PLEASE HELP.

I installed the software (Desktop Manager I believe its called) back when I first got my Curve. I plug it in from time to time to charge while I am in the office but have never used it to connect to my outlook or anything like that. Now the phones charge port broke and I got a new BOLD. I need to move my contacts onto the computer and then onto the new BOLD. I would also like to use this application to sync my outlook to my device's calendar but thats a whole other can of worms

I love this site because it is SO HELPFUL!!!

Thanks in advance,

BaltiShawn
    04-22-09 08:01 AM
    why dont you just take it to ATT and let them do it?
    04-22-09 08:07 AM
    Also, I just realized that the same port to charge with is the port to upload with, so I don't think I am going to be able to upload anything to the comp now. But I used to plug it in from time to time. How can I check the device manager to see if the contacts are already on there?
    04-22-09 08:07 AM
    I may, but I don't think there is anyway to plug into the device now.

Might be in trouble!
    04-22-09 08:08 AM
    Did you download the DM to your computer...if so you should have backed all your information up and it should all be there.
    04-22-09 08:13 AM
    You can also use bluetooth to backup your device and also to sync with outlook. You'd need a bluetooth on your computer or maybe a friend with a laptop that has bluetooth built-in.
    04-22-09 08:56 AM
    I may, but I don't think there is anyway to plug into the device now.

Might be in trouble!
    If the old phone still works, and you have a battery that's charged, use Skydeck to backup the contacts and keep track of text messages to and from your phone (only when app is running in the background, will it keep backups of SMS), but you can with the free version of Skydeck, keep you contacts backed up so to restore them to your phone later if something happens to it.

Your Cell Phone Online -- Skydeck

The free account allows you to sync your phone's Address Book to your Skydeck account.
    04-22-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD