At the present time my wife has an I Phone 4 but it is in need of being replaced. I am a verizon customer and do not want to use my upgrade until the BB 10 comes out. Also, I am currently under the unlimited data and don't want to get forced into the share everything. My question is this; can I buy a Bold 9930 from the marketplace and replace my wife's I phone without having to go through Verizon and losing my unlimited data plan? At the present time the bold is more readily available. I'm just not sure because I think that verizon might have to activate a BB to get it registered on the BIS servers?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
    10-28-12 12:39 PM
    The thing is this, when you get it you'd need to switch her data from iPhone to BlackBerry BIS data. They may\may not force you to switch to 'shared'. I'd go into the shop, hence face-to-face to convince them to simply switch her to a BIS plan.

You can only but ask, nicely
    10-28-12 12:49 PM
    If you purchase a device at full-retail or from a source other than Verizon, then you will not be forced into the new data plans. You will only be forced into one of the new plans if you get a subsidized device from Verizon.

Then just call to activate the device on your account. You will need to change from an iPhone/smartphone plan to a BlackBerry plan, but that won't affect your unlimited data (at this point).
    10-28-12 01:09 PM
    The thing is this, when you get it you'd need to switch her data from iPhone to BlackBerry BIS data. They may\may not force you to switch to 'shared'. I'd go into the shop, hence face-to-face to convince them to simply switch her to a BIS plan.

You can only but ask, nicely
    I agree about face to face but it could not hurt to call *611 and ask first. Technically (I think and might be wrong), BIS or not has nothing to do with your contract. While they would have to add BIS to your existing plan that is a configuration thing that is attached and not really related to your terms of payment with them.

Of course a saavy rep will know that with BIS and your existing plan they (VZW) will then have to send a few dollars a month off to RIM. So you might get someone that tries to mislead you.

That is why I would call *611, and ask for tech support. Not a sales rep. Just to check.
    10-28-12 01:20 PM
    I recently did this with a eBay 9650 from my iP4S. No issues doing it online and kept my unlimited intact.
    10-28-12 05:28 PM
    I've switched between a BB and Android many times without losing unlimited. Call *228 or switch online, then check My Verizon to make sure your plan didn't change.
    10-28-12 05:33 PM
    Thanks for all the great information. I sure do appreciate it.
    10-28-12 08:04 PM
    You should be able to keep your unlimited data plan.
    10-28-12 11:43 PM