Hey guys, I am a little embarrassed to be asking this but here it goes. I had an opportunity to get on board with BB when my contract was up. I got cold feed as every body told me to stay with iPhone because my main computer was Apple and the wife and family as well. They told me it would be difficult to send messages with attachments,the camera is not as good, I would have great difficulty communicating with my iMac as far as putting pictures into my iPhoto and using iTunes. So i renewed my contract with an iPhone 5c.
    I am sure that you will tell me that none of this is true. I really would like to hear the truth because I have this huge desire to get a BB. I know there is an app I can use to sync BB with Mac but they also tell me that it is not very good. The "they " I speak off are people at store levels and on the Mac forum that I chat on.Some do have BB and are having head aches.
    I am not a heavy user, I take pictures, text and use the phone a lot, audio books and music, and don't have a need for many apps.
    What do you all say, and which phone would you recommend based on my usage?
    Thanks
    12-18-14 11:46 AM
    U WELL Feel right at home with BlackBerry . Not here to preach to you about all the good things BlackBerry does

Blackbird Q10 latest OS
    12-18-14 11:55 AM
    BlackBerry 10 Devices will satisfy all your cellular device needs mentioned without question. Since your coming from iPhone, I'd encourage you to give the Z30 a shot. You may be coming back for the keyboard, and the Q10 and Classic are great devices but you may be disappointed in the screen size. Regardless, you can't lose.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-18-14 12:10 PM
    I say you stay with the 5C until the next full touch is launched.
    12-18-14 12:13 PM
    I don't have any experience with sync with apple product. I did have a problem getting texts from iPhone uses at first. But I was abit apprehensive. And I bought my z10 out of a bit of a fluke. Bidding on ebay and I won for a vary good price...

But any way. There is nothing to worry about. I thought I would use my iPhone for work and just swap on weekends. I think I had it 3 days before I put sim in it. Never worked out as soon as I out sim in z10 I never took it out. I love my z10. I have 2 now. The app thing meh. I have found 97% of the apps I use or want. Either by snap or BlackBerry world.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a BlackBerry phone. As I say I don't have any experience with Mac computer and syncing. I use BlackBerry Link never had a problem with it. And I hate iTunes so I don't use it. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 12-18-14 at 12:28 PM.
    nyfinch likes this.
    12-18-14 12:17 PM
    I don't have any experience with sync with apple product. I did have a problem getting texts from iPhone uses at first. But I was abit apprehensive. And I bout my z10 out of a bit of a fluke. Bidding on ebay and I won for a vary good price...

But any way. There is noting to worry about. I thought I would use my iPhone for work and just swap on weekends. I think I had it 3 days before I put sim in it. I love my z10. I have 2 now. The app thing meh. I have found 97% of the apps I use or want. Either by snap or BlackBerry world.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a BlackBerry phone. As I say I don't have any experience with Mac computer and syncing. I use BlackBerry Link never had a problem with it. And I hate iTunes so I don't use it. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Just an FYI...after iOS6, 7, and 8 failed to fix the text message problem, Apple has now issued a work around. There is an Apple Support site to Deregister iPhones. You type in your phone number and your new device gets a text message with a 6 digit code. Type that in to the Apple website and it disconnects your phone number from iMessage. You can still use your email address for iMessage on your iPad and Mac if you'd like.

ponpiri likes this.
    12-18-14 12:21 PM
    Who was the tech dad who did an extensive review of the Z30? He was a heavy Apple user and was invested in the Apple ecosystem. Hour ended up going to the Z30 as his every day device.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-18-14 12:28 PM
    I will go and touch a few I think I will be interested in the Z10/30 as I work in a very dusty environment . The problem here is that it is very hard to find someone in the stores that actually know more than how to turn it on. Very frustrating ,that is also one of the reasons I went with iPhone.
    12-18-14 12:29 PM
    Here it is. An unbiased in depth review of the Z30 from an Apple user.

http://www.daddoes.com/10459/blackbe...review-update/

Yes, it is possible to unassimilate yourself from the Borg collective!

And keep in mind that is an older review. Many of the issues mentioned have been improved or fixed.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-18-14 12:33 PM
    I will go and touch a few I think I will be interested in the Z10/30 as I work in a very dusty environment . The problem here is that it is very hard to find someone in the stores that actually know more than how to turn it on. Very frustrating ,that is also one of the reasons I went with iPhone.
    Unfortunately you won't find any devices in US Carrier stores...all devices have to be ordered. it stinks.

12-18-14 12:47 PM
    Cross over to the dark side and tell your friends your back in black.

Posted via CB10
    Jaalouro likes this.
    12-18-14 02:10 PM
    I'm using Mac as my main computer and I don't have a problem with the combination. In fact, I think Blackberry compliments a Mac more so then the iPhone. I find that iOS is so locked down that it's harder to sync anything.

BB10 really is a great OS. With Blend it just makes your Mac experience 10x better then iTunes imo.
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-18-14 02:28 PM
    Unfortunately you won't find any devices in US Carrier stores...all devices have to be ordered. it stinks.

Actually, my local corporate Verizon store has the Z30. An actual working model.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    12-18-14 03:02 PM
    Z30 is the way to go. All my friends with iPhones stopped their BlackBerry jokes once they took a test drive on my Z30. Now they are wondering why they spent so much more money for their iPhones with so much less performance. They feel a little "iSheep-ish" now.

Posted via CB10
    DawnMills and DarkJoker33 like this.
    12-18-14 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry syncs just fine with iTunes... install Link and you will be fine. Will sync all photos, music for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:18 PM
    There also is an app in BBW called device switch. It will help with the iphone to BB10 move.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 04:22 PM
    I think the OP is asking the wrong question... instead of asking should I switch... ask what is my Iphone not doing for me that a BB would.... yes you can move from the Apple walled garden... but do you want to.... it is a pain to do so... a pain but possible... I run into this in my computer business. Clients come in and want to upgrade their computer... my first and only question is " what is you computer not doing that you need to upgrade?".... same applies here...
    12-18-14 04:31 PM
    iPhone is working fine. I guess i'm just kind of board. Every time I hear talk about BB I go into a zone of desire. I want one and I want to be different from the others. They just seem to pull me in even though I have never seen one work in real life. I can't explain it.
    Jack Donovan1 and BerryRipe like this.
    12-18-14 04:40 PM
    Actually, my local corporate Verizon store has the Z30. An actual working model.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    What's your zip code...I have 100% working knowledge that the Z30 is a direct to fulfillment device only. It must be ordered online or over the phone. There's only one way a store could have it. That's if a customer ordered it for pickup at a store and never picked it up and was refunded. Then the store may keep it in their inventory.
    12-18-14 04:54 PM
    OP, for what you use the phone for I don't know if a BB is right for you. A BB Camera isn't as good as the iPhone unless its under great lighting conditions. And contrary to what you will hear on here, a BB doesn't sync better with a Mac then an iPhone. Yes you can drag and drop, but as far as syncing photos and music to your phone you won't find a better method with your mac than the iPhone. Yes you can drag and drop into your Blackberry but its not going to sync with the actual phone with iTunes.

If music and audiobooks are your other needs then I'm not sure that a BB is what you need. You are going to find a larger selection of music on iTunes and to get music on your BB you will need an app (7digital) as BB has removed all music from their app store.

I'm just trying to give an objective opinion as I use both and if those were my main wants for phone I don't know that using a BB would make sense for me. If you had other needs like native file management then maybe it would make sense, but I don't know that it does for you for what you want.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-18-14 05:25 PM
    Thanks so much for that honesty.
    12-18-14 05:36 PM
    iPhone is working fine. I guess i'm just kind of board. Every time I hear talk about BB I go into a zone of desire. I want one and I want to be different from the others. They just seem to pull me in even though I have never seen one work in real life. I can't explain it.
    Have you watched a review of a BlackBerry Z30 or Z10? I guess that ll be the closest in seeing how the OS works with the gestures before you end up buying one. BB10 has greatly improved since it's release with constant new improvement s to refine the OS, to existing and new features and etc. The next big OS update is 10.3.1 and it's a real beauty directly installing android apps from the Amazon store, new features, refinements, improvements and a new UI look!!!!

I guarantee once you get a hang of navigating through the OS with just gestures (flow) no home button, getting a glimpse of a new msg while in an app (peak), seeing and accessing all your messages in spot (hub) and etc you ll soon realize how outdated the iOS really is. Btw, some new features iOS has they borrowed /copied from BB10.

 Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    12-18-14 05:56 PM
    I am a former iPhone user who came back to BlackBerry because I was tired of the stale OS and I personally think email and messaging is a terrible experience on IOS.

I came back to BlackBerry because a friend who has the z10 recommend trying the OS and I ended up buying a z10 then a z30 and a passport and I am not looking back.

The first thing you will notice is how intuitive the OS is and the HUB will be something you find yourself using all the time, all you emails, text, notifications in one spot and accessed by a single swipe to the right. No more pressing the stupid home button and bouncing thru several apps to look at you data.

As far as syncing to your Mac desktop, I haven't had any major issues with syncing my data. The one thing I do miss on my iPhone is being able to backup and restore my phone from i Cloud. But, I am learning to do things the BlackBerry way and I am liking it.

In the end the decision has to be yours and I would recommend going to a local cell phone store who carries BlackBerry products and try a couple of devices out and make you decision based on what you think best fits your needs and your budget.

If you do choose to come into the BlackBerry world, you will find a great bunch of folks on this site that can answer your questions and you yourself having fun reading all the post as I do. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    12-18-14 05:58 PM
    BBRY offers great devices, just keep in mind that aren't directed at the regular consumer meaning they are a great communication, email, txt and a so so gaming, social media platform.
    You are granted some great customization compared to a locked down iPhone and not near the learning curve of some android devices. Iphones are great at doing what they were designed to do just like BBRY... It's up to you to really decide if it's the device for you

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-18-14 05:59 PM
    Latest update of Blend works very well on Apple Mac laptops and sync very well with BlackBerry devices. Today morning, I got BBM message from a friend sent thru his mac laptop.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    12-18-14 06:03 PM
73 123