Like everyone else, the devices pair, but there is always some weird glich that doesn't allow the sync to actually happen. DM asks if I want to use bluetooth to access my BB... I say yes... it asks again, and again, and so on.

I've researched this site extensively and spent an absurd amount of time with customer "support" reps from all entities involved; Dell, BB, RocketFish, and Best Buy. No one can help. It seems my computer simply did not come with the Windows generic bluetooth drivers, the ones that this site taught me I must use, and it is impossible to get them. These drivers are apparently stored in a vault up Uranus... I'm sorry... ON Uranus and is guarded by Jimmy Hoffa, Santa Clause, and several CIA agents. The lowly likes of me are destined to carry a f*&@ing cord around with them in order to synch two of the most sophistacted devices of our day.

Or does someone have any other ideas??????????
    Last edited by Bear75; 01-06-09 at 02:26 PM.
    01-06-09 02:22 PM
    fully agree....been trying to sync storm to dell inspiron....no luck.....sure sucks
    01-06-09 02:24 PM
    You can't just sync it through the USB cord?
    01-06-09 02:32 PM
    Sure the cord can be used...but bluetooth is a waste here.
    Doesn't make sense
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 02:36 PM
    Bluetooth works great through my car Pioneer stereo for hands free talking.
    01-06-09 02:52 PM
    I can also play my media through my car stereo through bluetooth, so it works great for that. Much easier than having to plug in my ipod into my stereo.
    01-06-09 02:54 PM
    Oh, it looks like all that audio stuff is more than willing to work. But don't ask it to sync with outlook on a Dell Inspiron. VERY DISSAPOINTING. This is a feature that I used a lot on my Treo, and thought I could count on any modern device to handle this simple funtion.

And yes, the cord works fine. But I already have a veritable fish net of cords to deal with, and I just like (and expect) the convenience of a one click sync.
    Last edited by Bear75; 01-06-09 at 03:07 PM.
    01-06-09 03:02 PM
    I am researching this now...I loved this on my treo...I hope this works soon!
    01-13-09 01:08 PM
    After searching on this topic for days, I finally found the one method that worked for me (and many others). Delete from your computer any third-party bluetooth software from Broadcomm, Widcomm, etc., and then precisely follow the instructions here:
    oops, can't post the URL.
    So google-->vinsvision Additional Bluetooth Drivers for Microsoft Bluetooth in Windows XP SP2
    and follow result #1.
    Easier than editing your own bth.inf file, and the only thing in the world to have worked for me!!!!
    02-06-09 02:44 PM
    BT syncing has always been a problem and NOT just on the Storm. For some reason it has always been very hit and miss and rarely ever straight forward for anyone...
    02-06-09 02:52 PM
    I fought a similar battle with my Dell Inspiron 6000 and BB Curve 8330, but emerged victorious. I did have to fully uninstall the entire Toshiba Bluetooth stack my system came with remove it from the hard disk entirely. Then I did a scan for new hardware in which case Windows recognized the bluetooth module and installed its own drivers. Finally I added my Curve bluetooth ensuring it added as a phone, not as a modem. Now I can sync wirelessly and it is mighty nice for when you are heading out and want to catch up you latest appts and contacts without having to track down your cable.

Keep up the battle, the solution is out there, it may just take a few (dozen) tries.

Rgds/Mark M.
    02-06-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD