has happened to me twice. Nothing to worry about.
    03-18-09 04:06 PM
    when someone adds you to bbm, they don't get your info, do they? When i talk to people on BBM i only see their PIN, i dont even know what their phone number is or anything...
    03-18-09 04:38 PM
    Chill out, they can't see your info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 04:48 PM
    I wouldn't put too much stock into it. The person probably was just trying to add a friend of theirs and entered the PIN in wrong. The "contact information" you're referring to is just the contact information contained within BBM - which isn't much...
    03-18-09 04:51 PM
    Nothing to worry about here I dont think. Sounds like he/she just input the wrong pin number and got you.....
    03-18-09 04:57 PM
    when you delete them from your list, i believe you're deleted from their list. no worries
    03-18-09 05:01 PM
    You have nothing to worry about. Relax.
    03-18-09 07:02 PM
    I've had people pin me thinking I was someone else several times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD