Hi

I have backed up my files using the Blackberry desktop software, as I will not be using my Blackberry phone anymore. I need to able to view certain texts as proof for a future court case, and I cannot lose them.

Is there a way of converting the files for free please? I have used 'Blackberry BackUp Extractor' and another similar application tonight that claim to be free, when in fact they only allow the first five texts from the phone to be shown (you then have to pay to view the full file)

I need to sort this out as soon as possible please, because when I do a 'sim swap' to my new phone very soon, all sms will be lost and I want to be able to sort this before taking that step.

Thanks in advance
    Tara
    08-19-13 11:14 PM
    Try this...
    MagicBerry - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

It's called Magic Berry. I had to use the older version a long time ago and it use to do exactly what your asking about.
    08-19-13 11:35 PM
    Try this...
    MagicBerry - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

It's called Magic Berry. I had to use the older version a long time ago and it use to do exactly what your asking about.
    Hi

I just downloaded Magic Berry (thank you) but it's acting rather odd...
    It does open the texts one by one, but the text header or sender it came from is deciphered, so there's no way of locating a particular text.

I've attached some pics - did the same happen to you when you used the application?
    Many thanks

I need to convert ipd file to csv (for free) so that I can view old text / sms messages-capture.jpg
    The second pic shows how a text opens up when one is clicked on

I need to convert ipd file to csv (for free) so that I can view old text / sms messages-capture2.jpg
    08-20-13 12:29 AM
    I could really do with the full version of the 'Blackberry BackUp Extractor' for free, as the file was converted to a csv file that opened all texts into Excel. It was perfect for what I need to do
    08-20-13 12:33 AM
    No it didn't do that. I just remember that I needed to read something from a text message saved in an old backup from an old phone. Sorry it didn't work out.
    08-20-13 09:00 AM