I have so far downloaded and rejected several podcast players/managers that refuse to play (or even recognize) any of my downloaded podcast episodes.

I ask because occasionally I like to go back and relisten to old episodes that unfortunately are no longer available for download, plus even if I wanted to download them again the feed only shows the last 10 (there are close to 200 episodes in total).

Am I looking for the proverbial El Dorado or has some developer actually thought of this? (and if it's not yet available, any devs out there want my money who will add this functionality to an existing app?)

Just some quick stats: I have a BB10 Q10, running OS version 10.3, my podcasts are saved as mp3 files

Some of the podcast apps I have tried are:
    Nobex - Radio and Podcasts
    Podcasts
    Podcasts To Go
    bPod

Plus 4 different RSS readers that I hoped would allow me to add my saved library into the playlist

If more info is needed I will be happy to answer any reasonable questions (ie not stuff already covered in this post)
    Last edited by Er1nyes; 01-05-16 at 05:11 AM.
    01-04-16 06:11 PM
    I'm bumping this as it seems I may be asking for the moon and the stars - can't believe this is such a big ask. No devs want my money?
    01-26-16 06:12 PM
    I use Nobex, and it seems to be just fine. I don't think I'm understanding what you need is since you can download podcasts for later listening using Nobex

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    01-26-16 06:45 PM
    I use Nobex, and it seems to be just fine. I don't think I'm understanding what you need is since you can download podcasts for later listening using Nobex

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade

then why doesn't it recognize the podcasts I've downloaded?
    03-30-16 12:42 PM
    then why doesn't it recognize the podcasts I've downloaded?
    Because they each use their own database.

Either subscribe to those podcasts and download those particular episodes again,

Or just play them using the stock music player.

Also consider alternative android apps.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-30-16 01:33 PM
    Yeah, stock music player. Maybe Neutron to the rescue?

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-30-16 05:01 PM
    I've since given up as it seems what I want and what is available are 2 different things...I've since removed the podcast apps as I can't seem to get any of them to read from the podcast folder regardless of if I copy the actual files into them.

Thanx for the replies and suggestions - all were greatly appreciated even if they ultimately didn't solve my issue, it was just nice to get some feedback.

Case closed

Slainte, Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:12 PM
    I'm bumping this as it seems I may be asking for the moon and the stars - can't believe this is such a big ask. No devs want my money?
    I'll take it! bPod dev here. Sounds like you want an app to be able to generate an RSS feed that can then be added as a podcast channel in your podcast manager, do I got that right? I like that idea and have been planning on adding it in the Android version of my app to accommodate audio books, music albums and situations like yours.
    05-11-16 07:05 PM
    I'll take it! bPod dev here. Sounds like you want an app to be able to generate an RSS feed that can then be added as a podcast channel in your podcast manager, do I got that right? I like that idea and have been planning on adding it in the Android version of my app to accommodate audio books, music albums and situations like yours.
    What's the name of your Android app? I've been using bpod on my Z30 and really liking it but I can't seem to find your app in the playstore.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-16 05:42 AM
    It's still called bPod, though it's still in alpha. The app should be released in a few months.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    pepa1 likes this.
    05-12-16 09:39 AM
    The android version of the app was finally released, though I had to change the name to Metapod to avoid confusion with another popular Android podcasting app. You can download it here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...podmux.metapod
    The DTEK50 was among the devices I used for testing during development.

To create a podcast channel from local files follow these steps:
    1. Access the app menu by taping in the upper right corner.
    2. Tap on Settings
    3. Select Import Podcast Subscriptions
    4. Select "Create a podcast channel from local files"
    5. Select the folder with the media.
    Jack Chin likes this.
    11-10-16 08:52 PM