Mainly BBM. My BF and best friend have BBM. I used a Blackberry since 2006. (Long Time). I currently am using the iPhone 4 and like it its pretty cool but like I said in the subject line I miss my Blackberry. I'm not really a fan of the 9800 Torch but I am not due for an upgrade until November 2012. The new 9850 looks so nice. I think thats a Blackberry that I would really like.

I dont really know what to do. Stick with the iPhone or come back to Blackberry. Please help me decide. I dont want to come back to BB and regret it.
    11-12-11 12:10 AM
    You won't regret it, new BB's are really good. Sell the iphone on ebay or craisgslist and get a new OS7 BB. Torch 9810 or Bold 9900/9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 12:16 AM
    Hey nov. 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By then maybe BBX will be out

11-12-11 12:48 AM
    Mainly BBM. My BF and best friend have BBM. I used a Blackberry since 2006. (Long Time). I currently am using the iPhone 4 and like it its pretty cool but like I said in the subject line I miss my Blackberry. I'm not really a fan of the 9800 Torch but I am not due for an upgrade until November 2012. The new 9850 looks so nice. I think thats a Blackberry that I would really like.

I dont really know what to do. Stick with the iPhone or come back to Blackberry. Please help me decide. I dont want to come back to BB and regret it.
    Is your carrier AT&T or Verizon? It is a lot easier to change if you're a GSM carrier, but there are ways around most problems, if you work with it. There will be people selling phones on a regular basis, and with some planning, you don't even need to stay with the same phone at all if you don't like what you have. Craigslist or eBay would be potential places to find a used or refurbished device to give it a test run.

Enjoy experimenting with other devices, sell the one/s that dont work for you.
    11-12-11 01:01 AM
    DO IT!! I love my 9850. Should keep me content for awhile
    11-12-11 01:19 AM
    Come back home MrszBerry! Open arms await & welcome you!

If you decide to make such a choice by your 2012 time frame, I'm sure you will have the new BBX device/s sitting pretty by then to expand your choices even further.
    11-12-11 01:30 AM
    You won't regret it, new BB's are really good. Sell the iphone on ebay or craisgslist and get a new OS7 BB. Torch 9810 or Bold 9900/9930.

Or Torch 9860/9850

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-12-11 01:30 AM
    Do it! I was due an upgrade and got the iphone 4 (because the Os7 phones hadn't come out at the time and I'm really impatient) lol! Mistake? I say yes...crap battery, locked into itunes, lack of custom options etc. I could go on!

Still a regular visitor here and seeing the Os7 phones talked about I was like dayyyyum! Only thing I liked about iphone was the big screen so I ended up changing my data plan to BB, sold my iphone to a lad at work and bought a 9860 and. 16 gig PlayBook and I couldn't be happier!
    11-12-11 02:00 AM
    Come on home girl..
    11-12-11 04:42 AM
    It depends on what you'll miss on your iPhone. If you're heavily invested in apps or iTunes, I'd be hesitant to switch. BlackBerry app world is far less extensive than Apple. I missed some of my favorite apps when I ditched my 3GS and moved to my 9800. Definitely do some research on apps you might miss.

Also, maybe make a list of pros and cons between the different devices. That might help you organize your likes and dislikes and decide what you can live without and what you can't.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-11 07:56 AM
    Hey nov. 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By then maybe BBX will be out

I know. I can't wait!
    11-12-11 09:40 AM
    Is your carrier AT&T or Verizon? It is a lot easier to change if you're a GSM carrier, but there are ways around most problems, if you work with it. There will be people selling phones on a regular basis, and with some planning, you don't even need to stay with the same phone at all if you don't like what you have. Craigslist or eBay would be potential places to find a used or refurbished device to give it a test run.

Enjoy experimenting with other devices, sell the one/s that dont work for you.
    My carrier is AT&T
    11-12-11 09:41 AM
    It depends on what you'll miss on your iPhone. If you're heavily invested in apps or iTunes, I'd be hesitant to switch. BlackBerry app world is far less extensive than Apple. I missed some of my favorite apps when I ditched my 3GS and moved to my 9800. Definitely do some research on apps you might miss.

Also, maybe make a list of pros and cons between the different devices. That might help you organize your likes and dislikes and decide what you can live without and what you can't.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    I will miss vevo, and words with friends. But I'm gonna do a pro/con list lol
    11-12-11 09:43 AM
    I will miss vevo, and words with friends. But I'm gonna do a pro/con list lol
    There is Vevo on the playbook....i'm just saying...might as well on of those too.

11-12-11 11:13 AM
    This is why I have a iPod touch and my bb curve 3G... The best of both worlds...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    lorax1284 likes this.
    11-12-11 02:51 PM
    I think I'm going back to blackberry. But I need an os7 device. I think I'm going with sprint and getting the torch or bold. I like the bigger screen on the torch. The bigger the better
    11-12-11 08:52 PM
    There is Vevo on the playbook....i'm just saying...might as well on of those too.

playbook is a dead end street, i have it, RIM messed up big time with this device. they released an incomplete tablet, there arent any good apps on it. no one is programming for it either.

i have the new bold touch 9930 w sprint, its way better then my old bold 9650. but OS7 can be very laggy, it has a 1.2ghz cpu w/ 768mb ram and its lagging, its just very annoying at times. but it is a great device. like moiselles said, list ur pros/cons. remember with BB u will not have any cross platform apps, well u wont have many apps at all with BB. they are focusing on BBM connected apps but they are forgetting everyone is leaving BB's behind. they need to focus on cross platform apps which they are not doing.
    11-14-11 01:25 AM
    playbook is a dead end street, i have it, RIM messed up big time with this device. they released an incomplete tablet, there arent any good apps on it. no one is programming for it either.

i have the new bold touch 9930 w sprint, its way better then my old bold 9650. but OS7 can be very laggy, it has a 1.2ghz cpu w/ 768mb ram and its lagging, its just very annoying at times. but it is a great device. like moiselles said, list ur pros/cons. remember with BB u will not have any cross platform apps, well u wont have many apps at all with BB. they are focusing on BBM connected apps but they are forgetting everyone is leaving BB's behind. they need to focus on cross platform apps which they are not doing.
    The Only useful advice from this entire post was the rest was purely speculative, and short sighted,

Pick your Phone by what is available NOW for it, not what is coming, buy you accessories based on what they do NOW, not for what is promised, and you'll be a much Happier person.
    I Think my 9900 / PlayBook Combo is EXCELLENT, does most of what I need (except LinkedIN on the 9900 ggrrr)
    being using a Samsung Galaxy 2 for a few days, and I'll tell ya the big bright screen is great, BUT man do I get angry at it A LOT, and frustrated, Unlike what Barny from HIMYM says, new isn't always better.

I suspect your AT&T iPhone will sell for for a couple $100, and if you still have your Torch 9800, you can use it as a Trade in with RIM, probably netting you another 150-200 off the price of a new OS7 phone.
    lorax1284 likes this.
    11-14-11 07:45 AM
    The Only useful advice from this entire post was the rest was purely speculative, and short sighted,

Pick your Phone by what is available NOW for it, not what is coming, buy you accessories based on what they do NOW, not for what is promised, and you'll be a much Happier person.
    I Think my 9900 / PlayBook Combo is EXCELLENT, does most of what I need (except LinkedIN on the 9900 ggrrr)
    being using a Samsung Galaxy 2 for a few days, and I'll tell ya the big bright screen is great, BUT man do I get angry at it A LOT, and frustrated, Unlike what Barny from HIMYM says, new isn't always better.

I suspect your AT&T iPhone will sell for for a couple $100, and if you still have your Torch 9800, you can use it as a Trade in with RIM, probably netting you another 150-200 off the price of a new OS7 phone.
    I just sold a white 9800 torch for 280.00 on ebay. I'm sure the iphone will get you atleast 300.00. The 9900 is 650.00@att. I highly recommend the 9900!
    11-14-11 07:49 AM
    The 9360, 9860/50, 9900/30 and 9810 are all waiting to be tested at any store that offers live working models. List those pros and cons, if apps are still your thing, maybe a used iDevice is worthy (after selling your current one). All in all, you should be able to decide. Also note, that if you go with a CDMA carrier, you cannot unlock your phone for another carrier.

11-14-11 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD