So we see fonctions of BlackBerry blend. The question is, why BlackBerry would continue to provide BlackBerry link if there is BlackBerry blend? And why BlackBerry would provide for free a competitive solution of Microsoft Outlook ? A rational answer would be BlackBerry providing BlackBerry blend not for free. I expect 29,99$. What's your point of view? Would you pay for this new service?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 01:58 AM
    Is this coming from you or an article?
    09-01-14 02:01 AM
    It's just an analyse, that why it's a question to community
    09-01-14 02:01 AM
    Can Blend back up restore our devices?
    I bet it's free

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 02:12 AM
    Free for desktop,
    4.99 for ios/droid

I guess

Posted via CB10
    menshawy, progguy, JulesDB and 1 others like this.
    09-01-14 02:15 AM
    It shall be free for at least a few month for people to get addict, then you make them pay for their dip...

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 02:23 AM
    If you have a bb10, then it should be free

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-01-14 02:31 AM
    First they take they show off balance, and it turns out you need to pay because it's only for BES customers. Will they do the same to Blend? All I can say of they do is waterfak.

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    09-01-14 02:31 AM
    As an office application, BB Blend on the desktop is hardly as feature-rich as Outlook.

I wish it were different but let's be realistic.
    09-01-14 02:44 AM
    Nothing to say.
    And For 10.3 update also we need to pay 50$
    Did you ever start to think before analyse?

Posted via CB10
    senel likes this.
    09-01-14 04:35 AM
    Nothing to say.
    And For 10.3 update also we need to pay 50$
    Did you ever start to think before analyse?

Posted via CB10
    good guy.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 04:43 AM
    link for mac updated nothing new,and now cant wifi connect ..wtf..need blend asap

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:13 AM
    They will continue with Link because Blend requires Windows 7 and up and many people still have XP. I don't see BlackBerry charging anything for this service as it wouldn't make them any money since there wouldn't be enough people using it. I see it as more of a perk to have a BlackBerry and to get more people to switch over.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 05:58 AM
    If you have a bb10, then it should be free

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    I might be missing something here, but doesn't blend ONLY work with BB10?

For example it connects your BB10 phone to your PC/Andriod Tab/iPad.

So if it was free for BB10 users that would just make it free.

P.s. I wouldn't mind paying a little to use it, it looks really good, but only if they support my Android 4.2.2 tablet!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craig Abernethy; 09-01-14 at 03:28 PM.
    mcstravi likes this.
    09-01-14 06:02 AM
    BlackBerry Link will and still is used for backing up the device, syncing crap and what not. Blend will be your hub, on the desktop. The two won't replace one another. That's like saying Microsoft Word is going to replace Control Panel. Two different applications, two different functions.
    09-01-14 06:09 AM
    lame question and make misunderstand for people .
    09-01-14 08:00 AM
    Charge for corporations / free for personal use would be a way to go.
    tw820 likes this.
    09-01-14 08:23 AM
    BlackBerry Link will and still is used for backing up the device, syncing crap and what not. Blend will be your hub, on the desktop. The two won't replace one another. That's like saying Microsoft Word is going to replace Control Panel. Two different applications, two different functions.
    Did you read Bla1ze's article on the front page? It's clearly stated there that, "Tasks that you might have previously completed using BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link can now be completed using BlackBerry Blend, including: Backing up and restoring device data, Switching to another device, Copying pictures, videos, and music between a computer or tablet and your BlackBerry 10 device."

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    illlya, Thunderbuck and kadthekid like this.
    09-01-14 08:45 AM
    So it would be more accurate to start calling BBLink a "legacy" way to connect to your BB10 device, with BBBlend being the new flagship/recommended method?

And on the subject of Backing Up: could this mean we finally get a way to backup your device on the Cloud? Because I can't imagine putting 8gb+ backups on a tablet would work out great...

Finally: why hasn't this thread title been adapted yet? Most of these get a clear Rumour or Opinion tag pretty quickly.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-01-14 08:56 AM
    What you are trying to say is not word going te replace control panel, but word going to replace wordpad. Word being blend and wordpad being bblink. Both equal applications, but the first one is more refined. But link has remote access and as far as I have seen blend doesn't.

Correct me if I am wrong
    jas1978 likes this.
    09-01-14 09:06 AM
    Oh I didn't even think of RFA, if Blend gets that it would be a massive advantage. Just imagine accessing your Tablet files on-the-go from anywhere.
    I have gotten so used to RFA I don't even remember to mention it as a big selling point for BB10.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    09-01-14 09:16 AM
    It would be great I'd Blend would let you backup your device not only to the cloud, but to any cloud. For example I'm running a cloud at home and would love to back up to it.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    09-01-14 09:28 AM
    It would be great I'd Blend would let you backup your device not only to the cloud, but to any cloud. For example I'm running a cloud at home and would love to back up to it.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    Yes it would be great if movie stars could back up their devices using Blend to Icloud.
    09-01-14 10:33 AM
    Is there any service for which BlackBerry charges a one-time fee? No, so why start here? I think this would be free for consumers and maybe a monthly add-on for BES like eBBM. But I highly doubt they will go the one-time fee route.
    09-01-14 10:37 AM
    BlackBerry Blend is a replacement for Link, but it only works for devices running 10.3 and up, which is why Link will still be provided. The Passport will be the only device to work with Blend officially until 10.3.1 is pushed to older BB10 devices and of course the Classic when it is released hopefully by the end of the year. BlackBerry Desktop Manager software is still available for legacy BlackBerry devices, which people still use today. I expect it to be free, since it will be the new software for backups, restores, and moving content back and forth from your computer and device, but if BlackBerry were to charge for the email, SMS, BBM, calendar, etc. features, I'd pay for it in a heartbeat whatever the price may be.

So, keep in mind that if you want to use it on launch, you better load up a 10.3 leak if you are not going to be picking up a Passport.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    09-01-14 11:20 AM
87 123 ...