I am not completely comfortable with DM and having to reinstall OS etc. I don't even really know how to download themes, ringtones, etc on the Berry. It's embarassing but true. I was wondering if they have training classes in different cities where people can go to learn how to do everything. I want to get the most out of my Berry experience but am just not comfortable. I am quick to learn but would like someone to show me how to do something before trying to tackle it on my own. I have a couple of friends with Berrys but they live several hundred miles away. Everyone on this forum is so patient and helpful and it can't begin to explain how happy I am to have a place to go and learn.

Thanks everybody!
    08-18-08 09:54 AM
    Read the 101 lecture series found in the newbies sevtion on here it will really help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 09:55 AM
    I have done that but still not comfortable. I learn how to do things better by actually watching it being done rather than reading something. I just fear that I will do something wrong and not be able to fix it.

Thanks
    08-18-08 09:59 AM
    Hello and welcome to Crackberry... as blueberry mentioned the 101 lecture series is very informative and will answer alot of the "newbie" questions we all have when you first purchase your berry... it will also give you step by step instructions on "how to..." and you can find that series here BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

Another thread you may want to look over is the keyboard shortcuts thread which you can find here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/ this will make your keyboard skills faster and efficient...

these threads should answer alot of your basic questions however after the jump if you have any other questions that you did not find the answers to your more then welcome to ask... im no expert but will be more then happy to help you at the best of my ability...
    08-18-08 10:06 AM
    even if you do something wrong there are alot of people on here with the knowledge to help you
    08-18-08 10:06 AM
    Have confidence in yourself! These forums are full of helpful, knowledgeable and friendly people. I guarantee you can do it! Just be patient and take the time to read and learn, and you'll do it.
    08-18-08 10:09 AM
    I have done that but still not comfortable. I learn how to do things better by actually watching it being done rather than reading something. I just fear that I will do something wrong and not be able to fix it.

Thanks
    Well, that will be tougher. Is there anyone close to where you live?
    if not, I'd be willing to share my webcam feed with you so that you can see the directions live...

Dm
    08-18-08 10:09 AM
    I am not completely comfortable with DM and having to reinstall OS etc. I don't even really know how to download themes, ringtones, etc on the Berry. It's embarassing but true. I was wondering if they have training classes in different cities where people can go to learn how to do everything. I want to get the most out of my Berry experience but am just not comfortable. I am quick to learn but would like someone to show me how to do something before trying to tackle it on my own. I have a couple of friends with Berrys but they live several hundred miles away. Everyone on this forum is so patient and helpful and it can't begin to explain how happy I am to have a place to go and learn.

Thanks everybody!

LOL Welcome to my WORLD!!!!!!

I seriously emailed Crackberry about a place for dummy newbies but they turned me down
    They didn't believe there was anybody else as BB Impaired as me I guess
    Last edited by SandAngel; 08-18-08 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Sp.
    08-18-08 11:24 AM
    Hmmmm... Might be a good idea for a business model... Teach people how to use their new tech toys for a fee.
    08-18-08 11:27 AM
    LOL Welcome to my WORLD!!!!!!

I seriuosly emailed Crackberry about a place for dummy newbies but htey turned me down
    They didn't believe there was anybody else as BB Impaired as me I guess
    Now thats funny............oh yeah welcome to the club.
    08-18-08 11:27 AM
    We should do a web seminar via webcam LOL
    08-18-08 11:28 AM
    You may be on to something. Look at the popularity of the BlackBerry dismantling videos on YouTube.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 03:01 PM
    Well, I have decided to go back to the Blackberry 101 lecture series and read every word and try to absorb and understand it all. I guess, worse case scenario, is I have to return my Blackberry because I killed it. At least it wouldn't be premeditated. LOL I just hope I don't lose all of my contacts etc.

Also, SandAngel, I am so happy I am not alone.

Thanks everyone, again, for all of your help. You guys are the best!
    08-18-08 06:25 PM
    Well, I have decided to go back to the Blackberry 101 lecture series and read every word and try to absorb and understand it all. I guess, worse case scenario, is I have to return my Blackberry because I killed it. At least it wouldn't be premeditated. LOL I just hope I don't lose all of my contacts etc.

Also, SandAngel, I am so happy I am not alone.

Thanks everyone, again, for all of your help. You guys are the best!
    Make sure you do a backup of your device with the blackberry desktop manager software this way if you did loose any info you could just reload it to your phone.... i make it a habit to back up atleast 1 time a week..
    08-18-08 06:37 PM
    You really need to be more comfortable with your device and read up some more on it. If you do not know what you are doing you can 'Brick' your Berry easily. You have to crawl before you can walk...
    08-18-08 06:41 PM
    You really need to be more comfortable with your device and read up some more on it. If you do not know what you are doing you can 'Brick' your Berry easily. You have to crawl before you can walk...
    I couldnt agree with you more. Hula, stop being your own worst enemy. The BB is not a dinosaur you need to be afraid of. Just relax and take your time with it. I dont know how long you've had your BB, but truly get comfortable with it first. Push some buttons and see what it does.

Any help you need, this forum is FULL of knowlegable people who can get you out of practically any jam but you have to be willing to try. We cant help you if you're too scared to help yourself.

Before I came here I knew absolutely nothing about a BB; now look at me, I'm a Genius! ( puffs chest out )
    08-18-08 06:56 PM
    Thanks ScandaLex. I've had my Berry for a month. I feel comfortable with most of the stuff. It's just the upgrading the OS and downloading Apps that concerns me. I'll keep plugging along. Eventually it will sink in.

Aloha!
    08-18-08 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD