I was going through my contact list. I then went into the options and was trying to view the different settings that I have never looked at before. I'm not sure what I ckicked...but I then went into my contact list and all my contacts were gone. Its just completely Blank. I messed around trying to find them again but without success. I just don't understand because there is no way I should of deleted them. There was no message that said "Do you want to delete all contacts" Nothing like that at all. I'm really worried.

I have looked at my dial list... and the previous calls that I made....and they are still logged in there with a few my contact names...so my phone must still have a copy of the names somewhere.

I also went to my desk top manager and went to restore and clicked on the option. So I thought that my contacts would of been recovered. So after 4 Min's of restoring....then reseting my device I thought that would of been me back to normal. I have just switched on my device and still my contacts are not there. I just don't understand it at all. All the restoring did was give me old messages and emails etc....not my contacts.

Can anyone help please? I fairly new to Blackberry.
    Last edited by Alpha81; 05-23-09 at 06:13 AM.
    05-23-09 06:11 AM
    I was going through my contact list. I then went into the options and was trying to view the different settings that I have never looked at before. I'm not sure what I ckicked...but I then went into my contact list and all my contacts were gone. Its just completely Blank. I messed around trying to find them again but without success. I just don't understand because there is no way I should of deleted them. There was no message that said "Do you want to delete all contacts" Nothing like that at all. I'm really worried.

I have looked at my dial list... and the previous calls that I have made are still logged in there with all my contact names...so my phone must still have a copy of the names somewhere.

I also went to my desk top manager and went to restore and clicked on the option. So I thought that my contacts would of been recovered. So after 4 Min's of restoring....then reseting my device I thought that would of been me back to normal. I have just switched on my device and still my contacts are not there. I just don't understand it at all. All the restoring did was give me old messages and emails etc....not my contacts.

hmm thats a strange one..

your contacts should be backed up in a backup and I don't believe that you wouldn't have gotten a warning on deleting contacts...

I also don't even think there is anything for "delete all contacts" of course I have never looked for it either.

There is a device wipe but you would have known that you did that.

what third party apps are you running?
    05-23-09 06:15 AM

I have looked at my dial list... and the previous calls that I made....and they are still logged in there with a few my contact names...so my phone must still have a copy of the names somewhere.

It sounds like you accidentally filtered your Address Book. Your contacts are still there, but you can't see them. Address / Options / Filter. Uncheck any box that's checked. Filters are not reset by a reboot nor by a restore. You have to reset them in the options.
    05-23-09 06:18 AM
    It sounds like you accidentally filtered your Address Book. Your contacts are still there, but you can't see them. Address / Options / Filter. Uncheck any box that's checked. Filters are not reset by a reboot nor by a restore. You have to reset them in the options.

hey thats good information... I honestly wouldn't have thought of that one "taking notes"
    05-23-09 06:19 AM
    Yea...that sounds familiar the "filter" option. I can remember clicking that to be honest. Do you think by me restoring my device would have any effect? It shouldn't make any difference should it?

Thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Last edited by Alpha81; 05-23-09 at 06:43 AM.
    05-23-09 06:27 AM
    Yea...that sounds the familiar the "filter" option. I can remember clicking that to be honest. Do you think by me restoring my device would have any effect? It shouldn't make any difference should it?

Thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Restoring a backup will have lost any changes to your personal information that you'd made since making the backup. If your backup was current, it won't have affected anything. It won't affect the filters, regardless.
    05-23-09 06:44 AM
    Thanks that seems to be back to normal. The only thing that appears to have happened is the contacts that I have added since I backed up my files last week...dont appear to be restored. I should of come on here and asked advice rather than trying to fix the problem myself. I'll live and learn.

Thanks for your input guys.
    05-23-09 07:51 AM
    ... The only thing that appears to have happened is the contacts that I have added since I backed up my files last week...dont appear to be restored. ...
    That's what I meant, when I said that restoring a backup would cause you to lose changes made to your personal information since the last backup. If they're not backed up, then the restore deletes them. A restore replaces the entire database on the device with the contents of the backed up database.
    05-23-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD