I believe that people are generally optimistic because they see a refreshing change in Chen when compared to Heins. He is a more articulate, more polished speaker who seems to better communicate his plans and the direction that he intends take BlackBerry to the media. He also seems to be a person of action, as he is already making the personnel changes and strategy changes that he deems necessary.

CEO Chen also has a track record of turning a company around. And his message that BlackBerry is not dead or for sale, but is here to stay and will focus on enterprise has been very encouraging news for the analysts, the markets and enterprise customers.

I am one of those that are hopeful that he will be successful.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    sleepngbear likes this.
    01-12-14 03:20 PM
    "Chen" is a misspelling of "Chan" which is the Chinese form of Buddhism.

It is becoming clearer by the day that Chen is not a god, as Thor was, but is an incarnate Buddha.

Awesome!
    01-12-14 03:21 PM
    They say a hero would save us! I'm not gonna stand here and wait!

Q10 ~ 10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 03:23 PM
    Steve Jobs helped the company out in hard times, the fanatics had nothing to do with it and only came much later.

Posted via CB10
    False.....

Fanatics were livid when he was kicked out of his own company. A lot of people went to next computers because of him.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:25 PM
    False.....

Fanatics were livid when he was kicked out of his own company. A lot of people went to next computers because of him.

Posted via CB10
    Not to speak for him, but I think he's saying that Steve (as well as other apple workers) helped the company out by innovating and releasing desirable products.
    01-12-14 03:30 PM
    Pretty sure Chen is a demigod.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:35 PM
    The garbage that was holding the company down has been cleared away. Chen has a way better situation then the previous ceo. With more experience, a better track record and an investment team backing him up. I can see why people would hype him up. Plus on a blackberry fan page, you should see people hoping for this guy to turn it around. We love blackberry and we want it to succeed. So as we give the new guy a chance we're going to cheer him on and give him respect for taking on the the huge challenge that is blackberry. Good luck Mr.Chen

Posted via CB10
    The 'garbage' as you put it that was holding the company back was also hyped up by the very same fans on the very same blackberry fan page. I bet you the same people that reffered to Heins as god or the Heinsinator were also the first to bail to ios or android at the first sign of bad news.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:37 PM
    The 'garbage' as you put it that was holding the company back was also hyped up by the very same fans on the very same blackberry fan page. I bet you the same people that reffered to Heins as god or the Heinsinator were also the first to bail to ios or android at the first sign of bad news.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. While people were fleeing I jumped into BB10 and I don't regret it. I just don't like what they did with BB10 marketing at all... especially the way they went about almost everything. but I give all credit to the engineers that made BB10 possible.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 03:46 PM
    Big difference. John Chen has a real track record in reviving a company. He has real connections in Enterprise with a new team from his old company.

The Street really likes him. He is accessible which TH was not.

The short interest has dropped significantly which says one thing. BlackBerry is not dead and has a place in the mobile space. The market is saying so.

TH started this, did what needed to be done to trim BlackBerry. John Chen will finish the job!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Past track record in what market?

He's going against four of the biggest mobile companies on the planet, Microsoft, Google, Apple and Samsung.

Different game.
    01-12-14 03:53 PM
    Hyped? The stock market is sending a clear message on what they feel about Chen.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    So, when the stock price is up, it means that BB is on the right track, but when it's down, it's the fault of shorts, Netflix, the NSA?

BTW, the price of the stock rose from $6.69 to $17.35 between October 2012 and February 2013 (BB10 worldwide launch). How did that play out?
    sentimentGX4, JeepBB and Drew808 like this.
    01-12-14 04:00 PM
    So, when the stock price is up, it means that BB is on the right track, but when it's down, it's the fault of shorts, Netflix, the NSA?

BTW, the price of the stock rose from $6.69 to $17.35 between October 2012 and February 2013 (BB10 worldwide launch). How did that play out?
    Right pick apart my statement and make new ones that I've never said... how did that play out? well before release BB10 seemed good to go but they failed to market their damn product...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 04:06 PM
    Crackberry is really ******* hostile these days...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    greenberry666 and bigbadben10 like this.
    01-12-14 04:07 PM
    Not to speak for him, but I think he's saying that Steve (as well as other apple workers) helped the company out by innovating and releasing desirable products.
    Nah he quoted me saying the fan boys came along later on in the game. That was my rebuttal...

My original point is that it doesn't hurt to have support behind those in charge. It's simply rooting for the home team.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:19 PM
    Chen's making the moves , Thor made jam with BB.Prem's in charge now and is giving Chen the authority to see the company move forward, and hold onto your hats ,because WE ARE CANADIAN!!!...
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 01-12-14 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Add on
    01-12-14 04:21 PM
    I believe that people are generally optimistic because they see a refreshing change in Chen when compared to Heins. He is a more articulate, more polished speaker who seems to better communicate his plans and the direction that he intends take BlackBerry to the media. He also seems to be a person of action, as he is already making the personnel changes and strategy changes that he deems necessary.

CEO Chen also has a track record of turning a company around. And his message that BlackBerry is not dead or for sale, but is here to stay and will focus on enterprise has been very encouraging news for the analysts, the markets and enterprise customers.

I am one of those that are hopeful that he will be successful.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    This is false. He is on the same level as Heins. Both are low energy speakers.
    01-12-14 04:25 PM
    This is false. He is on the same level as Heins. Both are low energy speakers.
    Both aren't speaking their native language but Chen is far more unscripted at this point.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-12-14 04:28 PM
    I see your logic but they can't abandon BB10. BBOS has matured to its limit and can't be pushed any further. It would be suicide for them to try and continue on that path. They have to find a way to transition to BB10 and to this point they have not.
    Agree, though would it not be suicide to just abandon the few million new (or upgrading) BBOS users it's adding every quarter? Obviously Chen has to be examining why it's selling more BBOS devices; if it's price, then perhaps the Foxconn arrangement will address that. But I'm inclined to think it can't just be price. And regardless, a lower-priced device inherently isn't a migration strategy. What's stopping users from choosing a cheap Android phone instead of cheap BB 10 phone? Unlike Apple and Google, BBRY doesn't have an ecosystem or anything as "sticky" that would keep these BBOS users from switching platforms.

It just seems like a crime to have these 60 or 70 million customers without having any compelling strategy for keeping them as customers.
    01-12-14 04:33 PM
    While some of us had trust in Thor to execute strategic objectives in the hope of success and growth of BlackBerry, I never trusted and always wait for his actions to give a clap or comment. He never came across as confident and the one to be trusted as a leader. There was no connection to his persona.

Chen on the other hand comes across as the guy in the cubicle next to you. The easy going guy one can have lunch with, crack a joke or two while talking business. He's a transformational leader. To speak of his credentials would direct anyone to his success with Sybase. I have confidence in Chen that he is able to move BlackBerry to first being profitable and then moving on to success. If the two devices are manufactured according to launch date then we all can say that BlackBerry is onto growth.
    01-12-14 04:37 PM
    Both aren't speaking their native language but Chen is far more unscripted at this point.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925

Yes I could tell he is unscripted as he was stumbling around the sound clips proclaiming BBs renewed focus on qwerty keyboards.
    01-12-14 04:37 PM
    Perhaps a more aggressive strategy is needed to get BBOS users onto BB10, perhaps an incentive so enticing they can't refuse.
    Agree. I think it's gotta be a combination of incentives and better products--and by products, I mean devices and services. There has to be some distinct competitive edge that isn't related to specs or even a physical keyboard.
    01-12-14 04:39 PM
    Kevin said in his new years speech that these types of folks will be removed from CrackBerry. They are here only to disrupt a most excellent forum.

We know who you are

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    This.
    01-12-14 05:12 PM
    While I respect John Chen's prior experience and credentials, I remain skeptical of the future prospects of Blackberry. Achieving a turnaround of this magnitude will prove much more daunting than Sybase.

The fundamentals of Blackberry continue to deteriorate. Blackberry has limited funds to develop new products. More alarmingly, there is loss of confidence from a number of Blackberry partners, including from the formerly strong UK market. The loss of device support and refusal to carry new Blackberry products had largely been unobserved until the recent quarter. The window for any continued Blackberry presence in both first world consumers and enterprise is closing.

Regardless of fundamentals, Blackberry has yet to present a viable turnaround strategy. The partners Watsa were eying during the "buyout" were unlikely oblivious to the prospects of a partnership and targeting of developing markets. This alone should keep expectations in check and at bay.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 01-12-14 at 05:35 PM.
    JeepBB and Drew808 like this.
    01-12-14 05:14 PM
    Crackberry is really ******* hostile these days...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    You need to quit this persecution complex thingy. I eyeballed this topic and it's simply a discussion on the new CEO and the rising levels of hype. People here remember how hyped CrackBerry was about TH until the BB10 debacle and the PlayBook betrayal issues came up.

I haven't seen any overt cases of hostility here and I feel posts like yours above are only meant to stifle alternative opinions.
    01-12-14 05:17 PM
    I remember, but I'm still pretty optimistic about Chen. Thor seemed like the guy to come in and clean up, but not really turn the company around in way of new products. I think Chen will do a good job, even if it means having to wait for my holy grail high end consumer device. I'm willing to wait it out since I have great devices to use in the meantime. I think his focus on enterprise will at least provide a source of revenue for awhile, and if that goes well we'll get our high end devices eventually.
    I agree. While I was also optimistic about Thors, I still feel that Chen deserves his shot at bringing BlackBerry back. IMO, it's still too soon, but, most ppl will cheer for the underdog- which is BlackBerry and explaining the positive attitude towards Chen.

Posted from my Q10 via the Android CrackBerry App!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-12-14 05:24 PM
    Well, im not saying Chen isn't going to change blackberry or save it. I'm just saying that, some people are picking apart everything he says and then making posts in general discussions about how amazing Chen is. This happened before, with TH. And when he failed to deliver, most people bailed with him.

Just let Chen do his job, no need to over inflate small successes he may or may not be making.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:26 PM
128 1234 ...