I just got my bb pearl yesterday and i am so overwhelmed. this site as already helped me a ton but i have a probably dumb question. the whole "in holster" and "out of holster" settings.
    Is this a special holster or is the one that came with my bb considered a holster?

And, how does the bb know when it is in the holster??
    04-05-08 08:58 PM
    The holster that came with your BB is magnetized, hence the "holster" settings.
    04-05-08 09:01 PM
    It uses a magnet in the holster to know when it's in or out. The one that came with it has it, and most of the ones at the cb store have it as well. Hope that helps and welcome to CB
    04-05-08 09:02 PM
    Also,

Welcome to CB!
    04-05-08 09:02 PM
    thank you!
    04-05-08 09:05 PM
    Welcome 2 CB

The different options are for those who would rather it ring louder being away from there ear or vibrate more at their hip because they can feel it. For me, it's set to vibrate 24/7.
    04-05-08 09:06 PM
    welcome to cb!
    buy a holster off cb with the magnets
    thats a great feature of these phones
    i got a spe holster, its really nice and works like a charm
    04-06-08 03:43 PM
    I just got my bb pearl yesterday and i am so overwhelmed. this site as already helped me a ton but i have a probably dumb question. the whole "in holster" and "out of holster" settings.
    Is this a special holster or is the one that came with my bb considered a holster?

And, how does the bb know when it is in the holster??
    Just love when the magic of the Berry reveals itself. "It just WORKS"
    04-06-08 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD