I think BlackBerry need huge blackberry ambassador and good marketing-img_20150716_132707.png
    I think BlackBerry need huge blackberry ambassador and good marketing-img_20150716_152151.png
    I think BlackBerry need huge blackberry ambassador and good marketing-img_20150716_152323.png

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry don't do proper marketing of their phones, you see how ppl are crazy about the passport and asking what phone kind of phone is it.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-16-15 09:32 AM
    Very True.... Marketing might help to sell a few more devices...but it is very expensive to do world wide marketing for an extend period of time.

So the question becomes, do they have a product that is worth marketing and what kind of return could they expect. They spent MILLIONS during the launch, and it got them very, very little.

Don't have any current figures I could find... but in 2012 they spent $90 million on marketing in just the US... what did that get them? And it wasn't a bad amount when Apple and Samsung were both only spending around $350 million at that time. It's just that BlackBerry got far less return on their marketing investment.... because their products didn't meet the needs of the users.

They don't need better marketing... they need better products. I know many are happy with what they have right now, but maybe, just maybe we aren't average consumers.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-16-15 at 09:57 AM.
    vanrickman and Witmen like this.
    07-16-15 09:47 AM
    Very True.... Marketing might help to sell a few more devices...but it is very expensive to do world wide marketing for an extend period of time.

So the question becomes, do they have a product that is worth marketing and what kind of return could they expect. They spend MILLIONS during the launch, and it got them very, very little.
    That's true. You see lot of ppl don't even know the phone and they are eager to know. Even the unique look gat them crazy.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:51 AM
    That's true. You see lot of ppl don't even know the phone and they are eager to know. Even the unique look gat them crazy.

Posted via CB10
    People gawk at a car wreck... doesn't mean that they want to be in one.

Passport is an interesting looking devices that stands out. And with all of Cobalt's goodness installed it is almost as good as any full Android Device. But that doesn't make it marketable... especially the Cobalt part.
    Donvald likes this.
    07-16-15 10:01 AM
    I second that.
    In Indonesia, where BlackBerry users still significant, nothing in marketing. No ads on TV. Local vendors, and brand like Oppo, they have more ads on TV. Ads is something really important here. People tend to buy something what they see on TV or newspaper.

Samsung X100 - Samsung C210 - Nokia N70 - Nokia 608 - Sony Xperia J - Lumia 620 - Blackberry Z3
    07-16-15 10:04 AM
    Well they had Alicia Keys...
    21stNow and solitude1984 like this.
    07-16-15 10:06 AM
    Other thing: there's no "improvement" in case of the availability of popular apps.

Samsung X100 - Samsung C210 - Nokia N70 - Nokia 608 - Sony Xperia J - Lumia 620 - Blackberry Z3
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-16-15 10:08 AM
    People gawk at a car wreck... doesn't mean that they want to be in one.

Passport is an interesting looking devices that stands out. And with all of Cobalt's goodness installed it is almost as good as any full Android Device. But that doesn't make it marketable... especially the Cobalt part.
    You are right but with good advertising who knows?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 10:22 AM
    I second that.
    In Indonesia, where BlackBerry users still significant, nothing in marketing. No ads on TV. Local vendors, and brand like Oppo, they have more ads on TV. Ads is something really important here. People tend to buy something what they see on TV or newspaper.

Same here in Nigeria

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 10:22 AM
    They do market... just not to the consumers.... as enterprise market is quite insular.. what there is of it will not seen by consumers.... first rule of advertising.. you do not promote a damaged brand... you repair the brand first then market it,..
    07-16-15 10:29 AM
    From my point of view, it's just people who are extremely curious about what a great red looking device that it. Once someone mentions that it's a blackberry, they will just say "oh ok!" and then will move along with their day. All about perception

Posted via CB10
    asherN likes this.
    07-16-15 11:41 AM
    From my point of view, it's just people who are extremely curious about what a great red looking device that it. Once someone mentions that it's a blackberry, they will just say "oh ok!" and then will move along with their day. All about perception

Posted via CB10
    You sum it up yourself ' A great looking device '. Ppl thinks blackberry is dead and if it's truly they are dead a star like him won't be with a dead phone and posting it all over his social media pages.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:35 PM
    BB had their chance a couple of years ago when Justin Bieber offered to promote BB for a couple hundred thousand ( peanuts by todays standards) and some phones.. would promote it to the masses and of course BB refused... one of many flubs that has stumbles through the years with their race to the bottom...
    07-16-15 05:02 PM
    Blackberry refused Justin Bieber?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my god what could have been... Such a blackberry mistake to make.

"Nobody will be interested in the new iPhone, we believe we're stable to continue future success". 2007

"Naah, definitely not Justin. It will have to be Alicia Keys " -2013

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-16-15 05:13 PM
    I still can't believe it. One tweet promoting the z10 could've sent millions of young fans, majority girls, dying to buy it and follow this schmuck on his BBM channel or something. More customers, more market share, more developers.. damn..

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:16 PM
    Tried it, didn't work

Z10
    07-16-15 06:00 PM
    The best Ambassador is your regular BB10 user. Give us some software that we know people want. We'll spread the word.

As far as marketing is concerned they better push the "New BlackBerry ".

There was once upon a time when Harley Davidson, Ford Taurus etc had bad brand images. Came a time a, "new _____" was introduced and look where they are now.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 06:05 PM
    They do market... just not to the consumers.... as enterprise market is quite insular.. what there is of it will not seen by consumers.... first rule of advertising.. you do not promote a damaged brand... you repair the brand first then market it,..
    And it won't just be "BlackBerry "either. It will have to be the, "new BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 06:09 PM
    As I have said in my previous post for years that I would gladly be a Blackberry ambassador for travel expenses and a salary and travel the U.S. to promote the brand by having workshops at the carriers to showcase the products.
    07-16-15 06:16 PM
    They need an icon..... they need Beyonce some artist that is actually Huge world wide and has a huge impact.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by alexbe09; 07-19-15 at 09:07 PM.
    07-16-15 06:20 PM
    I still can't believe it. One tweet promoting the z10 could've sent millions of young fans, majority girls, dying to buy it and follow this schmuck on his BBM channel or something. More customers, more market share, more developers.. damn..

Posted via CB10
    Imagine where BBM would be if Bieber was on a 1 or 2yr Marketing contract? Hmm.
    I could see Pinterest or Vine dieing before even starting some 2yrs ago, since Beiber is in the same age group 16-21 where the predominant user age is in N. America, UK and in Europe.
    07-16-15 06:57 PM
    I had to check it also on my IG just to reply on those who are asking. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:34 PM
    I had to check it also on my IG just to reply on those who are asking. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I did that too! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 05:56 AM
    Imagine where BBM would be if Bieber was on a 1 or 2yr Marketing contract? Hmm.
    I could see Pinterest or Vine dieing before even starting some 2yrs ago, since Beiber is in the same age group 16-21 where the predominant user age is in N. America, UK and in Europe.
    But if you gave Bieber a Passport out of the box and told him to use it.... and because he couldn't run Instagram he used his iPhone for Instagram and then eventually for Facebook and every other social media because it was more convenient. Where would that get you?

Now sure you could load Cobalt tools and then he'd have it all... but then say in a month Google tighten their security and his Passport didn't work anymore. What kind of messages would he send out then..

The problem with Celb endorsements, is you don't own them and if they don't use your product for real, it looks worse than if they hadn't promoted it. And the problem with BlackBerry right now is it needs an illegal Hack to give users what they want....
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-17-15 07:51 AM
42 12