I am so stressed out! Sunday evening I was out with my sister and had my trusty Z30 in my jacket pocket...getting into her car I pulled the door shut on my phone. I pulled it out and not a scratch on it ( I even joked to her that if it was her iphone the screen would be done)... well to make a long story short... sitting at dinner my son called me and when I picked up my phone to answer I was horrified to see a black screen with little lines across it and not able to answer the phone. I was almost crying!!!
    I ended up heading to Verizon to grab a new one... of course they didn't have one in stock... neither did any of the nearby Verizons. I was forced to buy an Android!! I picked up the Edge6+..I figured I will use it till Verizon gets the Priv and then give it to my daughter. The problem is I don't think after using this for 2 1/2 days that I will be happy with the Priv. First thing I noticed when I got home.......no sd card!!!! Ugh!!! Second.... everything needs an app and even then takes extra steps to do something. I have so many questions about how to do this and that but they are for another forum I guess. I am just not loving the Android os to be honest.
    I am going to try to get the screen replaced and pray that fixes my Z30. I have so much information on there that I can't get to (and yes I used to back it up but my port went bad and haven't been able to for a couple months). I want it back up and running!!!! Anyone ever have this happen to them? Should replacing the screen fix it. I hear it getting mail all the time and before switching phones , the texts and calls were coming thru.
    12-01-15 12:01 PM
    Replacing the screen should fix it. Amazon appears to have the best/cheapest VZW Z30 screen, and yes, it is different than all the other models.

Buy a micro HDMI cable and plug it into your TV. That should tell you if the rest of the device is working or not.

!0 minute job to replace the screen yourself. I'm almost certain a T4 is all you need and a youtube video to see how it's done.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU12119872
    maddie1128 likes this.
    12-01-15 01:02 PM
    About that HDMI cable.... I looked up to buy one but am clueless some are 26AWG some 28 some don't say anything like that ....some with Ethernet...some "in wall"....some are platinum. What???
    Also,,the both ends of the cable look the same, I don't see a spot on my computer for it to plug into that it would fit in! Is there an adaptor for that too? Luckily I have someone to replace the screen if that is what I need! lol
    12-01-15 01:20 PM
    Demand the very best!

New Genuine Original Blackberry Playbook High Speed Micro HDMI to Standard HDMI | eBay
    COMPATIBLE WITH - A10, Q10, Z10, Z30, PLAYBOOK
    BerryRipe and maddie1128 like this.
    12-01-15 01:56 PM
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...83894417.html\
    Transfer files between your computer and device using a Wi-Fi connection
    You must set a new storage access password each time that you turn on access to storage using a Wi-Fi network. Before files are moved over a Wi-Fi network, you are prompted to enter the storage access password.

On the home screen of your BlackBerry device, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap image Settings > About. <Hopefully your digitizer still works.
    In the Category drop-down list, tap Network. Make note of the IPv4 address.
    Tap The Back icon.
    Tap Storage and Access.
    Turn on the Access using Wi-Fi switch.
    Type a storage access password.
    Tap Identification on Network and make note of the Username.
    On your computer, do one of the following:
    If your computer uses a Windows operating system, in a Run command, type the IP address using the following format: \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
    If your computer uses a Mac operating system, click Go > Connect to Server. Type the IP address using the following format: smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
    Go to the files or folders that you want to copy.
    When prompted, enter the username and storage access password.
    Drag and drop the files or folders.
    There are probably other ways to transfer data if the screen change doesn't fix it.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    12-01-15 02:09 PM
    If you've never done anything like this before I wouldn't try to fix the screen yourself if the phone is still working (unless you don't really care at this point and are fine with doing it). Have you thought about just buying one on eBay or Amazon? They are pretty cheap and would most likely cost you less than what you spent on your S6.
    12-01-15 02:48 PM
    Right now I can't do anything on the screen. I didn't even know that the cables were specific to brands and models .. so thank you very much for that!!!
    12-01-15 02:50 PM
    @donnation- I have someone to replace the screen. Don't worry, I wasn't going to attempt it myself because I do care and would love to get it up and running again. As for buying the S6....buying one on Amazon was not an option because I needed a phone right away. I didn't have any old one laying around or I would have used one till I could see if I could get this fixed.
    I bought my last Z30 on ebay but had a z10 to hold me over...in the meantime, my daughter left her z30 battery go all the way down and it wouldn't recover from that so I gave her the z10... so no back up for me.
    12-01-15 02:56 PM
    Ouch... hope it turns out well for you... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-01-15 04:55 PM
    Why not order the Z30 and get it in the mail, then return the Samsung within the 14 day return period?

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    12-01-15 05:17 PM
    Sorry to hear this. I hope you can get that Z30 up and running again to keep the Blackberry 10 spirit alive.
    12-01-15 05:28 PM
    Get a BB Z30 unlocked at shopblackberry.com or amazon.com.

  
    12-01-15 07:42 PM
    I know Samsung is the most popular Android phone, and their screens and cameras are great, but from a software point of view, you couldn't have picked a worse Android phone to switch to. Samsung's TouchWiz interface is FAR FAR from stock Android, and even I find it confusing. Of course, Samsung wants to have a "proprietary experience" on their phones to create some "lock in", but you definitely shouldn't judge Android based on TouchWiz.

The phone I recommend right now is the same one I'm currently carrying - the LG G4. The camera is nothing short of amazing - both stills and video - and it has a removable battery and SD card, and the same SoC as the Priv (SnapDragon 808) with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. It's also under $500 outright, and probably "free" (meaning - no down-payment) on contract.
    12-01-15 07:52 PM
    How does Android need an app for everything? BlackBerry 10 is like that too.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 10:57 PM