I have a Blackberry Curve with T-mobile and I am in the process of divorce and ugly custody battle. He has an iphone and I never, ever delete his texts or emails. I have my phone set to keep them forever and we had a whole stupid conversation last week that he referred to this morning and said, "Why, just check the wording and you'll see..." It was gone. The whole thing. Along with a few other texts and emails. All the ones I need to log and hold onto. He is a very unscrupulous person and tech savvy. He had some kind of spyware so he could steal my work password when we were still together, as an example. I also think he stole my work laptop to get to files on it. I have changed all of my passwords, though. So, all I can think of is that somehow the iphone has some kind of capability of allowing him to erase his own emails and texts virtually so there is no record of them. Possible?
    04-20-09 11:31 AM
    Most likely your phone is low on memory and deleted old emails, texts, and call logs to free up space.
    04-20-09 11:34 AM
    Your BB will delete messages if it needs to for memory. Every BB I've had has done this.

If he did something on your work computer, I'd let work now. The lawyers would have a field day if someone did this to me.
    04-20-09 11:36 AM
    Texts and emails can easily be retrieved with a court order. Talk to your attorney about this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 11:44 AM
    You most likely still have them available through your PC. Also they may still be on the phone. Try looking for them by the search (magnifying glass) icon. Even if not on the phone they are most likely in old mail on the PC.

04-20-09 12:03 PM
    Smartphones are very secure nowadays. I highly doubt that your future ex was able to get into your BB from his iphone.

What do you mean by you have your phone set to keep them forever? Did you actually select "Save messages" or did you not delete them? As mentioned above, the phone could've deleted them due to memory or even because they were old (a setting in options).

For the future, I would recommend backing up your phone (to include messages) and you can retrieve them anytime from your PC through the BB Desktop Manager.
    04-20-09 12:17 PM
    From this point forward - If your messages are coming to your BB account - set up a Google account and/or another account and forward all messages to that account from this point forward.

Also use a very secure password of at least 8 characters which includes upper case, lower case numbers and appropriate symbols.

Additionally - for your security question when setting up the account - in the event you lose your password - do not answer it as asked. Provide some random obscure answer.

David
    04-20-09 12:24 PM
    There is an app available that will auto erase any emails you send after a preset time on the recipients end.
    04-20-09 12:41 PM
    I too am having the same problem with my hubby. He is somehow getting a copy of all my e mails. I tried chaning the password but then the e:mail will forward the password to him
    09-22-09 09:40 AM
    I too am having the same problem with my hubby. He is somehow getting a copy of all my e mails. I tried chaning the password but then the e:mail will forward the password to him
    It sounds like he has set up some type of forwarding a copy to him. Go into your BIS website and look for an option to Auto BCC.

This is if he did it through your BIS account. If he did it somewhere else, I am out of answers.
    09-22-09 10:44 AM
    09-22-09 01:19 PM
    Can you get a new BIS email account if this is happening?
    09-22-09 01:21 PM
    I'm sure your carrier can check for you, after all, if it's a subsidized phone under a contract, it's their phone until the contract is over.

09-22-09 02:30 PM
    Make sure you change the security question as well or he'll just get the new password every time you change it. Also, if it's google or yahoo etc you're using, go to settings from your computer and disable forwarding option.

09-22-09 02:34 PM
    Another idea could be creating a new email account and having your emails pushed from that email account to the other. Obviously, you wouldn't want to respond from the newly created email address, but it could be a secure way to have an extra copy.
    09-22-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD