With me going through all the BB's I have recently (I'm on my 4th. It's a long story which I'm sure you all would understand to one degree or another), I think I've got my dad wanting a BlackBerry. I know he wanted the Storm, but now isn't sure and may be looking at the Curve or the 8830WE. I'm pretty stoked, my dad isn't a business man per-se, but he is a federal employee and handles a lot of expense accounts, even worked on President Bush's travel account at one point in his term. He's not much older than I am, only 16 years, haha so it would be cool to have a manly bonding moment over BlackBerries.
    12-11-08 10:54 AM
    If he is a federal employee he maybe better off with the 8830. I believe that you can't go into a federal building with a camera phone. Of course, if i'm wrong the person(s) below me will correct this. :-)
    12-11-08 12:15 PM
    Well the rules about federal buildings will be different. Some buildings, no matter if it has a camera or not will not allow any type of personal commuication devices period and will be taken at entry. When you leave, they will be given back. These rules do not apply everywhere.
    12-11-08 03:02 PM
    Yeah, that rule definitely doesn't apply to the building that my dad works in. He has his cell on him all the time and our family texts alot.
    12-11-08 03:11 PM
    I do know that you can't take pictures in a federal building. I get told that every time I enter cause they can always see my camera phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 03:23 PM
    I'm a federal employee, that doesn't apply to employees. At least in my building it doesn't
    12-11-08 03:33 PM
    With me going through all the BB's I have recently (I'm on my 4th. It's a long story which I'm sure you all would understand to one degree or another), I think I've got my dad wanting a BlackBerry. I know he wanted the Storm, but now isn't sure and may be looking at the Curve or the 8830WE. I'm pretty stoked, my dad isn't a business man per-se, but he is a federal employee and handles a lot of expense accounts, even worked on President Bush's travel account at one point in his term. He's not much older than I am, only 16 years, haha so it would be cool to have a manly bonding moment over BlackBerries.
    Congrats on converting your dad!
    12-11-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD