My work recently switched to Lotus Notes for our Email Program. I talked to the IT Guy, and they insist that the only way to get my email pushed to my device is to have a Blackberry that they issue.

Is there any other way around this besides auto-forwarding? Or should I just forward all email to my Blackberry Email Address?
    02-05-08 09:30 AM
    Are you saying the IT folks won't add your personal BB to their BES server? That's pretty much the only way to get OTA synch with Domino. Corporate security can be a major issue for many companies. If you go outside their rules and get your work e-mail, many companies see this as a security breach and can fire you over it.
    02-07-08 01:42 PM
    Maybe you could try talking them into it though. They can track EVERYTHING once they put it on the exchange server, so I don't see why they would care. There are plenty of major companies that allow it!
    02-07-08 01:49 PM
    I see that u r there corporate security intern..... mmmmm

why cant they just take your device, do a security check and provide a clearance.... its gonna be the same in the end anyways when u activate BES. Unless they actually have a separate OS and only their device can be updated....

Security and paranoia... thats the new spelling by the way
    02-07-08 03:28 PM
    I tried talking to them but they still say that I have to have a Commerce-issued Blackberry, and they only give Supervisors and Managers ones, or those that constantly receive important emails that must be answered (like me, but yet I dont get one)

I basically decided that i'll settle for auto-forwarding, but they even disabled THAT! I'm bummed. I want my email on my phone
    03-10-08 05:22 PM
    Don't feel bad, my job insists I have to pay 100 bucks for some 'license'

Go figure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 07:45 PM
    I tried talking to them but they still say that I have to have a Commerce-issued Blackberry, and they only give Supervisors and Managers ones, or those that constantly receive important emails that must be answered (like me, but yet I dont get one)

I basically decided that i'll settle for auto-forwarding, but they even disabled THAT! I'm bummed. I want my email on my phone
    They pay a license fee for each device on the BES, I forget how much. I think $100.00 a year but not sure. I expect they set a budget based on those that need it the most.
    03-10-08 07:46 PM

Sounds like they are serious about you not getting messages to your phone since they cut off your forwarding capability. I would advise not attempting any work around as they may be monitoring your account.
    03-10-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD