I am brand new to CrackBerry(joined today). My problem is that I am inundated with spam on my 8800 model. Is there a good way to get my emails filtered? Many thanks.
    04-30-08 08:21 AM
    For EMAILS: Go to your online BIS account, and then, click ‘Filters” next to your email address, and enter the keyword(s), “Do not forward to device,” etc. Then SAVE.

Some use a 3rd party software: iBerry Black & Whitelist. There are other softwares out there.

For SMS, MMS, PIN MESSAGES: Generally, there are no screening programs or protocols for SMS/Text Messages. I have Verizon, and I know from past experience that they are able to block calls and texts from specific numbers. Sprint could block premium messages - monthly subscription. I don’t know how this work exactly, but from what I heard, it’s great at stopping spam text messages.

Some use the firewall to block all sms, mms, and pin messages. Go to OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL. Then, check off all or one box.

MB
    Last edited by MB; 04-30-08 at 09:53 AM.
    04-30-08 09:44 AM
    The best way to do, is to retire that email address and start fresh.

I keep several email accounts. When I register for software or have to supply my address, I use a throwaway address. In no time, that address becomes a SPAM bucket.
    04-30-08 10:14 AM
    Sometimes, the best answer is the most simple one!

MB
    04-30-08 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD