That may be true - but I've been using BB phones with the belt for a long time ( couple of curves before the Bold) and really want to see what it's like to use a BB with no belt. I have tried phones that are all swipe and I really truly dislike the swiping. I know the Q10 is a combo of keyboard and swipe but I really like the trackpad and the buttons, so I want to check one out real live and in my hands to see if I would like the combo. I've read a zillion posts here on CB and I found there are others who feel the same way and the reports are mixed.
    I know how you feel. I went from BB9700 to the BB9900 which all had that "toolbelt". I bought a Q10, tried to love it, puts lots of months using it and guess what- I hate it! I will purchase the Q20 when it comes out due to the "Toolbelt". Definitely try the new Q10 before you buy and do not buy sight unseen. I did and I regretted it. I have had the Q10 for almost a year but use it very little as I keep going back to my BB9900. Every time I go to use the pos Q10 I have to clean off the cobwebs. hahahahaha.
    acovey likes this.
    03-19-14 04:37 PM
    I'm visiting L.A. (from Sacramento) and am interested in updating my 4 year old BB Bold 9700 with a Q10 (not a Z10 or Z30). In Sacramento, not one single carrier has a live Q10 on display. I drove into Westwood, near UCLA, this morning where there is an ATT, Verizon, Radio Shack, and an independent wireless shop that sells all the various company phones and plans on a search for a live Q10 I can hold in my hand and check out. In each of the 4 different shops I was told "Oh, Blackberry is going out of business and soon you won't even be able to get one...."
    When you get back to Sacramento, try visiting the Elk Grove on Laguna. 2nd biggest store in the west and last time I was there they had a Q10 and Z10 on display. Even if they aren't on display, I bet they have some in stock.
    03-19-14 04:40 PM
    When I am in a mall and I notice a kiosk does not carry the latest Blackberry I stop and tell them I am looking to purchase one right then. When they tell me some song and dance about why they don't have one I tell them thank you I will go elsewhere as I really need a phone today.
    I keep doing that at every mall and kiosk. Eventually the people working them will figure they are losing sales, and maybe it can go up the chain to their management and supervisors to reconsider stocking BlackBerry phones due to lost sales.
    Now imagine if everyone on Crackberry could do the same, it might have an effect, and it only takes a few seconds of your time. Plus it's worth the look on their faces when they think they have lost a sale.

Posted via CB10
    And you think there are millions of people like you going around trying to get it in their heads that they are losing sales because of not carrying a BB? No. I don't think many people are doing what you do.

They need millions to make a scene, not thousands or in your case probably barely hundreds.
    richardat and kevinnugent like this.
    03-19-14 04:42 PM
    As a long time BlackBerry user who went from the 9650 to the 9930 to the Q10 - I can say you get used to not having the belt. The keyboard is great on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:43 PM
    AmigaOS should have been the operating that set the standard instead of Microsoft Disk Operating System (MS-DOS). Imagine how much farther along OS development would be today. Maybe BlackBerry OS 10 would have been used for the earliest BlackBerry Two-way Pagers.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Yeah, another case of taking too long to react to the industry. They stuck with the custom graphics chips beyond the sell by date so resolutions were too low and couldn't use industry standard hardware, so monitors, hard disks etc too expensive.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    03-19-14 05:05 PM
    "But Sir, the sales figures indicate BlackBerry's don't sell, so we don't sell them..."
    Kinda circular thinking, Eh?

Seriously, with just about every salesperson interaction going as described by OP, it MUST be some kind of top down message from carriers to the retailers, no?

Flicked out via Zed10
    03-19-14 05:08 PM
    People go for notes and nexus 5s' and iPhones when not on BlackBerry but when they look at BlackBerry they only seem to look for qwerty. The Z30 uses the best touch keyboard and gives you the best battery life plus that extra screen space.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yep...my wife has a Z10. She had a GS4, but really did not like it very much. She had been a Galaxy user since the original version GS1 (Captivate). I convinced her to check out the Z10 that I got on loan from ATT corporate rep. I loaded 10.2.1.19xx leak on it. Ended up buying a mint condition STL100-3 on E-Bay for $220 usd.

She loves keyboard ( but misses Swype), loves the battery life, loves the better voice quality, and pretty much everything about it.

If I were not so attached to the physical keyboard, I'd probably have the Z30. I'm waiting to see if the Q30 has the hardware I want and a removable battery. The "fixed" battery is a deal-breaker for me.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 05:40 PM
    The fun part here in the netherland and Belgian area the blackberry Z30 and Z10 is selling well without any support of advertising or selling buy operator, only the z10 get some support. Most sales goes to online store's here and I think it's a lost because checking some operators it all
    boring stuff 25% on the sales page is iphone and 50% is Samsung and then you have 5-10% Nokia and 5 or 10% blackberry and then the rest.

All samsung phone's look in some way the same and iphone's 5c (5x) and 5S (9x) also and there are no other flavours.I'm sure if just one operator in the Netherlands like KPN sells Blackberry Z30 black,white, Z10 black/white and showing that if you wanted a blackberry you need them to buy it with them. . I think also that blackberry must choose just one operator in the Netherland (KPN) and Belgium (Belgacom) to sell there stuff like prime product. It's better win for the operator and blackberry and people they know the can only buy it there. The other store's will still sell for other providers.

For me it's clear if you wanted something you don;t need the operator only for there services. So also selling blackberry phone's only also choose one operator to sell your stuff and advertise with them.
    03-19-14 06:06 PM
    I'm visiting L.A. (from Sacramento) and am interested in updating my 4 year old BB Bold 9700 with a Q10 (not a Z10 or Z30). In Sacramento, not one single carrier has a live Q10 on display. I drove into Westwood, near UCLA, this morning where there is an ATT, Verizon, Radio Shack, and an independent wireless shop that sells all the various company phones and plans on a search for a live Q10 I can hold in my hand and check out. In each of the 4 different shops I was told "Oh, Blackberry is going out of business and soon you won't even be able to get one...."
    This is Blackberry's own doing. Thanks to TH, his top executive team and bunch of morons sitting on the board. Who in their right mind declares that their company is on sale? Only fools like TH. I think that one move has virtually killed Blackberry in the eyes of many retailers and consumers. Unless someone is following Blackberry very closely, changing that perception is going to take some time. Meanwhile, we hardcore fans can do our job of spreading the truth I am so thankful that TH was kicked out and Chen cleaned the whole top junk as well. GOOD RIDDANCE.
    milo53 and JeepBB like this.
    03-19-14 06:14 PM
    I am a Z30 lover...BB forever.
    03-19-14 06:22 PM
    Don't know how many users are on crackberry but aren't there 70-80 million BB users in the world.
    Not anymore. It's more like 40-45M, with around 5M of them being BB10.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-19-14 07:57 PM
    Most blackberry users don't have time for crackberry

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Irish Blues likes this.
    03-19-14 08:21 PM
    Don't know how many users are on crackberry but aren't there 70-80 million BB users in the world.
    i live in indonesia and surprisingly when i met few handphone seller all around indonesia, they're saying the best seller phone in their shop still blackberry, all variant...i thought it's gonna be samsung all the way, almost 50% of my friend migrate to samsung. but that's middle level entry...the lower entry market still opt to curve and bold ( BBOS)
    03-19-14 08:42 PM
    Most blackberry users don't have time for crackberry

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    have to agree with that. not all of them are "tech" savvy in indonesia u can just go to any shop and pay merely US$ 5 for upgrade and all
    03-19-14 08:43 PM
    My local Verizon store stocks all thee bb10 phones I walked in with a 9930 and walked out with a z30
    neteng1000 likes this.
    03-19-14 09:07 PM
    And you think there are millions of people like you going around trying to get it in their heads that they are losing sales because of not carrying a BB? No. I don't think many people are doing what you do.

They need millions to make a scene, not thousands or in your case probably barely hundreds.
    No. He knows there isn't, if there were, he wouldn't need to lie like that to try to trick people :-(
    03-19-14 09:20 PM
    On that point, anyone know how many active BlackBerry users are on here? I can't imagine it's enough to keep them going unfortunately. Reminds me a bit of my Amiga days when I was an active advocate for a system that died too young. I hope I'm wrong.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228
    Because the number of users of some forum is a signal of how many people area/world-wide are interested in the topic the forum covers.

When you get back to Sacramento, try visiting the Elk Grove on Laguna. 2nd biggest store in the west and last time I was there they had a Q10 and Z10 on display. Even if they aren't on display, I bet they have some in stock.
    Maybe someone there will be able to answer "so, when exactly is Blackberry going to go out of business?" If someone does, offer up a bet on it.
    ALToronto likes this.
    03-19-14 09:22 PM
    I know how you feel. I went from BB9700 to the BB9900 which all had that "toolbelt". I bought a Q10, tried to love it, puts lots of months using it and guess what- I hate it! I will purchase the Q20 when it comes out due to the "Toolbelt". Definitely try the new Q10 before you buy and do not buy sight unseen. I did and I regretted it. I have had the Q10 for almost a year but use it very little as I keep going back to my BB9900. Every time I go to use the pos Q10 I have to clean off the cobwebs. hahahahaha.
    I don't understand people's obsession with the trackpad and "toolbelt" which is really only hardware buttons for call, hang-up, the five or seven "top position" applications and exit. BlackBerry OS 10 is a touch-screen user interface-based environment. The only debate should be about virtual keyboard versus physical keyboard preference and BlackBerry Bridge. Just my opinion of course.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-19-14 09:33 PM
    5 million after 13 months? Yikes.

I bet around 1 million are in Canada alone.
    03-19-14 09:40 PM
    Now that's very tempting. AmigaOS was way ahead of its time, and had great games too.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2228

Interesting Amiga-BlackBerry tie-in... in the late 1990s, QNX was being positioned to revive the Amiga as the foundation for the new Amiga OS.

I remember attending a local Amiga club meeting, with Dan Dodge guest speaking about QNX and Amiga at great lengths. QNX was to be the saviour of Amiga, and spawn a whole new amazing platform. I can't remember if there were actual demos, but Dan Dodge really sold the idea to everyone in the room, and the discussion of what QNX was capable of doing was astounding at the time (15-17 years ago!).

Too bad that never panned out, and Amiga Inc decided to use Linux instead.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-19-14 09:48 PM
    How'd you arrive at those figures? The loss of users has to have accelerated very significantly for that to happen. Between Q1 2013 and Q1 2014 (when they last reported subscriber base), 6 million users were lost, bringing it down to 72 million. For it to have hit 45 million, they'd have to lose another 27 million users in a shorter span of time. I guess it's possible given the current climate, but I'm curious as to how you estimated that.

I will say that you are slightly off on BB10 however - as of Q3 2014, roughly 7 million devices have been sold. Unless, of course, you're suggesting that 2 million devices are no longer in active use. Either way though, it doesn't make a big difference. BB10 sales are bad no matter how you look at them.
    03-19-14 09:58 PM
    Yeah, it's probably closer to 6M active BB10 devices. I was basing the total BB devices on the numbers of active BBM BBOS users, which fell VERY quickly after the launch of XBBM, and had been falling pretty fast even before that. BBOS phones were THE phones in many emerging markets even into early 2013, but the introduction of fairly hi-spec, entry-level-priced Android 4.x phones in those markets quickly started making in-roads in converting BBOS users to Android, and once XBBM was launched, that accelerated very quickly. This has been reported here by BB users in Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa, and other former BBOS strongholds, and it's why Chen is so anxious to get the Z3 into those markets, to try to stem the bleeding.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    03-19-14 11:43 PM
    Why do people waste their time dealing with moronic salespeople? Just buy your device online direct from Blackberry.
    Not everyone wants to spend $500 for a phone. It will be interesting to see what the "Jakarta" version of the Q will check in at.
    03-20-14 01:41 AM
    My local Verizon store stocks all thee bb10 phones I walked in with a 9930 and walked out with a z30
    Since you didn't fill out your profile very well, we have no way of knowing where your local store is located.
    03-20-14 02:33 AM
    i think these carriers are highly paid by Competitors not to keep Blackberry Phones, yes it always happens country like US. that is the one cause Blackberry is loosing ground in US.
    03-20-14 04:19 AM
84 1234