hi,
    i deleted alot of applications to save device memory, and i think one of those was the ability to setup 3rd party email accounts, when i go to the setup wizard it only lets me select enterprise mail, or skip email setup. i tried a hard reset, but this diddnt do anything to the applications folder. how do i do a reset (or something with the desktop manager) to get this to work again?
    09-28-08 10:57 PM
    You cant set up emails from the set up wizard, thats only for BES (corporate accounts). You'll have a separate email set up icon on your phone, click on that else go to your carrier's website and enter the email set up page (BIS). You can add all your accounts there.
    09-28-08 11:00 PM
    if you have a backup restore from there.
    09-28-08 11:00 PM
    i have my gmail still setup, but since i stopped my data plan, i did something that deleted all the messages. do i need to do anything special to push my gmail to my phone? it shouldnt matter that i dont currently have a data plan, right?
    09-28-08 11:26 PM
    It does matter because you need data service or an email service to get push email. Since you are with AT&T, you'll need data service. With Tmo we can get an email only service in which case its ok if one doesnt have a data connection.
    09-28-08 11:28 PM
    Deleting applications from the device is a one way street.

Fortunately, BlackBerry provides all the software support you need to recover and replace the missing software.

If you choose to cancel your data plan, that means there is no way for email and third party software to call home. You have a fully functional Phone and PDA now.
    09-29-08 12:03 PM
    Deleting applications from the device is a one way street.

Fortunately, BlackBerry provides all the software support you need to recover and replace the missing software.
    how do i go about getting every application back onto my device?
    10-01-08 07:36 PM
    That part is simple.

You download and re-install your carriers device OS. That will restore it back to out of the box conditon.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

You will also need an installed copy of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you have already installed it from the BlackBerry User Tools CD, you are set to go. If not, you can also download from BlackBerry Support.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-01-08 at 09:07 PM.
    10-01-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD